• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Who do you think will win the Styrian Grand Prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2020 F1 Aust.... Styrian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Welcome to the official discussion thread for the 2020 Styrian Grand Prix, the second round of the new Formula One Grand Prix season.

Back at the Red Bull Ring for the second week in succession, and with heavy rain storms predicted, this could be a very interesting experiment to see how the Grand Prix teams manage racing on the same circuit twice in two weeks - the first time in the history of Formula One.

Can Bottas keep up his impressive season start? Will Hamilton fight back following a subdued opening race? Have Ferrari found the key to one lap and race distance speed? Loads of questions, and many will be answered come the chequered flag on Sunday afternoon... or will they?

F1 Austria.png

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Metisagon

50RPM
Premium
Feb 22, 2016
Very curious to see whether the electrical interference seen on the Mercedes cars is still an issue.
I think that plus the chance of rain and the tantalising possibility of a mixed up grid as a result stands to give us yet another exciting race at the ring. :)

Reactions: LukeyZeeRacing

Tr3voRR

500RPM
May 10, 2013
Hey Stroll, I know you voted for yourself.

Must be nice to be able to do this "daddy, pretty please can you buy me an f1 team daddy". Good for him, if you can than why not, it's just a little funny in some ways.

M-Bimmer

Still on 20” winter tyres. Back to 22” soon
Jun 10, 2016
Most of FP2 felt like a long qualy session. Maybe because of the deleted times or maybe because they are on the same track for the second weekend. Regardless it was fun to watch. it’s clear that Perez could put a lap together on the very first lap while stroll
couldn’t. Will see if there’ll be any FP3 or qualy tomorrow or not where benz usually shows their true pace. Hoping for an unexpected results on Sunday to keep things interesting in this rather short season.

Reactions: Jim Layee

Patrik Marek

1000RPM
Oct 25, 2014
well, if the other race was any indication, Redbulls can be quite strong, but yeah , I think it will be Mercedes yet again

Would love if Albon could win, to make up for the last race

also, it will be super interesting to see how second race will go, if it will be pretty much the same, or very different

5-Card-Major

250RPM
Premium
Apr 6, 2020
Are they expecting heavy rain for tomm? (Saturday). Possible tomm gets postponed 'til Sunday, then race is Monday?