Alright when was that again.....?

So if we complain about Schumacher or Vettel, are we doing it because we are racist? Seriously, can you take this **** elsewhere?
Have you taken offense because you fit the description of such a person. My comments were not directed at you, and yet you have exploded like a ticking bomb. You appear as someone who has revealed something about himself. I was clearly talking to the other guy, so well well well what do we have here...

So Vettel was basically fired from Ferrari?

That's harsh. But I guess he brought it on himself to some extent.

What an interesting development.

Have you taken offense because you fit the description of such a person. My comments were not directed at you, and yet you have exploded like a ticking bomb. You appear as someone who has revealed something about himself. I was clearly talking to the other guy, so well well well what do we have here...

No offence, but it sounds to me like you're barking up the wrong tree here?

But suit yourself.

FWIW, I respect Lewis Hamilton as the Tier 1 driver that he clearly is. He's still massively fast and he appears to leave no stone unturned in his continuing quest for more performance. In F1, you certainly dismiss Lewis Hamilton at your peril.

Compare and contrast that with Vettel who has shown over the past few years that there's a greater chance that he'll crack under pressure than Hamilton.

Of course, I couldn't perform at either Vettel or Hamilton's level (or any professional driver really) so perhaps my comments aren't really all that relevant or insightful in the larger scheme of things.

You used the usual generic inferences. Seriously, take your racist rant elsewhere.

No offence, but it sounds to me like you're barking up the wrong tree here?

But suit yourself.

FWIW, I respect Lewis Hamilton as the Tier 1 driver that he clearly is. He's still massively fast and he appears to leave no stone unturned in his continuing quest for more performance. In F1, you certainly dismiss Lewis Hamilton at your peril.

Compare and contrast that with Vettel who has shown over the past few years that there's a greater chance that he'll crack under pressure than Hamilton.

Of course, I couldn't perform at either Vettel or Hamilton's level (or any professional driver really) so perhaps my comments aren't really all that relevant or insightful in the larger scheme of things.
Everyone's comments are relevant, but I'm not barking up the proverbial tree. I'm just speaking of how the world is, or more accurately how it can be.

You used the usual generic inferences. Seriously, take your racist rant elsewhere.
If you consider my comments as a "racist rant" then it has hit you in a very personal way, and as such you feel that I was speaking to you directly. If I were being a racist and making a statement based solely on race then that would mean that I am making biased, preconceived statements, but I wasn't because it's the truth, and the truth has cut you personally for some reason.

Last edited:
If you consider my comments as a "racist rant" then it has hit you in a very personal way, and as such you feel that I was speaking to you directly. If I were being a racist and making a statement based solely on race then that would mean that I am making biased, preconceived statements, but I wasn't because it's the truth, and the truth has cut personally you for some reason.

It seems like you're still barking up the wrong tree mate:

From my perspective, you're insinuating that someone is being "cut by the truth" (because they're secretly racist and hence feel like you spoke to them personally) when said someone really just appears to think you are being annoying on purpose after they've told you to lay off on the nonsense and to take your weird insinuations elsewhere?

It seems like you're still barking up the wrong tree mate:

From my perspective, you're insinuating that someone is being "cut by the truth" (because they're secretly racist and hence feel like you spoke to them personally) when said someone really just appears to think you are being annoying on purpose after they've told you to lay off on the nonsense and to take your weird insinuations elsewhere?
That's just it, I didn't make any insinuations to anyone here at all. If he or you feel as though I am saying that someone is secretly racist then you are drawing your own personal conclusions about my words. I was talking to someone else entirely, and my words somehow gave him his own personal root canal, and that's a fight for him and him alone. Furthermore, how do you know that I am in fact "barking up the wrong tree" as you keep saying. You don't need to speak for anyone, or fight another person's battle because my comments were not directed to anyone on this forum, because I don't personally know anyone on these forums. This is why I say that if you were personally affected in any negative way about the truth of what I have said, then maybe it's you who needs to have a moment of reflection.

Vettel is an excellent driver. One can't win 4 WC titles without being consistant and fast. However, I've always thought that he has one major flaw: for him to win, everything has to go his way. He has a hard time when things aren't exactly to his liking. Remember his last season at Red Bull, when he was struggling because Mercedes suddenly had the best car? Ricciardo was just as good, if not better, than him that year. At Ferrari, he always seemed to have the 2nd best car in the field and he suddenly started making little mistakes here and there that in the long run tarnished his reputation. It's true that Ferrari hasn't been able to get its act together compared to Mercedes, but Vettel, as the number 1 driver, must share part of the responsability for that. Ferrari probably realized that Vettel's best years are behind him and they rightly decided to bet on Leclerc.

I think Vettel should retire. He's won everything he could win and what would he gain by going to Renault, the only seat that is still open for 2021? I don't see Mercedes signing him, what would be the point? They already have Hamilton and Bottas is a good #2 driver.

So, like every other motorsports team that want to try and win races then? You need to remember that F1 teams are about money, and money comes from winning. Drivers are nothing more than assets, employees that are hired to do a job. If they aren't doing that job then they let them go, just like in any other business. Cold yes, but that's the way of things and is not in any way unique to Ferrari.

Personally, I think it was about time. Hate me if you like, but I've never rated Vettel as a driver anyway. He won most of his championships in a supremely dominant car, and even then it was occasionally a close run thing with a driver in a car that was decidedly uncompetitive. He went to pieces the moment the regs changed and his car wasn't perfect, couldn't adapt. He's had a couple of good chances since and has contributed heavily to ruining them both. Sorry, but he's yesterday's news.

I don't much care to see him elsewhere on the grid either, to be honest. I think he'd just be taking up a place which could be given to a more deserving young up-and-coming driver instead. Vettel should seek other options elsewhere.
Well it wasn't so much about Vettel, I just don't care for Ferrari at all. They make all of these moves and still can't win a damned thing, even having to resort to cheating last season.

Well it wasn't so much about Vettel, I just don't care for Ferrari at all. They make all of these moves and still can't win a damned thing, even having to resort to cheating last season.
How dare they too cheat. I mean they are so evil I expect them to start next race in Monza with tyre pressure under allowed range. :roflmao:

On topic, team choose driver for future, they didn't want to risk his upset and decided to let go older driver. Next....

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the season opening Austrian Grand Prix.
  • F1 finally restarts 8 months after last race in Abu Dhabi
  • FP1 begins 13:10 UTC
Yes, that isn't a spelling mistake, Austria rather that Australia opens the Grand Prix racing season this weekend after one of the longest breaks between races in the history of the sport, and the excitement couldn't be higher amongst fans and insiders alike.

With pre-season testing now but a distant memory, the last few weeks and months of self isolation are starting to become a thing of the past, as Formula One racing looks set to finally hit the headlines once again on Friday morning for the opening practice of the Austrian Grand Prix - the first of two races at the Red Bull owned venue.

Car upgrades, race rusty drivers, outgoing Ferrari drivers, youngsters with a point to prove - racing is back!

Enjoy watching and discuss away!

Austrian Grand Prix.jpg

That was nice of you, but you aren't entirely wrong in that statement. There are people out there who know just how great the man is in this sport, but they would never admit it, and they would never admit why they hate him. Some white people fervently believe that a white driver should always be the best, especially in a sport where no other black man has been involved. I'm not saying this about all white people of course, but as I said there are people who feel this way.

The more that Lewis achieves in this sport, the more bitter "they" become because it isn't a white driver, or the driver that they prefer it to be. I live in the states where a black baseball player named Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's longstanding homerun record. Some white people believed that he should not hold such a record because of his color, and yes he received tons of death threats which involved both him and his children alike.

Now let's consider Europe where black soccer players are constantly humiliated for their skin color while doing their jobs, ie bananas thrown on field, monkey sounds and the like. My point to you is while you should not point fingers directly on this forum, we both know that the sh*t exists in the world in which we live. Some people will say that they don't like him for a specific reason, but there are other reasons you can bet. Again, I am not saying this about anyone on these forums, but..... ahem ahem. They know who they are indeed.

sigh and of course White footballers have never ever been verbally abused at all have they?

What about Blacks who had no interest in F1 at all suddenly becoming interested when Hamilton came along. Or how about Black voters in the US not voting until Obama came along?

Weird how "were all the same" up until someone non white does something and it's all about their skin colour? Racism goes both ways.

Am I racist for not liking Hamilton?

Well I liked Mansell and Button so I must be right?......but not a fan of Hill and Coulthard....so........

Racism card is played too often and it diminishes accounts of real racism.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%