Alright when was that again.....?

Merc not giving engine to RB is for me one of examples of "actions speaks louder than words". They are all about: "we go step further", "we improved here", "we are now better in parts they were better before". And then they don't want to give engine to RB. Although, there could be a part where Merc engine is designed to work best with long wheel base. That could be the reason Merc went with those monsters. And with RB going other way it could be a reason for not wanting to change their philosophy.
Philosophy is bullocks

They would adjust the car to suit the engine the bigger problem now days in f1 is having a good engine.

High or low rack can be adjusted
High or low downforce can be adjusted.

Everything else is adjusteble expect the power train...

Look at ferrari.. of 2019 no need for low /medium config because the engine was that powerfull but during the season rules/ caught so they where stuck with a high downforce car with less power from the powertrain.. so yeah thats one of the slowest combi in f1. High downforce no power enough to make the high downforce work.

Now 2020 they stripped lot of the downforce to suit more with the engine power output.

Thats why vettel was spinning alot.
(High downforce driver) at the end of the season ferrari found some of the downforce back and the 95% of the spinning was gone on vettels part.

So yeah engine makes or brakes a f1 car otherwise its only a rolling body

Last edited:
Boring race as always...nothing happened....this race track is dull...should be removed from the calendar. Good to see Mclaren finishing top 3 ! Onward to 2021 and much much excitement I hope :)
Most races are boaring Australia has Melbourne as season opener. Adelaide used to finish season, I think both tracks are dull. You want a gentle track at the 1st race as teams get to grips with cars and drivers. And on the last race no body realy cares. There was a battle for prize money from McLaren and Racing point But that's it. There used to be a end of season party and testing as drivers got into new cars but i think due to covid it was avoided.

Max is the Ronnie Peterson today in F1 only he need a title
Problem with MAX is he has less points than he is worth. in Mexico i remember he once came 3rd, but had a time penalty. He has got a lot of penalties taking points from him. Sometimes it seems like he is maturing and boom he gets one again. Hes racing to stupid rules like track limits and no weaving that take the drivers ability to drive defensively. I wouls like to see Mr Massi try to drive the car and keep in track limits and set good lap times.

Problem with MAX is he has less points than he is worth. in Mexico i remember he once came 3rd, but had a time penalty. He has got a lot of penalties taking points from him. Sometimes it seems like he is maturing and boom he gets one again. Hes racing to stupid rules like track limits and no weaving that take the drivers ability to drive defensively. I wouls like to see Mr Massi try to drive the car and keep in track limits and set good lap times.

do not know what you are trying to say exactly but Max rarely gets penalty points lately, certainly and before.. all those years it was not too bad. a better car against that also gives you less chance of penalty points ;)

... at the moment shows that he is the best driver or one of the best... at the moment. Russel did the same in the merc

Last edited:
@GP STONER yes, engine is important. But they had high downforce and not best engine in 2010-2013. Didn't go bad for them then. I don't want to go more off topic as this has nothing with Perez. We partially agree and it's fine for me. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure who is getting mad at the message. I think most people think the message is great. Considering the resources that the F1 community has, I think they could do more than messaging.
The response was a general one...not directed at you.

Lots of folk seem to be getting really mad at this message.
They don't want it highlighted in any sport...furthermore this one.
Question is...Why?
Does racism and injustice stop being a 'thing' the minute a driver steps into his/her car?
Somebody ought to tell that to the fans who...back in 2007 called Lewis a black, ni**er piece of s*** at Circuit De Catalunya.
His only crime....racing Fernando.
They ought to tell some of the fans at Interlagos who pelted him with nutshells to simulate feeding a monkey during his 2008 WDC win.
His only crime there...racing Felipe for the WDC.
Do people really believe this type of behavior miraculously appears out of thin air?
Like it or not, racism raises it's ugly head in just about every aspect of life and that includes sports.
The current 'in-your-face' lack of civility makes it more obvious today, than at any time previous.

Last edited:
Ignorant comment really. If I wanted equalty I could watch litterally any other motorsport than F1, but thats not the damn point.
The point is that filthy rich brats, who hasnt even worked for the money, is taking over from drivers who actually deserve to be there. But the biggest point is the teams willing to sell their soul just to stay alive. I'd rather the teams just fold and force rich people like Mazepin senior to start his own team, like others in the past.

Everyone in F1 is a rich brat. If you want to be in F1 you have to be good in F2. But in order to be in F2 your dad has to pay for your seat. Every team in F2 is a company that sells a seat to race in F2, there is no other way to make money for F2 teams. In 2019 this was around half a mil € per season. Mazepin is in that regard quite regular. In fact, it would be interesting to see which current F1 driver's dad is the richest. Even Lando's Dad has some 250 Mil in wealth. Lewis' dad seems to be initially not that rich, but Lewis' career was bankrolled by Ron Dennis, and later the dad had it's own company. Long story short, all paths to F1 are paved with lots of money. It always was, always will be. Even in the old days, Stirling Moss had rich parents. His sister did competitive horse riding - also an expensive hobby.

Everyone in F1 is a rich brat. If you want to be in F1 you have to be good in F2. But in order to be in F2 your dad has to pay for your seat. Every team in F2 is a company that sells a seat to race in F2, there is no other way to make money for F2 teams. In 2019 this was around half a mil € per season. Mazepin is in that regard quite regular. In fact, it would be interesting to see which current F1 driver's dad is the richest. Even Lando's Dad has some 250 Mil in wealth. Lewis' dad seems to be initially not that rich, but Lewis' career was bankrolled by Ron Dennis, and later the dad had it's own company. Long story short, all paths to F1 are paved with lots of money. It always was, always will be. Even in the old days, Stirling Moss had rich parents. His sister did competitive horse riding - also an expensive hobby.

In a way, F1 is like a hollywood movie, where actors portray the hardships and poverty of a working class family and then go home after shooting the movie to eat lobsters in their mansions.

I have seen Mick on Utube. Dose not look verry good. He is there for the name of his father. It is hard to do well as 2nd generation. His Father was one of the greatest drivers i have ever seen. I dont beleive Mick will ever beat Michael's record. But we will see.
Well there's an iNfOrMeD opinion if I ever saw one.

I'm sorry you didn't follow anything other than the main category and "utube", but Mick actually won F2 - and it would've been quite comfortable had qualifying pole not been worth a quite large 4 points - he did well when it mattered, i.e. races.

Just FYI, F2 is the category right below F1, meaning if ANYone deserves a rookie seat, it's definitely him first and foremost.

Over the last couple of days, the Williams family have confirmed legendary team owner Sir Frank Williams has been admitted to hospital, with the veteran boss describe as in a 'stable' condition.
  • Sir Frank, 78, in stable condition.
  • Jost Capito confirmed as new CEO.
  • Simon Roberts takes the permanent Team Principle role.
Legendary Williams Grand Prix Engineering founder and team boss Sir Frank Williams is currently in a stable condition in hospital according to the Williams family, with further details about the condition of the 78-year-old, or the reason for his hospitalization having yet to be revealed.

On Tuesday, a statement from the Williams family said:

“Sir Frank Williams has recently been admitted to hospital where he is currently in a stable condition.

"Frank’s medical condition is a private matter and therefore the family will not be releasing any further details at this time.

"We ask for you to respect the family’s privacy. The team will release a further update in due course. Thank you."

In other Williams news, the former Championship winning outfit have confirmed stand-in Team Principle Simon Roberts will take over the role on a permanent basis from next season, with former VW motorsport and McLaren boss Jost Capito as its new Chief Executive Officer, taking control at the team from February next year as the British outfit continue their rebuilding and restructuring efforts of recent seasons.

Capito Williams.jpg

“It’s a great honour for me to join Williams Racing during these exciting and demanding times for both the team and for Formula One" Said Capito during the recent press release. "It is an honour to be a part of the future of this storied team, and one that carries such a poignant name in the sport, so I approach this challenge with great respect and with a huge amount of relish.”

Williams have enjoyed much improved form during the 2020 season, despite failing to score a World Championship point, and will once again field drivers George Russell and Nicholas Latifi in the Formula One World Championship next season.

For more news and discussion about the world of Grand Prix racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepatment now, and start up a new thread today!

Williams F1 Footer.jpg

Attachments

• Williams F1 Header.jpg
    Williams F1 Header.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 121
Yep Perez new team mate of Max. Dutch media already confirmed it now....waiting until tomorrow was very difficult for them. Scoops sell

Dutch source:

I've been following F1 since 2001 or 2002, but growing up on those seasons, I was more interested in Ferrari, McLaren and then, Renault. It wasn't until F1 games started showing classic cars (F1 Championship Edition, that is) and then I started playing on PC that I didn't really realized how important Frank Williams and his team were to F1 (special shootout to rF1's 1979 F1 mod, since you had to start your "career" on a Williams).

My best wishes to sir Frank Williams.

Williams successes were less about Frank and more about Patrick Head and Adrian Newey. If Franks management style and endless broken promises didn't drive Newey away, maybe they'd still be winning races. He treated his drivers like crap as well. Williams was mis managed from well before the time his daughter took over.

He was certainly the driving force that got Williams going (although Patrick Head was the genius behind the operation), but his management style never adapted to cover the fact Patrick took a few steps backward and he could no longer fully rely on his genius to pull the team through. Luckily, he hired another genius in Newey but unfortunately treated him with the same contempt he treated everyone else with and hence here we have the net result.

I think we all wish Sir Frank a quick recovery.

Capito is a top notch hire. This can only be good for Williams and I wish him all the best. It was great to see his leadership drive Volkswagen to the dominant success they had in WRC. Lets hope some of that rubs off onto the new Williams group with successes on track.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing