Alright when was that again.....?

Marquez getting booed at has a pretty solid background though. It basicly goes back to two spaniards from two different teams playing games and Dorna - basicly a spanish company - having their own share of interests, while Rossi lost his title due to politics. So much about that topic.

Ragarding Lewis and drivers getting the same material. The more I listen to podcasts from drivers and engineers the more I get the impression that people are a tad naive. There is no such thing as "equal" cars and most people underestimate the amount of games and tricks that are used between drivers in the same team. Who really knows if Bottas isn't a signed No. 2 driver and if engineers and equipment are as good as what Lewis has at hand? We will porpably never know.

Yup I know the history of getting Lorenzo to beat Rossi to the title, Especially Valencia where Marc could not get in front of Lorenzo yet when Dani got past him he immediatly fought back hard v his own team mate!!......but Rossi lost his cool in Malaysia and ultimately that decisions played more of a part that year. :(

But the point is Marc is massivly successfull, (more than Hamilton and arguably in a more difficult form of motorsport and one that is a LOT more dangerous....220 mph on two wheel?!! I could hardly hold on to my bikes at 140! Look at the injuries Marc (and the other riders have) compared to Hamilton.) Yet that success means nothing with regards to universal popularity and recognition, many still think the Honda is the best bike and that's why Marc wins (when it's been a recalcitrant dog of a bike quite a few times!). Whereas categorically the Mercedes has been the best car for almost a decade, which does flatter Hamiltons record a bit IMO.

Hamilton is no exception to that, success is no guarantee of complete popularity and recognition. Which a few people fail to understand.

Can't actually believe.. here, of all places people are saying "it's more about the car" is this your first F1 Race? I mean when the **** was it not more about the car? Not sure I was alive.

No it is explaining to the new ones who just started liking it when Merc and Lewis started winning everything, that it is all about the car...

Which is obvious as that is why BoP plays such a huge part in other series and also why sim racers get mardy because someone is in a better 'car' or has a special set up...

But with Lewis its his amazing skills...of course... I mean put say Stroll in a Merc and he'd be nowhere.....oh hang on...sorry we are in 2020 now...

Nice movie, I've seen it in the cinema in so called ScreenX format. At certain moments the screen was 270 degrees around you, putting you really on track, in pit, garage, whatever.

That's a BS excuse that people like to use to make little of what he can do. Lewis is so good that he had a two time WDC in Alonso extorting his team to damage Lewis's car, It takes true fear to do something like that. Rosberg is in the class of one of 30 greatest drivers of all-time and Lewis scared him out of the sport. Please? You people have more excuses that a criminal in jail. If it isn't the car, it's his teammates. Next thing you all will be trying to explain why the weather has made it easy for him. Lewis is the man - deal with it or don't, but whatever your choice it won't stop him and that's for sure.
Your view is shared by millions so I don't expect to change the views of you lot, just as you won't change my view. The only thing I'd agree with you is that hamilton is a b....y good driver. I don't think though, I have ever heard a hamilton fan give credit to the car or team. You must be absolutely enjoying F1, good for you, I am pleased for you, wish I could enjoy it.

Because admitting it's all about the car would make their idol drivers they worship so blindly less important.
It's all about small differences, the teams obviously feel they can get more out of one driver than another hence the huge contracts.

Lewis stands out because he can seek out them extra 10ths that can be the difference, my post was not aimed at bashing the drivers at all! They are phenomenal.

Being 1-2% better is the difference in class and world class if people want to idolise an F1 driver it's no different to a musician , boxer, footballer these guys are top of the tree I wouldn't use the word idolise to describe my feeling towards Schumacher, Max, Prost, Senna and Hamilton but I completely admire them, especially Hamilton the way he got to where he is, nothing short of a miracle.

People like to hate him but that just goes with the territory of multi time world champions. We all want the nice guy but in my opinion Senna, Max, lewis, Schumacher, Prost don't fall into that category and it's no surprise! my feeling is that becoming a multi world champion doesn't suit the Lando's of this world, becoming WDC broke Nico Rosberg so hating these guys probably feeds them, if they didn't have thick skin they wouldn't be where they are sooo idolise away!

Edit: I know Max isn't yet a world champion but I believe he has it in him to win a hat full of them.

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Hungarian Grand Prix Driver of the Day - let us know your thoughts in the poll and comments section below!

It had the makings of a spectacular Sunday afternoon in Hungary, however the rain didn't quite fall for long enough, and the competition wasn't quite strong enough to produce an event that one would consider a classic - but who do you think made the best of their afternoons work out on the circuit?

Dominant winner, fightbacks from lower down the field, a few fights on different strategies - but only one driver can come away with the fan award from our RaceDepartment readers - so who gets the RD accolades?

F1 Driver of the Day.jpg

I don't get why Max gets driver of the day when you crash at the outlap driving to the grid. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Sure, he did well in the race but crashing in the outlap weighs out my vote for him. Those mechanics though...

My vote goes to Magnussen for driving a Haas in the points

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back