Alright when was that again.....?

The track never dried out, and it was still a track that was like driving on a mirror. Other drivers were either performing pirouettes or driving on eggshells. Lewis however showed why he is the best in in the wet, and in changing conditions. Lewis did what Lewis does, control the pace of his race - period.

My findings so far are that Russel perform as fast as Hamilton, compared to Bottas. Russel should be 0.4s slower at least. It's a strange scenario and not really good for the imago and status from Hamilton and Bottas.

:roflmao:
Russell is much better than Hamilton, he dominated the race from the start with Hamilton's car, the car was too small for him etc, what about Hamilton with Russell's car? What if Latifi beat Hamilton with Williams?

That Merc pit stop mistake could be intentionally made to make the Hamilton look better, FIA asked to do it, Hamilton is Hero atm :roflmao:

Clueless and your post defines all logic.
Why would that make Hamilton look better?

As i said before.
Merc car dominates tracks like theese. 3-4 braking points, just flat out 75% + every lap.
Bottas actually had more pace on hard tires than Russel.
Mercedes ruined both their cars race.

Russel is a great driver.
No one is close to Hamiltons level.

As i said before.
Merc car dominates tracks like theese. 3-4 braking points, just flat out 75% + every lap.

In the Merc. No...But then this weekend from FP1 to the race no one was close to Russell's level.. a guy who in a weeks time or whatever will be getting lapped in the Williams..

What does that tell you about F1 as a drivers championship?

Perez this season in the pink Merc proves the point too, as does Kimi's demise in the Alfa, LeClerc and Vettel in the red car.

But no better explanation for it all than the backmarker dominating this weekend...

If Lewis stepped into the Williams he'd no longer be at an unattainable level...he'd be languishing mid field at best...

Why do you think BoP exist in other series?

F1 isn't and never has been a place for a level playing field.
It's like a football match with one team having a huge goal the width of the pitch and the other a basket.....unfair....
And there will be no better example of that when Russell is struggling to get out of Q1 next week in the Williams...

The damage is done to all but the most fervent Lewis fan boys..

Last edited:
1. Hamilton is not the best thing since sliced bread
2. Bottas is an average driver by F1 driver standards despite best efforts by a certain media to pitch him as, quoting Brundle, “a driver who gives Hamilton a run for his money.” No he doesn’t.
3. Russell is exceptional.
No, he's just the best thing since the wheel was invented - wheels... Since it seems that you don't know this i'll tell you that Russel looks up to Lewis, and please don't make me pull the article to prove it. Russel drove great, but Lewis would not have driven over any debris because well.... he just doesn't do things like that as a merc driver.

Wow Russell, how Mercedes totally waisted their race in 10 seconds.
If Russell would have won big chance they would get disqualified for having the wrong tires on the car.
Just out of emphathy they let him keep the 2 points scored.
I felt so sorry for him.
Still pretty cool Perez thought his race was gone and came out on top.
Nice crown on his hard work last years for the team before he get sacked.
Hope Vettel will do better next year than what we have seen of him the last few seasons.
Otherwise they still going to miss Perez dearly.

Verstapped did not much wrong, but maybe could have saved it if he would break a bit more, instead of not trying to loose momentum. At that speed the gravel does make skid.
But that easier said afterwards than beings there surrounded by 4 cars all heading for the same corner.

Funny to see the AI doing laps on my system already predicted those 2 corners would see the biggest chance on collisions. Seen loads of similar incidents already at the first lap in the weeks prior to the event.

Last edited:
In my opinion, definitely Perez. Russel definitely gets a lot of credit however I believe many drivers on the grid could get in a Merc and run at the front. Just shows how big the gap is between the Merc and all the other cars. If Max got in a Merc, he would have lapped the field.

Lewis didn't have the best car in Turkey and he destroyed the field with perfection, which is why he wins. He doesn't make mistakes. The best drivers get the best cars because they are the best drivers. It's the same for every driver who has won championships. The difference with Lewis is he is the most consistent. McLaren was a mess of a team, and if they had listened to Lewis they may have won more, but they did not and that is why he had to leave. McLaren was a poor mismanaged team.

P.S. Look at these guys who give "haha" replies but have nothing to dispute my comments. It's their hallmark and a distinguishing trait of those who seek to diminish what Hamilton has done.
If Lewis didn’t have the fastest car in Turkey then I must have been mistaken, he drove the Mercedes F1 car right? The fastest F1 car ever!
I’m not trying to diminish Lewis’s traits, he is an exception driver but as I’ve said before he would not have won as many championships without that car.
This is how your story sounds:
Lewis came close to winning in his first year, won it in his second (thanks to Timo Glock). Then.... 5 years pass without a championship as apparently Vettel improved his skills so much that he won 4 championships in a row (lucky? Or best car?) and also Button had driving lessons so he won a championship too.
Then Lewis signs for Mercedes who had been developing the hybrid system for a year already, hey presto!
Nope, it was because Lewis remembered how to drive again or had the same lessons that Button received, so he won two championships.
Nico found out where Lewis got his lessons from and beat him in 2016 but Lewis found a better instructor so hasn’t been beaten since.
So now he is the best driver ever!

As i said before.

So why you are so sure? What we see this weekend is a rookie in the champ car of Mr Hamilton.... he can do the job today... and you say no one is close to Hamilton.
In the Merc. No...But then this weekend from FP1 to the race no one was close to Russell's level.. a guy who in a weeks time or whatever will be getting lapped in the Williams..

What does that tell you about F1 as a drivers championship?

Perez this season in the pink Merc proves the point too, as does Kimi's demise in the Alfa, LeClerc and Vettel in the red car.

But no better explanation for it all than the backmarker dominating this weekend...

If Lewis stepped into the Williams he'd no longer be at an unattainable level...he'd be languishing mid field at best...

Why do you think BoP exist in other series?

F1 isn't and never has been a place for a level playing field.
It's like a football match with one team having a huge goal the width of the pitch and the other a basket.....unfair....
And there will be no better example of that when Russell is struggling to get out of Q1 next week in the Williams...

The damage is done to all but the most fervent Lewis fan boys..

Verstappen was free practise 3 on p1 and whole weekend very fast like always. But he have not a merc

My findings so far are that Russel perform as fast as Hamilton, compared to Bottas. Russel should be 0.4s slower at least. It's a strange scenario and not really good for the imago and status from Hamilton and Bottas.
What does "my findings" mean exactly? My findings say that Russell should have at least come in second place but he didn't because he didn't look out for his car. Lewis just doesn't roll over things on track and that is what wins races. We can all have our own "findings" but it doesn't mean a thing without actual proof. You're telling me that some kid is quicker than the all-time pole leader, and all-time race winner. Tell you what, take your "findings" and get bent yo.

No, he's just the best thing since the wheel was invented - wheels... Since it seems that you don't know this i'll tell you that Russel looks up to Lewis, and please don't make me pull the article to prove it. Russel drove great, but Lewis would not have driven over any debris because well.... he just doesn't do things like that as a merc driver.

Only in Hockenheim in the rain.. you forget? Everybody make mistakes every high end sport man.

What does "my findings" mean exactly? My findings say that Russell should have at least come in second place but he didn't because he didn't look out for his car. Lewis just doesn't roll over things on track and that is what wins races. We can all have our own "findings" but it doesn't mean a thing without actual proof. You're telling me that some kid is quicker than the all-time pole leader, and all-time race winner. Tell you what, take your "findings" and get bent yo.

You forget the pitstop... merc have screwed up his race not Russel screwed up his race

Last edited:
This race to me showed just how above Mercedes is, if Russell was Hamilton's teammate , those champoinships won't be coming in as easily , but I already knew that since Rosberg was able to outperform him here and there

Happy for Perez , Russell definitely has the skills , but just can't stop wondering what would someone like LeClerc do in that car

Lewis out russell in?

Much cheaper for amg mercedes.
Now that russell proved that max is right about 90% of the drivers would win in lewis his car..then they dont need lewis with his high paycheck..

This is something not in lewis favour
How russell raced in his car today.

And for bottas well.. pack you bags sir.
Your the weakest link.. good day.

• Deleted member 963434

they screwed Russel for sure, mercedes did it on purpose just to show Hamilton only can win and it not depend on car lol XD He should win for sure but mercedes deliberately took win away from him lol thats just how humans are, jealous haters etc. i dont think it was mistake, it was all on purpose just to make Russel not win

I told ya, Perez is tha man to stay in F1!
Embarrassing for Stroll that Perez was dead last and catch up on him, passed and won the race. That is some driver material, if not the best on the grid.
Russel did a great job, but mostly I thought of what Hamilton thinks when he sees this.
The question will now be, how much role does the car have in a worldchampion? Would Russel have done as good in this car this year?
My guess is: probably.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years