2020 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

I voted Max, like many i am tired of Hamillton and Botas in the AMG-Mercedes. So Max is a breath of fresh air. He is worth more as a driver but he gets penalties a lot and the stupid rules make it bad to drive like that. No body cared about that stuff in the old days, and i dont think it is dangerus. Blocking and exiding track limits means the car is on the edge, whitch is fast. Cuting across track to make a shortcut is wrong. You are viloating the lengh of the track. But drifting wide with the car in the general direction of the track thats just laying the power down.

Mr Latte

Premium
Albon - Bon Voyage?

Perez deserves that seat and you cant scrore about or less than half the points of your team-mate and think you had an okay season. If RedBull would of had some better reliability but also Perez in the car this year then I think they might have beaten Mercedes a few more times.

Max is too good to have just an okay team-mate, so I really hope this gets announced before the end of the year.
It was great to see some track changes but also just thankful we had a season this year.

Last edited:

Slapped

Premium
I voted Max, of course, but this was probably the most boring race of the season, and I say that purely because this season, due to this respiratory bug going around, has been one of the most exciting in terms of "new" venues which have provided some of the most intense racing seen in F1 for a long time.

I hope that the FIA and F1 management take notice and going forward include some of these awesome and "race ready" tracks, rather than sticking with the usual fodder and Tilke derivatives.

I hope Albon keeps his seat. He's a nice guy, who is a talented driver but is just overawed at having Max as a team mate. Gasly did no better when he got the top drive and yet no-one questions his talent. The thing I hate about F1 is situations like Perez gets sacked when he is comfortably the better driver in the team because Stroll is daddy's boy, and daddy wants to bring in a big name driver. To be honest, Vettel has done nothing in the last couple of seasons to justify replacing Perez, so I would be very disappointed if Albon loses his place in F1 because of shenanigans at Racing Point.

IceColdBeard_24

Premium
Boring race as always...nothing happened....this race track is dull...should be removed from the calendar. Good to see Mclaren finishing top 3 ! Onward to 2021 and much much excitement I hope :)

I hope Albon keeps his seat. He's a nice guy, who is a talented driver but is just overawed at having Max as a team mate. Gasly did no better when he got the top drive and yet no-one questions his talent. The thing I hate about F1 is situations like Perez gets sacked when he is comfortably the better driver in the team because Stroll is daddy's boy, and daddy wants to bring in a big name driver. To be honest, Vettel has done nothing in the last couple of seasons to justify replacing Perez, so I would be very disappointed if Albon loses his place in F1 because of shenanigans at Racing Point.

I agree with all your points! But Redbull now really needs a strong teammate for Max. Perez seems like the best man for that.

Pietro Fittipaldi got more votes than 10 other drivers. Speaks volumes about this poll :rolleyes::D

So I voted for Albon. Not that I think he should keep his seat for next year vs. Checo but he lived up to what Red Bull wanted from him all season and that was to keep Mercedes in check and spoil their plans to go to a more aggressive strategy.

But with Ricciardo as teammate they where be much closer together, sometimes too close.
Trying to pass while another is on your heels is a whole different game than when you know the next car behind you is half a minute away.

Albon is just 3 tenths to half a second to slow per lap.
Leading the midpack is not where they want the car to drive.

Last edited:

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom
Today was proof, if any more were needed, that Abu Dhabi is a crap track. If Liberty had any sense, they would end the season at a track with good racing rather than somewhere that pays mega bucks.

All people will remember going into next season is how dull F1 is.

Give me a decent WEC or ELMS race any day

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom

Don't get Lance angry. He'll turn green and smash up your xbox

blekenbleu

Premium
Max was driver of the day on Saturday, but basically did as expected for Abu Dhabi poll-winning F1 cars.
I voted for Ricciardo because best long first stint and fastest lap, but Pierre also did well on the day.
For grins, here are calculated 2020 second driver points ratios:
Latifi 0, Vettel .25, Kvyat .30, Kevin .33, Albon .33, Ocon .34, Stroll .375, Bottas .39, Lando .44, Antonio .5

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Max was driver of the day on Saturday, but basically did as expected for Abu Dhabi poll-winning F1 cars.
I voted for Ricciardo because best long first stint and fastest lap, but Pierre also did well on the day.
For grins, here are calculated 2020 second driver points ratios:
Latifi 0, Vettel .25, Kvyat .30, Kevin .33, Albon .33, Ocon .34, Stroll .375, Bottas .39, Lando .44, Antonio .5
It can also be said that Latifi score 100% of points of his teammate. ;) Since Russell scored points while he wasn't his teammate. :D

This is just abusing division with 0, of course.

Last edited:

Jason Chamberlain

Mobile Chicane
Premium
I described Max as "having a Lewis race." He looked just like how Hamilton tends to win - get a good start and cruise. He managed his tires perfectly. He even took time to joke about them turning down the engine if they wanted.

Considering this is a forum for people who like to pretend to be racecar drivers, I think that we should all be able to appreciate what Max did yesterday and what Lewis usually does. Putting in 55 consistent, nearly flawless laps is hardly trivial.

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Considering this is a forum for people who like to pretend to be racecar drivers, I think that we should all be able to appreciate what Max did yesterday and what Lewis usually does. Putting in 55 consistent, nearly flawless laps is hardly trivial.
I am not downplaying it, but they do train to do exactly that. Any of top drivers, when in first can and should be able to do that (as shown by Russell also last week, by Hamilton in Merc era as you said, by Vettel in RB times, etc). And that is the moment when all hard work done by driver, his engineer, pit crew and from people in factories gets rewarded. That "perfect race", which is greatest win for that one person and the team, but it's also usually just a boring race for us spectators. :roflmao:

I voted for Max, because of whole weekend, and state of mind of hunting impossible whole year and using the moment when somehow he got to be hunted one. Not making a mistake in that situation is worth enough for me.

Bottas is Stefan Johanson
Leclerc is Mansell
Ocon is Patrese
Grosjean is de Cesaris
Vettel is Berger
Alonso is Hunt

Missing Professor Prost and Chief Engineer Lauda.

I didn't really mean that .. Ronnie was the man from the 70s. As a teammate at March, Niki had nothing to say when it came to talent and speed. Niki became Wdc three times, and Ronnie zero with dubbel talent and speed.. what I want to say is that you need luck. Hope that Redbull can develop the car into something very good but merc will not sit still either

Last edited: