Alright when was that again.....?

This is official... 2021 will be a very interesting year! Sorry I just do not have any regret for Albon... he did replace Gasly without any ethic, only opportunities...

I think 2021 will be explosive... in the good way... old and new talents, 2 great drivers in RedBull's cars and old talents in other midfield competitive cars (Alonso and vettel)... With the hope few more teams (Ferrari, Renault Alpine, and new old Aston Martin exRacing point) would be able to catch up with Merc and fight for the win...

Perez deserved this seat much more than Hulk or Albon... it will be good to see Max under pressure at last!

Last edited:
Williams successes were less about Frank and more about Patrick Head and Adrian Newey. If Franks management style and endless broken promises didn't drive Newey away, maybe they'd still be winning races. He treated his drivers like crap as well. Williams was mis managed from well before the time his daughter took over.

He was certainly the driving force that got Williams going (although Patrick Head was the genius behind the operation), but his management style never adapted to cover the fact Patrick took a few steps backward and he could no longer fully rely on his genius to pull the team through. Luckily, he hired another genius in Newey but unfortunately treated him with the same contempt he treated everyone else with and hence here we have the net result.

I think we all wish Sir Frank a quick recovery.

Capito is a top notch hire. This can only be good for Williams and I wish him all the best. It was great to see his leadership drive Volkswagen to the dominant success they had in WRC. Lets hope some of that rubs off onto the new Williams group with successes on track.

Jesus dude. Kick him while he's down.

Williams successes were less about Frank and more about Patrick Head and Adrian Newey. If Franks management style and endless broken promises didn't drive Newey away, maybe they'd still be winning races. He treated his drivers like crap as well. Williams was mis managed from well before the time his daughter took over.

He was certainly the driving force that got Williams going (although Patrick Head was the genius behind the operation), but his management style never adapted to cover the fact Patrick took a few steps backward and he could no longer fully rely on his genius to pull the team through. Luckily, he hired another genius in Newey but unfortunately treated him with the same contempt he treated everyone else with and hence here we have the net result.

Capito is a top notch hire. This can only be good for Williams and I wish him all the best. It was great to see his leadership drive Volkswagen to the dominant success they had in WRC. Lets hope some of that rubs off onto the new Williams group with successes on track.

Sorry, but I have to stick up for Frank. The man, through sheer grit and determination, willed into existence one of the winningest Formula 1 teams of all time. A team which won 9 constructors championships across 2 distinct eras after early struggles - even failures - that would have left most mortals disheartened, if not outright broken.

Did he attract, hire, and push to the absolute limit a host of brilliant on and off track talent that went on to bring him loads of glory and accolades? Yes, guilty as charged!

If anything, Formula 1 became broken, not Frank. Things have gotten progressively more "corporate" over the years and, yes, possibly that has lead to Formula 1 no longer being the kind of place for a Frank Williams to make a name for themselves.

That makes me sad and the thought of the sport becoming increasingly populated by Toto Wolff clones - with their $200 haircuts, slick political manueverings, and board of directors pleasing soundbites - does not fill me full of optimism for the future of the sport.

So I say thank you, Frank. Formula 1 would not have been the same without you.

Good luck to Perez. Looking at the 2021 calendar and including giving few races to "know the team and car", I will say around Canada/France we will start getting "they should put Hulk/Gasly/Albon/Tsunoda instead of Perez". :roflmao:

You do know that Williams had won three world championships before Newry had even come along?

And you do know that Frank set up Williams twice having lost it all to Walter Wolf? Before Patrick was even involved in motor racing?

Frank and Patrick are were a brilliant team, complementing each other well. Newry was only at Williams for six years or so.

I really wonder if you know anything about pre 90s F1.

That's not Nigel. I think it's Karun Chandhok.

Deplorable.

I'm not sure he meant it the way it read - an unintentional faux pas perhaps.

Sir Frank is a fighter - he's the longest surviving person with his medical issues in the world, and resilient as nails. Anyone who is British and follows Motorsport loves Williams, so let's all hope Frank is out of hospital soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%