Alright when was that again.....?

I would! Austria 2019 was not okay, you gotta leave a car width! Glad stewards somewhat corrected the precedent today.
different situations though, overtake on the inside while alongside the other car granted verstappen the racing line and forced leclerc to go wide or yield and attempt a cut-back, Charles chose the first option and like Rosberg in 2016 he ended up worse. Albon was already halfway passed hamilton on the outside which gives the racing line to albon, any sort of contact and the penalty will always go to Hamilton, which rightfully happened.

I feel so bad for Albon
I do feel bad for him but in my mind, it was a racing incident.
If you watch the onboard of Hamilton's car, his steering wheel input never went from the hard right
position.
Albon was clearly quicker and could have done that attempt after the corner.
It was a bit ambitious there.
Even the slightest understeer was going to end in tears at that corner.

Yeah kind of defeats the object tbh. Also you would hope that the test results are accurate as the tests are done by a doctor.
All the tests everywhere are done by medical professionals, doesn't mean there can't be issues with inherent inaccuracies in the test - Covid-19 hasn't been around for a long time and getting out tests to a lot of people quickly has been a bigger priority then a 99.95% accuracy rate.
And importantly, even doctors make mistakes sometimes.

In the end it's just an additional layer of security that helps with people's sneezes getting on to everyone else. It's hardly an inconvenience for them.

All the tests everywhere are done by medical professionals, doesn't mean there can't be issues with inherent inaccuracies in the test - Covid-19 hasn't been around for a long time and getting out tests to a lot of people quickly has been a bigger priority then a 99.95% accuracy rate.
And importantly, even doctors make mistakes sometimes.

In the end it's just an additional layer of security that helps with people's sneezes getting on to everyone else. It's hardly an inconvenience for them.

No they arent carried out by medical professionals everywhere lmao. Go to a test centre in the UK and they dont do it for you. They give you the kit you drive into the car park, phone them then they instruct you on how to do it. From watching the video of Perez having his done there is NO WAY that anyone will push the swab that far up their nose.

Honestly I didn't watch the race - I'm not interested this year as it's not a valid season IMO, and I won't recognise whoever is unfortunate enough to be deemed the champion of what I consider to be an invalid championship. Really I think this season should have been binned to enable teams to have the time and space to adapt to the incoming new rules, now delayed until 2022.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they are racing again, but it really is only an elongated shakedown for the 2021 season.

I'm still maintaining my F1 TV subscription as obviously this year has been financially pretty shitty for all involved so every little bit of money counts, and needless to say I'm looking forward to the return of a real season next year.

Also not entirely sure why everyone is wearing masks or why they're mandatory around the paddock and track if everyone has been tested and tested negative :O_o:

I believe tests only detect the virus around 70% of the time.

Brilliant race today, what a way to start a season. It looks like Mercedes have it in the bag with ease, but everyone behind seem so close. I think I will just pretend Mercedes don't exist!

I thought Schumacher left Merc, guess Albon disagrees. :roflmao:
I was lucky that Netflix series from last year switched my wife to watching F1. So she put F1TV on while I tried to ignore it as planned. Went good, then heard some noise and managed to catch 3-4th replay of nice Albon’s pass (almost).:(
Stayed until the end to see fantastic lap by Lando, was hoping but didn’t expect it. So now I have another driver on support list. To bad for Max, with luck from safety cars he would be in the mix. But if he was there at least one Merc would also change tyres during sc for sure. Not a bad start to broken season of broken series. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back