Alright when was that again.....?

The guy could have lost his life today, have some respect. If not, for yourself at least, have some integrity and decency.
Yeah I know your point but it was his own fault, like if I jumped off the roof. Please notice also that the race had only been driven 500 meters when he cut straight in front of another driver when the speed was already 250 km/h, not so smart move from Romain. When he leaves this circus we no longer see his silly movements, it wasn't the first time for him but hope so the last.

I think that the medical team on track deserve a mention too, being so quick onto the scene, and Dr. Ian Roberts for being immediately at the guard rail to help Romain over the barrier and provide care. The design of the cars and the procedures in place are needs, but we're also very fortunate that we can rely on the bravery of the people looking out for the drivers.

Most impressive performance today for me was that of Carlos Sainz. He did a very impressive job climbing from 15th to 5th, and even managed to catch Norris towards the end of the second stint. Had he been more fortuitous with strategy I suspect he'd have had the pace to beat him too.

I do hope that Grosjean is able to make a return this year, and have no doubt he'll be fighting hard to get back into a race car as soon as possible.

Last edited:
After today's crash, I don't want to see ANYONE complain about the halo or the motorsport becoming "too safe" ever again. Only 3 years ago, he would've been dead.

No doubt. This right here would have been game over, not even a question. Have a look at the cockpit helmet surround.

:(
4xgg.jpg

Last edited:
Imagine Daniil Kvyat would have went to have same accident instead of Grosjean as he cut him in worst racecraft fashion. Grosjean is so lucky today, not only that he escaped the fire, was not decapitated, not even a fracture, but also that he himself was there, and not Kvyat.

Things has kind of evened out for Grosjean. If after this accident he will still be unable to race properly, then he should quit.

Grosjean is surely star of the day, it is just thrilling and amazing how lucky he was and it is so outstanding that such accident even happened in modern F1. But he is worst driver of the day, no doubt about that.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

I hope his family sit him down for an honest chat.
He has ridden his luck and clearly lacks a basic degree of situational awareness. Some of his decision making leading to accidents is mind-boggling , deciding it was a good idea to try to cross the track whilst the remaining cars are passing when trying to recover a spin for instance!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%