2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update

Misc 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not sure if you have any tips regarding this, but I'm getting an error (usually saying something about possible missing dlc) whenever I try to start a race in the c8 mod (whether its the original or with your updated physics) and can't seem to figure out what's causing it. I'm seeing other people reporting the same issue on the c8 mod FB posts and youtube videos, but no one seems to have any answers. I have the Kunos c7 and c7r if that makes a difference, and I'm using CSP v0.1.60. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations if you happen to have any!

Not sure if you have any tips regarding this, but I'm getting an error (usually saying something about possible missing dlc) whenever I try to start a race in the c8 mod (whether its the original or with your updated physics) and can't seem to figure out what's causing it. I'm seeing other people reporting the same issue on the c8 mod FB posts and youtube videos, but no one seems to have any answers. I have the Kunos c7 and c7r if that makes a difference, and I'm using CSP v0.1.60. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations if you happen to have any!

Hey there! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I’m trying to figure out why since I couldn’t find anything in the physics data that should prevent it, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in but the only thing I could think of now is something in one of the animations in the original mod was from a DLC car. The wipers and doors aren’t functional so the only animations the car actually uses are steer.ksanim, shift_up.ksanim, and shift_dw.ksanim. Try deleting all of the rest of the files in the “animations” folder and that might help, hope it works!

Hey there! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I’m trying to figure out why since I couldn’t find anything in the physics data that should prevent it, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in but the only thing I could think of now is something in one of the animations in the original mod was from a DLC car. The wipers and doors aren’t functional so the only animations the car actually uses are steer.ksanim, shift_up.ksanim, and shift_dw.ksanim. Try deleting all of the rest of the files in the “animations” folder and that might help, hope it works!

Gave that a try and it's still giving me the missing dlc error. Appreciate the help though!

NewYuriCity updated 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update with a new update entry:

2021 Skins Update + Fixes

So being lucky enough to drive a couple of C8s both on the road and briefly on a track I was honestly expecting to make a lot of changes to the car, but I'm very happy to say I think the actual physics for this is pretty close; at least as close as I can get with my limited ability. So I wanted to release this update mostly to address some cosmetic fixes and to include the updated colors for the 2021 Corvette (Red Mist Tintcoat and Silver Flar), including some extra color schemes. I haven't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I added the skins to the car that I already corrected for myself. I found that the wheelbase and tracks were wrong on the original and ended up remaking the scale of the 3D model to fit the correct physics instead of cheating to fit it under the wrong graphics.

Regarding the colors of the calipers I have a suggestion for you - have them color-coded with the stripes or other bright details to match the scheme.
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_ks_nordschleife_11-1-121-9-33-15.jpg

For that you need to place in the skin's folder a "color-rojo.png" with a small resolution (say, 16x16) and fill it with the same color that you need. In the case of Gulf Livery it is same as the stripes.

In any similar case if you want to change the color of a simple UV mapped mesh you may use CM Showroom
Clipboard01.jpg

Attachments

• color-rojo.png
    color-rojo.png
    104 bytes · Views: 44
I added the skins to the car that I already corrected for myself. I found that the wheelbase and tracks were wrong on the original and ended up remaking the scale of the 3D model to fit the correct physics instead of cheating to fit it under the wrong graphics.

Regarding the colors of the calipers I have a suggestion for you - have them color-coded with the stripes or other bright details to match the scheme.
View attachment 444396
For that you need to place in the skin's folder a "color-rojo.png" with a small resolution (say, 16x16) and fill it with the same color that you need. In the case of Gulf Livery it is same as the stripes.

In any similar case if you want to change the color of a simple UV mapped mesh you may use CM Showroom
View attachment 444398

Great work.

View attachment 444396

View attachment 444398

That's awesome, thanks! The car looks great at the correct scale, I wish I had more 3D ability to correct some of the issues with the original car, i.e. license plate, wheel blur, and the size as you mentioned. Also been playing around with CSP settings to get the paint to look better, for anyone still checking this thread this is what I've used to get it to look a bit better. Just add this into the extension.ini file:

; New car paint
[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = Paint
CarPaintVersionAware = 2

[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
LocalReflectionsForce = 1
FresnelMax = 1.0
FresnelC = 0.2
FlakesK = 1.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.06
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
SpecularColor = 1
SpecularMult = 0.3
SpecularSun = 8, 1000
BrightnessAdjustment = 1.4

CarPaintMaterial = PaintSecondary
CarPaintVersionAware = 2

FresnelMax = 1.0
FresnelC = 0.2
FlakesK = 1.5
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
SpecularColor = 1
SpecularMult = 0.3
SpecularSun = 8, 1000
BrightnessAdjustment = 1.0

CSP settings to get the paint to look better
It's an infinite struggle as it depends too much on the glare settings of the game and ppfilter. For example here's how
Code:
FresnelMax = 0.13
FresnelC = 1.2
FlakesK = 1.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.07
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
SpecularColor = 1
SpecularMult = 0.03
SpecularSun = 30, 500
looks with CSP 0.1.72 and Sol 1.6 clear weather on Spa+winter skin
Clipboard02.jpg
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_spa_12-1-121-4-42-34.jpg
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_spa_12-1-121-4-42-58.jpg
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_spa_12-1-121-4-45-13.jpg
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_spa_12-1-121-4-45-27.jpg

I would ease off the "FresnelMax = " as that makes the reflections on the lower parts on the sides too punchy and artificial. Besides that many other materials need attention - like those brake lights and exhaust rings for a start...

It would be great if you compile a complete config for the car that you have access to IRL. Just don't forget to include a little info on the settings for the PP effects.

Last edited:
Since we opened the topic on the config here's mine at the moment:
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]

[Navigator_StyleModernDark]
Meshes = Lcd_ScreenHub
@ = Navigator_Size, Resolution = "512, 512", Size = "312, 172", Offset = "0, 145", Scale = 2.2
Brightness = 0.5
UPCOMING_TURN_DISTANCE_ROUND_TO = 100

[INCLUDE: common/materials_interior.ini]
DisableDev = 1

[Material_DigitalScreen]
Meshes = Lcd_ScreenHub
MatrixType = TN
ScreenScale = 512
SCreenAspectRatio = 1.0
UseTextureCoordinates = 1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Tyre
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.34
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.03
CULL_MODE = OFF

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = paint1Mtl
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.14
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.13
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 130

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = color1, InteriorTilling?
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.14
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.24

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = color1, InteriorTillingColourZoneA, InteriorTilling
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 15
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.03

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = interior
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 13
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.0
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.1
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 950

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Chrome
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 10
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.8
PROP_... = fresnelC, 1.0

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GlassRedMtl
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 2.8
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 250

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GlassMtl
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 3.0
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2
PROP_... = isAdditive, 0
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.5
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 3950
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 10.1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Coloured, Base
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 4
PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.1
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.01
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 560
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.01
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.5

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = engine
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 3
PROP_... = isAdditive, 0.0
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Grille7A
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 2
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.07
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.05

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Carbon1
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 2.5
PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.0
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.02

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Lights
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.4
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 1050

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Lcd_hub
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 1.5, 1.5, 2
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.27
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Grille1A
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.9
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.27
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 100

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Glass_SUB1
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Coloured2, Rim_?
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Grille7,
BLEND_MODE = OPAQUE

CarPaintMaterial = Paint
CarPaintVersionAware = 2

FresnelMax = 1.0
FresnelC = 0.2
FlakesK = 1.5
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
SpecularColor = 1
SpecularMult = 0.3
SpecularSun = 8, 1000
BrightnessAdjustment = 1.4

CarPaintMaterial = PaintSecondary
CarPaintVersionAware = 2

FresnelMax = 0.06
FresnelC = 1.2
FlakesK = 1.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.07
ColoredSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
SpecularColor = 1
SpecularMult = 0.03
SpecularSun = 30, 500

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_ks_black_cat_county_12-1-121-10-6-57.jpg
    Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_ks_black_cat_county_12-1-121-10-6-57.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
leather.jpg

Looks like someone didn't quite get the desired result in the released car. CSP code to fix this shader mishap

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = color1, InteriorTillingColourZoneA, InteriorTilling
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 15
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.03
RESOURCE_0 = txNormal
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = leather_nm.dds
Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_arona_12-1-121-11-57-55.jpg

Nice!! I'll definitely give your config a try, I'm pretty crap and anything and everything to do with art/modeling so I'm sure this will be an improvement. I've been playing with ways to get more data on the gauge cluster like lap times and fuel to no avail yet, as well as potentially getting HUD to work, but I fear that may be beyond my ability. I have been thinking of uploading an update with different LOD settings because the ones I have now annoy me but if you're ok with me adding your config (and obviously crediting you) I'd be happy to include it because it definitely makes the car look better!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%