Alright when was that again.....?

My rudeness has been proportional to your cynicism. Nothing more. If there is a next time but you quote me and is just a regular answer, probably I could write the samepolite way.

I can understand you blaming Grosjean, but to say that Formula 1 fans encourage him to be fast because we like to see aggressive drivers who tend to cause these types of accidents or who vote him as a driver of the day because they like to see humans simply leaping out of the fire, out of destroyed car and then comment above that the Spa accident (which was objectively Grosjean's fault) is probably the reason why the halo has been implanted (to put more weeds) is not only ugly, even psychopathic.

Imagine telling something like your second comment to a relative from Grosjean. You wouldn't care at all, I know, but imagine it. What would they think of you? Well, probably something similar that I think of you: what atrocity are you saying? But who do you think you are? If you were punched, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I think there is a difference between telling that your comment is disgusting and answer in consequence, and seeing me as someone who hates you. Too short-sighted, like people who see Austin Ogonoski as a mere troll in this community. My bad impression of your comment and what I saw about you doesn't define you. Or yes? It shouldn't and I don't think so. On the other hand, you don't know me at all; that makes you irrelevant to me, just as I am irrelevant to you. This specific part of your comment is probably showing a projection of yourself. That need of telling in the first place that you are used to making haters (by arguing) and that you make friends successfully...

(?!)

Take care, I guess.

I agree that MSisg (or whatever he is called) words have not been fortunate but I think you have been somewhat inconsiderate. His point about Driver of the Day is correct for me but is true as well that fans use it as they think is better suited.

I voted Romain Grosjean as well... because is a miracle he has survived. Hamilton wins but the victory is for Romain.

BTW, I also had a change of words with MSisg a time ago. I chose to have fun outside in camping and develop in F1C even further after the camping, not reading him and Renato in the process (literally, because I turned down a sim-racing job offer as a developer months ago, and, instead I invested time developing a 2020 mod with CMT in F1 Challenge for a member who lost his house because of an earthquake). The work of the team was rejected here in RD.

In short, continue my life and having modding as the non-profit hobby I always love.

aaa.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

IMHO... For the 'Grosjean did it again' crowd... maybe I am wrong but from the explanation from an official video of F1 youtube channel, it seems it wasn't intentional,. On one the slow motion replay, there was a piece from another car coming right to Grosjean's right front tire.

Oh come on, that's a bit desperate , not even worth further analysis and yes I saw the sky coverage and very little credence was given to the passing observation.

Oh come on, that's a bit desperate , not even worth further analysis and yes I saw the sky coverage and very little credence was given to the passing observation.

What could then explain the very sudden sharp steer... even goofy driver like Grosjean don't desire to kill themselves... bias is a very subjective thing... sure that Grosjean is well known for crashing but it was not always his fault. Do not pass judgment only on the belief that you are biased against the guy. I do not say it wasn't his fault or not, because I do not have any telemetry of this event... and you can't say it either... so until we know more (next week or maybe in the next season of the Netflix show), cut the guy some slack.

Last edited:
good for him (even if I do not particularly like Granpa/Daddy's Grand Son/son of legendary drivers coming to F1 mostly on their famous name)... let see what he can do next week...

Last edited:
I am so pleased Grosjean survived that horrific crash but it appears to me to be down to him? What was he thinking cutting across like that? If he go's to Indycar next year and pull's those sort of stunts on an Oval it is going to be more carnage for him and everyone else involved.

Last edited:
For a second, I thought Haas would call Hulkenberg to the rescue! :D

All kidding aside, why not Fittipaldi? This will be a pointless race for Haas anyway. They're not fighting for a podium or even a place in the constructors' championship. And the Ferrari-powered teams will be massively disadvantaged on that track layout. So let's give a drive to the kid, why not?

He was the last (and probably the biggest) benefactor of the Formula V3.5 loophole in Super Licence points. As the FIA didn't react to that championship losing support and quality after Renault pulled out.

The 2016 season was a sign of what was to come, it went from a championship full of F1 juniors and talents (and Robert Mehri even combined a part-time Formula Renault 3.5 season with his Manor F1 season in 2015!), to a championship with hopefuls that never really had shown signs of greatness. But Tom Dillman and Louis Deletraz did well in 2016. Deletraz and Fittipaldi being teammates, saw Deletraz fight for the title, ending 2nd right behind Dillmann, while Fittipaldi ended 10th, right ahead of Alfonso Celis jr, but behind drivers like Rene Binder and a part-time Matevos Isaakyan(!).

Fittipaldi won it in it's last year though, but with only 8 full-time drivers, 15 throughout the season and never a grid with more than 12 cars, it was a poor season, even Tatiana Calderon scored a podium in her sole weekend that year. But the title gave Fittipaldi 35 SuperLicence points!

Even though Fittipaldi got 35 out of 40 points in 2017. He wasn't able to get his last 5 points until he did the Asian F3 in the 19/20 winter. A championship where he ended 5th, solidly behind Jamie Chadwick, who, while she won the W Series, hasn't ever looked like F1 material either.

Anyway, I like that Haas are actually bringing out a reserve driver, and not do the typical F1 style the last year. Where teams have reserves contracted but ending up using other drivers.
I do however wish they had gone for Louis Deletraz, as he is also contracted to Haas as a test/reserve driver, he has done F2, are used to Pirellis and have arguably done better in jr.formulas than Fittipaldi.

Money :)

I am so pleased Grosjean survived that horrific crash but it appears to me to be down to him? What was he thinking cutting across like that? If he go's to Indycar next year and pull's those sort of stunts on an Oval it is going to be more carnage for him and everyone else involved.

Establishing Grosjean's fault in this matter is akin to escaping your burning house only to be determined to find out who left the coffee pot on.

Contrary to what some F1 fans think, he's not the first and only driver in the world to lose his spatial awareness and bin the car on the first lap.

Frankly, I think some of this criticism lacks class. This was the worst accident I ever saw. We don't need to point out his mistake to make ourselves sound smarter and we sure as hell don't need to predict his failure in other series. His car is non-competitive, he lost his seat, his F1 career is over, he almost died and his kids saw him go up in a fireball. I think he's been through enough.

Establishing Grosjean's fault in this matter is akin to escaping your burning house only to be determined to find out who left the coffee pot on.

Contrary to what some F1 fans think, he's not the first and only driver in the world to lose his spatial awareness and bin the car on the first lap.

Frankly, I think some of this criticism lacks class. This was the worst accident I ever saw. We don't need to point out his mistake to make ourselves sound smarter and we sure as hell don't need to predict his failure in other series. His car is non-competitive, he lost his seat, his F1 career is over, he almost died and his kids saw him go up in a fireball. I think he's been through enough.

Genuine :roflmao: at your reply mate, My criticism lacks class! Lol! He cut across for no apparent reason and was first to the scene of the accident he caused! Yep, I predict that if he doe's carry on doing this sort of stuff in another series especially Indycars on ovals then it will be more carnage, Grosjean appears to have no spatial awareness, Cheers.

Last edited:
Blot... You obviously have a big bias against Grosjean.. but as you said "for no apparent reason" is possibly related to something mechanical. We all know the Hass is a real Jackass of a car, very finicky to handle. You assume it was a humane error when we don't know for sure what happened... I do not know one driver suicidal enough to steer this suddenly and straight to the pack and to a very near wall at 200+ km/h even for Grosjean! Cut him some slack and wait for more information.

Last edited:
Wishing him a quick and good recovery. If he has the same Covid symptoms as I've had recently then a 'normal flue' is heavier and after three days you'll feel better. But the rules say you have to stay in quarantine for 7 days. So Bahrein II comes to quick for Lewis.

Vandoorne's best race was when he replaced Alonso in Bahrain in 2016. First race and beating Button. Now he can replace another great and beat Bottas. That would be some result to those whom it may concern. :roflmao:
Get well soon Lewis, take good recovery and get ready for next season.

Lewis Hamilton will miss the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix this weekend, leaving World Champions Mercedes with a driver headache ahead of the penultimate round of the season.
  • Hamilton tests positive for Covid-19.
  • World Champion to miss at least upcoming Grand Prix.
  • Mercedes yet to announce replacement driver.
Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for Covid-19, and will miss at least the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix as his World Championship winning team race to find a replacement driver alongside Valterri Bottas ahead of Formula One's first visit to the out perimeter circuit in Bahrain.

Hamilton Middle.jpg

Fortunately for both Hamilton and his Mercedes team, the unstoppable combination have already wrapped up both team and drivers championships for 2020, but with Sakhir and the upcoming Abu Dhabi Grand Prix still to run this season, who will the Silver Arrows slot into the seven-time World Champion's seat ready for running to commence on Friday morning?

Mercedes has former McLaren driver and current Formula E regular Stoffel Vandoorne on call as reserve, however the Belgian hasn't spent much time in Formula One machinery of late, leaving the tantalizing prospect of potentially calling up Grand Prix racing super-sub Nico Hulkenberg, or promoting Mercedes contracted junior driver, and current Williams racer, George Russell into Hamilton's vacated seat - potential giving the British driver his first points scoring opportunity, in a car capable of taking the race win!

Put yourself in the shoes of Mercedes, who would you pick to replace Hamilton?

For Formula One news and chat, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and get chatting with your fellow fans today!

Hamilton Footer.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years