Alright when was that again.....?

1991 FA12 ...... forgettable
JhtYg8uhRTOF1NVBLimw-A

ir171q6hypqz.jpg

50d1ce1fbf68a7d493d415f2406bd907.jpg

Imagine how many WC's Dan would have in a great car?

Woah!
If you are talking about Dan Gurney--the number of WDCs would have been MORE than seven in cars that steamrolled the competition.

I am a Daniel Ricciardo fan and love his doggedness and late braking ability, but I would not predict dominance at a Schumacher or HAM level for him even in their respective eras and teams.

While I felt Daniel was a natural for Ferrari given his Italian heritage, I am thankful to see the Aussie in papaya given Maranello's struggle with power and chassis predictability coupled with all too common race strategy blunders.

When did he apologies? :confused:
If that is true, I see it as much bigger issue, since that “apology” is related to stating his own opinion. I thought everyone have the right to own opinion.
Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion. They just don't have the right for everyone to like their opinion and shut up. When you make a public statement you will come under public scrutiny, that's always been true, snowflakes or no snowflakes. The only difference now is that those opinions and counter opinions get shoved in everyone's faces now, well, I say shoved, but the fact is you have to go looking for them by going on social media.

I would love to see more of this from F1 drivers. More pot shots, slagging and general banter. It creates a bit of drama off track, it's the shareholders that only care about profits that don't like drama.

It depends. Porsche Cup is often fun, as is F3. But something that's close with large variety like GT3 or GTE is what I live for. Having differing sounds and shapes and behaviours that all come within a tenth per lap is astonishing.

This is the world we live in. No matter what your opinion is or how you state it, someone, somewhere, will get all offended and take you to task for it. Happens every single day on these very forums, on every other forum out there, and all over social media. It's only highlighted in this case because the person is famous.

Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion.
Athletes who are highly paid by teams and sponsors do not. They should of course, but they don't. That's why most F1 drivers sounds like corporate robots when interviewed, with no personality and never saying anything remotely interesting or controversial. They all tow the line because they're paid to tow the line, and if they don't they risk losing their highly paid job.

Give me the old days when F1 driver had the balls to speak their minds, jobs be damned.

Welcome to the discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix.

Almost 20 months after its last visit, Formula One has returned to Sakhir for the first weekend of the double-header at the Bahrain International Circuit.

It's been a while since F1 enjoyed its last night race, and no doubt drivers and fans alike will look forward to seeing the cars out on track and under the floodlights at the start of FP2 on Friday evening. It's a balanced circuit in that it features long straights as well as a mixture of low, medium and high speed corners.

Rather unexpectedly - given that we're going racing in the desert - there is a strong possibility of rain on both Saturday and Sunday. The unusual November date for the Bahrain Grand Prix means that temperatures are expected to be slightly cooler than usual too, which should be an interesting challenge for the teams.

The nature of the circuit layout encourages wheel-to-wheel racing, giving drivers the opportunity to create memorable battles like the one between Hamilton and Rosberg in 2014. As the midfield continues to converge in performance, and we get ever closer to the end of the season, expect to see some good fights this weekend.

Let us know what you're looking forward to about this weekend, and let's get some discussion going!

Sakhir Sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Nico is a good driver (notice I didn't say racer).
Given a good car, he can maintain places gained by being smooth and quick.
In wheel to wheel fighting, he is not as aggressive and tends to lose out.
He did have a tendency of being at the right team at the wrong time.
They'd be great the year before he joined or the year after he left and it'd happen through no fault of his own. Just plain unlucky.
He is a bit like Giancarlo Fisichella and Jarno Trulli were in that regard.

He is over-rated for me simply because F1 is supposed to be entertaining. Basically if you aren't madly over-taking people, then you better have a personality. Alesi and Barrichello weren't the best of drivers but universally respected.

it's quite simple, like in every other industry, if you don't want to hire driver for more then $10mil, then don't , but don't expect that every driver will want to drive for you

if the driver is worth $30 mil, I don't see why he shouldn't be payed that, ( and I'm talking in general sense here) , it's same in every industry,
if you can find someone who does same or better job and is cheaper, you do hire them most of the time

Paying the drivers those salaries is a drop in the bucket for what most teams make, both financially and from global exposure, not to mention boosting the big money machine that is F1. Pay them what they're worth. Some people get paid tons more for just sitting in a chair and/or and having a famous name. What they decide to do with that money afterwards is their own business.

On the note of Hamilton's salary, I can't fault him for commanding a massive salary. I think it's like Jay-Z said: "Would you rather be overpaid or underrated?"

Back to the topic of Bahrain, I don't see this being any different from the majority of races this year. Bottas ahead of Hamilton in practice, Bottas or Hamilton on pole ahead of Verstappen, then Hamilton drives a consistent race and gets win number 95. I hope for a repeat of the type of action we saw at Mugello or Portimao, but it's not likely...

it's quite simple, like in every other industry, if you don't want to hire driver for more then $10mil, then don't , but don't expect that every driver will want to drive for you

if the driver is worth $30 mil, I don't see why he shouldn't be payed that, ( and I'm talking in general sense here) , it's same in every industry,
if you can find someone who does same or better job and is cheaper, you do hire them most of the time

Could not agree more. I've never been bothered by the salaries given to star athletes, whatever the sport. If a team is willing to pay a driver 50 million a year, it's because they've decided that this driver is worth it and that they have the means to pay him. No one is putting a gun to the team principal's head.

I seldom see people making a fuss about the outrageous fees some very ordinary but (for some reason) popular actors receive to make movies (*cough Tom Cruise *cough*). Why should it be different for athletes?

As for the race this weekend: let's hope for rain in Bahrein (sorry, could not resist.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%