Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

2020 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Oh well..... just another fellow classic cars guy, who seems to become yet another hater of me. Just another day... I am making friends successfully.

Oh yeah you are right about the piece of debris, but I don't think it had that much of influence. To me the situation looks more like attempt to overtake or get into better position. Because there were other ways to avoid contact, like actually braking and not turning into someone by the side. It wasn't best decision to keep on accelerating and trying to squeeze through. Also the whole manoeuvre took more than a fraction of a second.

Senna crash is totally irrelevant argument. There is nothing in common with this subject. Also Petersons accident is also different subject, I have not said anything about those, and you just using your fantasy creating an unfair imaginable argument.

Listen. I don't care what the most people do. It does not affect me. It is obvious that the crash was very dramatic, and a miracle happened that it did not become a tragedy. The point is that driver of the day should be about performance, good sportsmanship. Everybody with clear mind would rate Grosjean negatively in that aspect. Yet the sympathy for him surviving is driving votes, but that has nothing to do with sport, it is a plot thing. But that is not surprising because I wonder how much this sport is actually driven by the plot and how much by actual sport reasons. F1 has become mini reality TV project.

You are being very rude telling me that I have an empty head, and that I don't matter anymore, call me b*******.... At this point it does in fact apply to you, you are being very irrational, and I partially regret for replying to you as it is obviously going nowhere at this point. Our perceptions are clearly very different, and so are our intelligence levels.

You are probably right about this.

Braking would probably be dangerous as well,

What you have written in the second paragraph... some parts... that's it for me as well. To avoid contact into getting a better position.

Senna and Peterson arguments are not irrelevant. You told Grosjean crash was caused of his driving style. By that logic, Senna could it be for you and Peterson probably are. Peterson and Grosjean's crash are very similar, with the sad difference Peterson died.

The objective fact is that driver of the day is (which is different than a should be) used for point a driver because of something remarkable (most of the time). The biggest win that Formula One had today is having Grosjean surviving. I can agree with what you say about what Driver of the Day should be for, but fans have their own criteria. As I pointed before, there is nothing written. The difference between what should be and what is it.

My rudeness has been proportional to your cynicism. Nothing more. If there is a next time but you quote me and is just a regular answer, probably I could write the samepolite way.

I can understand you blaming Grosjean, but to say that Formula 1 fans encourage him to be fast because we like to see aggressive drivers who tend to cause these types of accidents or who vote him as a driver of the day because they like to see humans simply leaping out of the fire, out of destroyed car and then comment above that the Spa accident (which was objectively Grosjean's fault) is probably the reason why the halo has been implanted (to put more weeds) is not only ugly, even psychopathic.

Imagine telling something like your second comment to a relative from Grosjean. You wouldn't care at all, I know, but imagine it. What would they think of you? Well, probably something similar that I think of you: what atrocity are you saying? But who do you think you are? If you were punched, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Or maybe in the future Grosjean talks about the crash and tells that it was his fault. In that case, great for you, and I am will be honestly sorry for my rudeness. At the moment, I see it as a racing incident where I cannot pinpoint culprits.

Oh well..... just another fellow classic cars guy, who seems to become yet another hater of me. Just another day... I am making friends successfully.

I think there is a difference between telling that your comment is disgusting and answer in consequence, and seeing me as someone who hates you. Too short-sighted, like people who see Austin Ogonoski as a mere troll in this community. My bad impression of your comment and what I saw about you doesn't define you. Or yes? It shouldn't and I don't think so. On the other hand, you don't know me at all; that makes you irrelevant to me, just as I am irrelevant to you. This specific part of your comment is probably showing a projection of yourself. That need of telling in the first place that you are used to making haters (by arguing) and that you make friends successfully...

(?!)

Take care, I guess.

Last edited:
BertramRaven
I am ok with that too... The medical team and marshals were amazing... but do not forget it was the first lap with the safety car behind them... few laps later maybe it would have been a very different story.

Last edited:
How cynical are some people?

Of COURSE Grosjean is the sentimental DOD pick. And sometimes that is absolutely okay. Having an overwhelming number of people voting for him Sunday was a show of love and appreciation from the racing fan community.

I doubt highly there would be amateur scrutineering if it were another driver. Before this, Grosjean was a meme for a lot of people - the goofy-looking guy who wrecks, takes crazy risks and whinges on the radio. Hell, I'm not a fan of his personality as a driver. But there's another side he shows on Instagram. He's funny, unpretentious, a family man. He also was pure butter at times for Lotus. There are a lot of more popular drivers with fewer podiums.

He just may be cleared to race for the finale. And guess what? If he has the unbelievable balls to climb into his car and finish his career on his terms, I'd vote for him again.

IMHO... For the 'Grosjean did it again' crowd... maybe I am wrong but from the explanation from an official video of F1 youtube channel, it seems it wasn't intentional,. On one the slow motion replay, there was a piece from another car coming right to Grosjean's right front tire just before the sharp steer to the right....

Last edited:
My rudeness has been proportional to your cynicism. Nothing more. If there is a next time but you quote me and is just a regular answer, probably I could write the samepolite way.

I can understand you blaming Grosjean, but to say that Formula 1 fans encourage him to be fast because we like to see aggressive drivers who tend to cause these types of accidents or who vote him as a driver of the day because they like to see humans simply leaping out of the fire, out of destroyed car and then comment above that the Spa accident (which was objectively Grosjean's fault) is probably the reason why the halo has been implanted (to put more weeds) is not only ugly, even psychopathic.

Imagine telling something like your second comment to a relative from Grosjean. You wouldn't care at all, I know, but imagine it. What would they think of you? Well, probably something similar that I think of you: what atrocity are you saying? But who do you think you are? If you were punched, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I think there is a difference between telling that your comment is disgusting and answer in consequence, and seeing me as someone who hates you. Too short-sighted, like people who see Austin Ogonoski as a mere troll in this community. My bad impression of your comment and what I saw about you doesn't define you. Or yes? It shouldn't and I don't think so. On the other hand, you don't know me at all; that makes you irrelevant to me, just as I am irrelevant to you. This specific part of your comment is probably showing a projection of yourself. That need of telling in the first place that you are used to making haters (by arguing) and that you make friends successfully...

(?!)

Take care, I guess.

I agree that MSisg (or whatever he is called) words have not been fortunate but I think you have been somewhat inconsiderate. His point about Driver of the Day is correct for me but is true as well that fans use it as they think is better suited.

I voted Romain Grosjean as well... because is a miracle he has survived. Hamilton wins but the victory is for Romain.

BTW, I also had a change of words with MSisg a time ago. I chose to have fun outside in camping and develop in F1C even further after the camping, not reading him and Renato in the process (literally, because I turned down a sim-racing job offer as a developer months ago, and, instead I invested time developing a 2020 mod with CMT in F1 Challenge for a member who lost his house because of an earthquake). The work of the team was rejected here in RD.

In short, continue my life and having modding as the non-profit hobby I always love.

aaa.png

Last edited:
IMHO... For the 'Grosjean did it again' crowd... maybe I am wrong but from the explanation from an official video of F1 youtube channel, it seems it wasn't intentional,. On one the slow motion replay, there was a piece from another car coming right to Grosjean's right front tire.

Oh come on, that's a bit desperate , not even worth further analysis and yes I saw the sky coverage and very little credence was given to the passing observation.

Oh come on, that's a bit desperate , not even worth further analysis and yes I saw the sky coverage and very little credence was given to the passing observation.

What could then explain the very sudden sharp steer... even goofy driver like Grosjean don't desire to kill themselves... bias is a very subjective thing... sure that Grosjean is well known for crashing but it was not always his fault. Do not pass judgment only on the belief that you are biased against the guy. I do not say it wasn't his fault or not, because I do not have any telemetry of this event... and you can't say it either... so until we know more (next week or maybe in the next season of the Netflix show), cut the guy some slack.

Last edited:

blot

Premium
I am so pleased Grosjean survived that horrific crash but it appears to me to be down to him? What was he thinking cutting across like that? If he go's to Indycar next year and pull's those sort of stunts on an Oval it is going to be more carnage for him and everyone else involved.

Last edited:
I am so pleased Grosjean survived that horrific crash but it appears to me to be down to him? What was he thinking cutting across like that? If he go's to Indycar next year and pull's those sort of stunts on an Oval it is going to be more carnage for him and everyone else involved.

Establishing Grosjean's fault in this matter is akin to escaping your burning house only to be determined to find out who left the coffee pot on.

Contrary to what some F1 fans think, he's not the first and only driver in the world to lose his spatial awareness and bin the car on the first lap.

Frankly, I think some of this criticism lacks class. This was the worst accident I ever saw. We don't need to point out his mistake to make ourselves sound smarter and we sure as hell don't need to predict his failure in other series. His car is non-competitive, he lost his seat, his F1 career is over, he almost died and his kids saw him go up in a fireball. I think he's been through enough.

blot

Premium
Establishing Grosjean's fault in this matter is akin to escaping your burning house only to be determined to find out who left the coffee pot on.

Contrary to what some F1 fans think, he's not the first and only driver in the world to lose his spatial awareness and bin the car on the first lap.

Frankly, I think some of this criticism lacks class. This was the worst accident I ever saw. We don't need to point out his mistake to make ourselves sound smarter and we sure as hell don't need to predict his failure in other series. His car is non-competitive, he lost his seat, his F1 career is over, he almost died and his kids saw him go up in a fireball. I think he's been through enough.

Genuine :roflmao: at your reply mate, My criticism lacks class! Lol! He cut across for no apparent reason and was first to the scene of the accident he caused! Yep, I predict that if he doe's carry on doing this sort of stuff in another series especially Indycars on ovals then it will be more carnage, Grosjean appears to have no spatial awareness, Cheers.

Last edited:
Genuine :roflmao: at your reply mate, My criticism lacks class! He cut across for no apparent reason and was first to the scene of the accident he caused! Yep, I predict that if he doe's this sort of stuff in another series especially Indycars on ovals then it will be more carnage, Grosjean appears to have no spatial awareness, Cheers.
Sort of proved my point there.

Blot... You obviously have a big bias against Grosjean.. but as you said "for no apparent reason" is possibly related to something mechanical. We all know the Hass is a real Jackass of a car, very finicky to handle. You assume it was a humane error when we don't know for sure what happened... I do not know one driver suicidal enough to steer this suddenly and straight to the pack and to a very near wall at 200+ km/h even for Grosjean! Cut him some slack and wait for more information.

Last edited:
Blot... You obviously have a big bias against Grosjean.. but as you said "for no apparent reason" is possibly related to something mechanical. We all know the Hass is a real Jackass of a car, very finicky to handle. You assume it was a humane error when we don't know for sure what happened... I do not know one driver suicidal enough to steer this suddenly and straight to the pack and to a very near wall at 200+ km/h even for Grosjean! Cut him some slack and wait for more information.

With respect this " you have a bias against Grosjean" is a bit of a theme with you isn't it.
Maybe people have been neutral or even supportive on him and over time have judged him on his record/standard of driving.
Many F! drivers also say he is dangerous and he has recent warnings about his unique interpretation of defending so no it's not bias it's observation based.

Last edited:

blot

Premium
With respect this " you have a bias against Grosjean" is a bit of a theme with you isn't it.
Maybe people have been neutral or even supportive on him and over time have judged him on his record/standard of driving.
Many F! drivers also say he is dangerous and he has recent warnings about his unique interpretation of defending so no it's not bias it's observation based.

Well said Winston, Look at Grosjean's past driving, Load['s of incident's including nearly decapitating Alonso! Also he was given a one race ban for his erratic driving when at Lotus.

Last edited:
I watched Jolion Palmer's explanation on F1.. and yes it seems Grosjean did indeed take a very bold decision when he saw the open track on the right without to see Kviat (possibly in his blind spot). Maybe a solution for future security purpose would be to upgrade the field of view of these side mirrors.