Alright when was that again.....?

That depends on ones point of view.

I watched, with very few exception of races not being broadcasted, every GP from 1982 to about the early 2000s. I actually stayed home to watch the oversea races instead of going out on weekends. That's what my level of interest was. Sure there were teams dominating just like there are today but the boredom set in more towards the 2000s.
And in any case: what's wrong with a team producing a dominant car? That does only mean they did a better job then others. No one forces a runner who's one second faster then everyone else to wear led weight on his body.
There have always been rich and poor teams and all the rules they implemented over the years haven't changed that. And even a cap on the budget won't make a championship contender out of a bottom four team. I understand that progress and change is needed to adapt to changing times. But it is a matter of opinon if the changes where for the better.
I think most, if not all fans of F1 appreciate that there were dominant cars in the past, boring races in the past, but tracks were better, there was danger and if not danger there were consequences if pushing to the limit and going off track, no acres of tarmac giving drivers a sort of safety blanket when trying. The drivers were a larger percentage of car/driver performance, not guided incar by engineers, and on most occasions when there was a dominant car/team, there were TWO alpha males driving, not just one with a handy 'blocker'.

That's the same old excuse, and that is exactly what it is - an excuse. Hamilton is with the better team, and he ads to the team to make it a formidable partnership. Teammates are driving these same cars, using the exact same standards and yet he's the only one doing what he has done with the given equipment week in and week out. Ferrari first of all is poorly managed, and they have employed sketchy drivers. Lewis is clearly the best of the field when you check the boxes. The car thing is an excuse that some have to tell themselves for whatever reason.
Completely agree with your statement my friend but lets cut to the chase. We all know what the true reason is don't we . The hysteria I witnessed amongst British F1 fans when Jenson won the championship in the Braun was night and day to what I constantly hear about Lewis. That car was head and shoulders above the competition but it was rarely mentioned. I wish I had a pound for every time somebody as said to me "he's a good driver but I can't stand him. He's arrogant and a sore loser." Makes me sick really. Six time world champion and still can't get the respect he so obviously deserves

Respect relies on more than just results. Unfortunately, those two character traits that you used in your fictional quote above ring true when it comes to Hamilton; he is arrogant and he is a sore loser. For some people, their dislike of his character is enough to outweigh their acknowledgement of his talent.

The same is true of many other drivers too, though.

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix - round three of the delayed 2020 Formula One World Championship.

The historic first double header Grand Prix start to the season in Austria is already a thing of the past, with this weekend seeing the 2020 Formula One circus hit the tight and twisty Hungaroring Circuit, and more than a few drivers are ready to prove a point.

Chief of those looking to put right the wrongs of Austria will be Ferrari, the Scuderia having endured a torrid start to the new season with first a woefully under-performing car, then compounding their misery further with seemingly magnetic drivers that performed miracles last time out to destroy any hopes of the famous Italian team correlating data regarding their new aerodynamic updates brought to the car.

With continued rumours linking Sebastian Vettel to a drive with the Aston Martin team for next year, this weekend could be a big one for the German as he looks to reestablish his race winning credentials following a difficult couple of seasons with the red team.

Someone else who will be looking to expand upon their reputation is Englishman and newly confirmed for a third season at Williams driver George Russell, the 2018 F2 champion will be keen to push on from a much more competitive showing last time out in the Stryian Grand Prix, as the 22-year-old finally seems to have a car underneath him capable of challenge others within the lower midfield.

Will the Hungaroring open up an opportunity for Red Bull? Can Ferrari fight back? Are McLaren able to continue their outstanding start to the year? All these questions and more will be answered at the chequered flag on Sunday afternoon.

Who do you think will win the Hungarian Grand Prix? Let us know in the comments section below!

Hungary footer.jpg

Last edited:
Grew up with F1 being your typical sunday tea time treat, us kids sprawled on the carpet with Schumi and Häkkinen battling for 1st.

I still in principle "like" F1, but its races can't really grip me. So little action, too much is still decided by pit stops, the tech is marvellous, but very far removed from everyday cars and driving, the tracks as well. I often tuned into races and and tried to follow, but got bored fast. I can tune into any VLN/NLS race and find more thrill in V4 class cars battling for position 120.

I found my heart with multiclass endurance racing and in general racing series that use street car basis', but allow for unique approaches, like hillclimb and time attack too. Don't think F1 can ever get a spot here for me.

Watched F1 since Mansell in the mid 80's, Loved the Mansell, Senna/Prost fights.

But as the "aero" got more and more elaborate and the close racing more and more difficult my interest waned, culminating in gimmicky stuff like Kers and DRS to just overtake, the butchering of classic tracks and the Tilke crap fest of new ones...culminating in the Mercs dominance, which was the cherry on the turd cake.

voted no.
+1

Completely agree with your statement my friend but lets cut to the chase. We all know what the true reason is don't we . The hysteria I witnessed amongst British F1 fans when Jenson won the championship in the Braun was night and day to what I constantly hear about Lewis. That car was head and shoulders above the competition but it was rarely mentioned. I wish I had a pound for every time somebody as said to me "he's a good driver but I can't stand him. He's arrogant and a sore loser." Makes me sick really. Six time world champion and still can't get the respect he so obviously deserves

Jensons win was popular because he's a really nice lad, with a nice attitude, but in the UK Hamilton is lauded as the best thing since sliced bread so god knows what you're on about.

There were loads of people especially in the UK who hated Schumacher in his prime, did that make you sick?

Believe me, people have personal reasons for not liking Lewis, like he doesn't have the right look to be the face of the sport. They want a guy like Verstappen, or Leclerc to be that face, you know, like the "good ole' days" wink wink. He's no more arrogant than any other driver, he's nice to everyone - he just doesn't present the desired look for those people. At least the Spanish fans were honest enough to admit it though. He, and others like myself knows where the Spanish fans stand.

As far as the fastest car thing goes it's just an excuse that they use. Mainly because it's not their preferred driver

Last edited:
Well if merc win this weekend and redbull no step forward season is finisch

@ I like the track Hungaroring... but why the that stupid slow cicane in the second sector. It brakes all the flow ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing