Alright when was that again.....?

I hope Albon keeps his seat. He's a nice guy, who is a talented driver but is just overawed at having Max as a team mate. Gasly did no better when he got the top drive and yet no-one questions his talent. The thing I hate about F1 is situations like Perez gets sacked when he is comfortably the better driver in the team because Stroll is daddy's boy, and daddy wants to bring in a big name driver. To be honest, Vettel has done nothing in the last couple of seasons to justify replacing Perez, so I would be very disappointed if Albon loses his place in F1 because of shenanigans at Racing Point.
But with Ricciardo as teammate they where be much closer together, sometimes too close.
Trying to pass while another is on your heels is a whole different game than when you know the next car behind you is half a minute away.

Albon is just 3 tenths to half a second to slow per lap.
Leading the midpack is not where they want the car to drive.

Last edited:
Today was proof, if any more were needed, that Abu Dhabi is a crap track. If Liberty had any sense, they would end the season at a track with good racing rather than somewhere that pays mega bucks.

All people will remember going into next season is how dull F1 is.

Give me a decent WEC or ELMS race any day

I hope Albon keeps his seat. He's a nice guy, who is a talented driver but is just overawed at having Max as a team mate. Gasly did no better when he got the top drive and yet no-one questions his talent. The thing I hate about F1 is situations like Perez gets sacked when he is comfortably the better driver in the team because Stroll is daddy's boy, and daddy wants to bring in a big name driver. To be honest, Vettel has done nothing in the last couple of seasons to justify replacing Perez, so I would be very disappointed if Albon loses his place in F1 because of shenanigans at Racing Point.

Don't get Lance angry. He'll turn green and smash up your xbox

Max was driver of the day on Saturday, but basically did as expected for Abu Dhabi poll-winning F1 cars.
I voted for Ricciardo because best long first stint and fastest lap, but Pierre also did well on the day.
For grins, here are calculated 2020 second driver points ratios:
Latifi 0, Vettel .25, Kvyat .30, Kevin .33, Albon .33, Ocon .34, Stroll .375, Bottas .39, Lando .44, Antonio .5

Max was driver of the day on Saturday, but basically did as expected for Abu Dhabi poll-winning F1 cars.
I voted for Ricciardo because best long first stint and fastest lap, but Pierre also did well on the day.
For grins, here are calculated 2020 second driver points ratios:
Latifi 0, Vettel .25, Kvyat .30, Kevin .33, Albon .33, Ocon .34, Stroll .375, Bottas .39, Lando .44, Antonio .5
It can also be said that Latifi score 100% of points of his teammate. ;) Since Russell scored points while he wasn't his teammate. :D

This is just abusing division with 0, of course.

Last edited:
I described Max as "having a Lewis race." He looked just like how Hamilton tends to win - get a good start and cruise. He managed his tires perfectly. He even took time to joke about them turning down the engine if they wanted.

Considering this is a forum for people who like to pretend to be racecar drivers, I think that we should all be able to appreciate what Max did yesterday and what Lewis usually does. Putting in 55 consistent, nearly flawless laps is hardly trivial.

Considering this is a forum for people who like to pretend to be racecar drivers, I think that we should all be able to appreciate what Max did yesterday and what Lewis usually does. Putting in 55 consistent, nearly flawless laps is hardly trivial.
I am not downplaying it, but they do train to do exactly that. Any of top drivers, when in first can and should be able to do that (as shown by Russell also last week, by Hamilton in Merc era as you said, by Vettel in RB times, etc). And that is the moment when all hard work done by driver, his engineer, pit crew and from people in factories gets rewarded. That "perfect race", which is greatest win for that one person and the team, but it's also usually just a boring race for us spectators. :roflmao:

I voted for Max, because of whole weekend, and state of mind of hunting impossible whole year and using the moment when somehow he got to be hunted one. Not making a mistake in that situation is worth enough for me.

What does this really mean? Is F1 or the drivers actually doing something to back this statement or idea? Every time I hear this or see the F1 rainbow icon I can't help think F1 is full of #$@%.
I'm pretty sure it's virtue-signaling. They want to seem like they care, but they don't care enough not to schedule races in places like Saudi Arabia or China.

Personally, that doesn't bother me. Every country has its own issues. But if they are going to make a big deal about #WeRaceAsOne and put rainbows on everything, it seems odd to have a race in Saudi Arabia.

I'm pretty sure it's virtue-signaling. They want to seem like they care, but they don't care enough not to schedule races in places like Saudi Arabia or China.

Personally, that doesn't bother me. Every country has its own issues. But if they are going to make a big deal about #WeRaceAsOne and put rainbows on everything, it seems odd to have a race in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has Oil whitch is used in combustion engines and machines. It will also make rubber and foam that has many uses. And gold the most precious metal in the world. Human rights viloations are all over the world The Arabs have more because of the way the government runs the place. They are worse than western governments. Try to live on products localy made in your nation and see what you live without. Even something that says made in say USA will have foren parts or components.

Saudi Arabia has Oil whitch is used in combustion engines and machines. It will also make rubber and foam that has many uses. And gold the most precious metal in the world. Human rights viloations are all over the world The Arabs have more because of the way the government runs the place. They are worse than western governments. Try to live on products localy made in your nation and see what you live without. Even something that says made in say USA will have foren parts or components.
Yes, I completely understand all of this. And this is why #WeRaceAsOne is basically meaningless beyond a little symbolism. But #WeRaceAsOne makes a better hashtag than #WeRaceAsOneExceptWhenCountriesThatCriminializeLGBTQPeoplePayUsALot, which would be a lot more honest.

Bottas is Stefan Johanson
Leclerc is Mansell
Ocon is Patrese
Grosjean is de Cesaris
Vettel is Berger
Alonso is Hunt

Missing Professor Prost and Chief Engineer Lauda.

I didn't really mean that .. Ronnie was the man from the 70s. As a teammate at March, Niki had nothing to say when it came to talent and speed. Niki became Wdc three times, and Ronnie zero with dubbel talent and speed.. what I want to say is that you need luck. Hope that Redbull can develop the car into something very good but merc will not sit still either

Last edited:
Your premise is that anyone could win in that car doesn't take into account you have to be lucky also. It ain't just the car. Stop saying that or they will send the bad boyz after you.
I never said it was "just the car" or that anyone could win in it. I said anyone in the field should be able to get in that car and at least be fighting for a top 5 (though I guess that was in a different post). Clearly the reason he lost was mostly, or entirely down to luck - even with the team's pit gaffe with the wrong tires he still had a shot until the puncture. But, you take a guy who is driving his tail off every week trying to stay within sight of 15th and yet to score a point in nearly two full seasons, install him in the works Mercedes directly into a race weekend on short notice, and he qualifies 0.02 off pole and dominates the race until his misfortunes - you can't say the car isn't a big part of it. It's not like Russell hasn't been pushing the Williams as hard as he can, he's not suddenly going to be a different driver in one weekend.

The car matters, it always has, it's the way F1 is. But of course it's not the only piece of the puzzle.

Just a little reminder

Terms of Service

Quote:

General rules
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
Quote end

Please ALL OF YOU stay healthy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%