Alright when was that again.....?

Just a little reminder

Terms of Service

Quote:

General rules
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
Quote end

Please ALL OF YOU stay healthy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

with all due respect Mr. Andrew can you tell me where there is bullying in this discussion?

Empty gestures are a particular favorite of the white world. F1 is long on sentiment and short on action here, but they are far from alone. The NFL and FIFA serve up similar platitudes, but last I checked not an ounce of specifics have been offered. Lewis Hamilton had a great suggestion regarding racism by wearing a t-shirt that read "ARREST THE COPS WHO SHOT BRIONNA TAYLOR," but F1 called him into the principal's office for that.

It says something about the world in 2020 when F1 schedules races in unpleasant spots like Russia and Saudi Arabia, yet if we raced only in countries with a sterling human rights record, we'd be spending a lot of time in Canada.

He was 0.02 off Bottas the weekend before, 7 days later he is nearly 3 secs off Bottas.....

Like i said before Latifi could get top 5 in the Merc....

Anyway it is what it is.

I saw Hamiltons VT piece riding Rossi's 46 machine, saw another side to the guy, really warmed to him. Seems just like me he prefers the bikes!

Heard Brundle and the others slathering about MotoGP too, seems a lot of the F1 guys like and respect the bikers.

Weird this place is so anti bikes, I mean its fine, i have other outlets for that, but still seems very 4 wheel centric on here.

I'm pretty sure it's virtue-signaling. They want to seem like they care, but they don't care enough not to schedule races in places like Saudi Arabia or China.

Personally, that doesn't bother me. Every country has its own issues. But if they are going to make a big deal about #WeRaceAsOne and put rainbows on everything, it seems odd to have a race in Saudi Arabia.
Agree. Unless I've missed it, I have not heard a single reporter ask a driver, team principal, or FIA official a question about inconsistencies between "We Race at One" and some of the laws/traditions in the regions they race. I guess I just feel insulted by how ignorant F1 must think the fans are about what they say compared to what they actually do.

He was 0.02 off Bottas the weekend before, 7 days later he is nearly 3 secs off Bottas.....

Anyway it is what it is.

I saw Hamiltons VT piece riding Rossi's 46 machine, saw another side to the guy, really warmed to him. Seems just like me he prefers the bikes!

Heard Brundle and the others slathering about MotoGP too, seems a lot of the F1 guys like and respect the bikers.

Weird this place is so anti bikes, I mean its fine, i have other outlets for that, but still seems very 4 wheel centric on here.

bikes are the ultimate way to go fast, you ARE the vehicle, not just "in" it.

Anyway it is what it is.

I'm a biker too and a big fan of motorcycle racing. Riders make a bigger difference than drivers do in the overall package.

As a biker I tend to be attuned to anti-bike sentiment, but I honestly can say I haven't noticed it here. Apathy maybe is closer to what I have found? It is very 4 wheel centric I agree, but I can kind of understand that from the sim perspective. Even though I'll take the bike over the car when I need to travel anywhere in real life, for sim stuff I have struggled to find anything as immersive on the 2 wheel side.

As a biker I tend to be attuned to anti-bike sentiment, but I honestly can say I haven't noticed it here. Apathy maybe is closer to what I have found? It is very 4 wheel centric I agree, but I can kind of understand that from the sim perspective. Even though I'll take the bike over the car when I need to travel anywhere in real life, for sim stuff I have struggled to find anything as immersive on the 2 wheel side.

Yep agreed.
From driving in real life to sims you are doing the same basic stuff. You can debate the accuracy of physics etc, but no debating on the very basics.
Round thing steers you, fast pedal, slow pedal....and gear stick also and clutch if needed...

With bike 'sims' its pretty poor cross over.

Vettel:
POTD-vettel-leclerc.jpg

Lewis' Fans:

760-7603932_facebook-angry-face-meme-spotify-logo-for-twitch.png

Unquestionably, it's not even up for debate.
That's interesting to me. I've only come into following F1 in the past 3 seasons, so I didn't really know much about Murray Walker except his interview in "Beyond the Grid." I have since watched some past races on F1TV. He was very good for the 1996 Monaco GP when Olivier Panis won. But then I watched the 1999 European Grand Prix (the one at the Nurburgring with the big wreck that Johnny Herbert won) and he was horrible. He was often confused about which car was which and it seemed like he was often a step or two behind the action.

I think that with commentators we develop a love based on our vision of the "good old days." And almost everyone considers their formative years in watching a sport to be the best. You see this now with the "bring back V10s" movement. I consider the 1980s to be the golden era of American football because that's when I was little.

I guess my point is - I agree that Murray Walker was great up until he wasn't. And he stayed on past that point for a few years. But I strongly suspect that if I had grown up listening to him I would think he was the best of all time. I guess compared to the other choices, he is the best. But he wasn't always great. Watch the 1999 European Grand Prix and tell me if you think he did a good job of it.

German media, Perez in going to Redbull, Albon will be spare driver next year.
So no doubt anymore, that’s it :thumbsup:
Link?

I saw an article which had a sensational headline like that but in the text it was "speculated" and they quoted the interview with Marko - which neither confirmed or denied stuff completely.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%