Alright when was that again.....?

It can be fine margins that make significant difference in f1; when one driver does better than the other many variables come into play.
Rosberg was underrated and under-appreciated on here at least. Beat Schumacher, and was quite frequently faster than Hamilton. Good driver, Rosberg.

The way that Merc takes corners is genuinely jawdropping. Can't help but admire the engineering work.

And a newsflash for some of you: In F1 it has (nearly) always been the car, but you also need a pretty damn fantastic driver to take that car to the absolute limit. Discrediting Hamilton for what he's achieved is absurd. In that case you should also discredit Vettel, Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc etc. But noooo, things were always better in the past... *sarcasm*

I'm far from being a Hamilton fan, but with the way he's performed throughout his entire career there's no doubt he's one of the all time greats.
Don’t bother arguing with those people, it’s the same lame excuse every race weekend...they never apply their own standards to every other driver/car/era of F1.

Don’t bother arguing with those people, it’s the same lame excuse every race weekend...they never apply their own standards to every other driver/car/era of F1.

Simply untrue, Vettel and Red Bull got so much grief during their moment of dominance, go see what Lewis used to say back then about it (google it).... Certainly he wasn't doing black power racist salutes on the podium or wearing chains around his neck to signify slavery...he even spoke like he came from England back then...

Schumy and Ferrari got grief, obviously Schumy was a cheat also but since he was crippled clearly that changes somewhat.

People like you will always try to steer things into "thats racist" territory...

It is not and never will be racist to not like someone for their personality...

Lets see if Bottas does a white power salute on the podium tomorrow...oh no, he won't, because he isn't a dick.

Simply untrue, Vettel and Red Bull got so much grief during their moment of dominance, go see what Lewis used to say back then about it (google it).... Certainly he wasn't doing black power racist salutes on the podium or wearing chains around his neck to signify slavery...he even spoke like he came from England back then...

Schumy and Ferrari got grief, obviously Schumy was a cheat also but since he was crippled clearly that changes somewhat.

People like you will always try to steer things into "thats racist" territory...

It is not and never will be racist to not like someone for their personality...

Lets see if Bottas does a white power salute on the podium tomorrow...oh no, he won't, because he isn't a dick.

I didn’t say anything about race. Have fun talking to yourself.

And no-one questions the reasoning, the whys or wherefores.....except when it comes to Hamilton, why does he need special treatment?

He's disliked by many, people need to get over it. In fact it NORMAL he's disliked.

Marc Marquez get's booed at some bike GPs, if anyone's a GOAT at their sport it's him, he does things on that Honda that no-one else can match. Last year it was a dog of a bike, yet he still dragged it kicking and screaming to the championship. Guess what, I don't like him because I'm a Rossi fan. Success is equally relevant to how much someone is disliked to how much someone is liked.
Marquez getting booed at has a pretty solid background though. It basicly goes back to two spaniards from two different teams playing games and Dorna - basicly a spanish company - having their own share of interests, while Rossi lost his title due to politics. So much about that topic.

Ragarding Lewis and drivers getting the same material. The more I listen to podcasts from drivers and engineers the more I get the impression that people are a tad naive. There is no such thing as "equal" cars and most people underestimate the amount of games and tricks that are used between drivers in the same team. Who really knows if Bottas isn't a signed No. 2 driver and if engineers and equipment are as good as what Lewis has at hand? We will porpably never know.

If you are far from being a Hamilton fan then you can surely agree that since joining Merc he hasn't had an equal calibre driver as a team-mate, making those 5 titles with Merc a cake-walk, and would have been 6 but for car failures. This year will be another title and will probably be even easier with Bottas plus the RP cars buffering him from any threat. I know Hamilton fans are loving it, but F1 fans would have preferred Hamilton to have had Ricciardo, Vettel or Verstappen as a team mate. When cars required more skill and bravery, the likes of Senna, Mansell and Prost had serious competition from their team-mates.
That's a BS excuse that people like to use to make little of what he can do. Lewis is so good that he had a two time WDC in Alonso extorting his team to damage Lewis's car, It takes true fear to do something like that. Rosberg is in the class of one of 30 greatest drivers of all-time and Lewis scared him out of the sport. Please? You people have more excuses than a criminal in jail. If it isn't the car, it's his teammates. Next thing you all will be trying to explain how the weather has made it easy for him. Lewis is the man - deal with it or don't, but whatever your choice it won't stop him and that's for sure.

Last edited:
" they never apply their own standards to every other driver/car/era of F1. "

You seem to think only Lewis gets 'picked on'.....why?

In your own words, here's but a sample on not why he is 'picked on' (I know he isn't the only one btw), but on the things he is picked on for:

Certainly he wasn't doing black power racist salutes on the podium

or wearing chains around his neck to signify slavery
he even spoke like he came from England back then...

Opinions like this and the calling for his records and his achievements to be scrutinized when all other records stand, are why I respond in the way I do.

If you can't see past what he wears or the message it represents...
If you believe that 'he should always speak a certain way' to satisfy your comfort level, or never change his views on anything so you can put him in a nice, tidy box...
If you can't see the difference in a black power salute and a white power salute and the HISTORY BEHIND WHERE THEY ORIGINATED and WHAT EACH OF THEM REPRESENTS...then I have nothing more to say to you. You have your opinions and I have mine.

Good day, sir and enjoy the race tomorrow. :thumbsup:

This is getting way off topic (although this is where Lewis wants the conversation), but actually you may like to look at the history of the black power movement, it is not particularly a nice and cuddly as you make out, it was valid in the 60's, but not so much in 2020... and it is racist in my and many others opinions.

Including a certain James Baldwin, who isn't as fashionable as Malcome X, but is far far more a valid voice....
I really hope you go and google James Baldwin as he isn't talked about much now, but he was a wonderful man full of wonderful ideas....
Enjoy the race..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years