2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update

Misc 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
NewYuriCity submitted a new resource:

2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update - Physics update for a more realistic representation of C8 Corvette, along with some other fun add-ons

**Please note this requires that you have the C8 mod created by Nicolas Devoto that has been making it's rounds around the internet. It still uses the C7 sound and fonts so I can't remember if that was in a DLC, but you'll also need the kunos C7 one way or another. I've seen physics updates before so I don't think this is taboo since everything I've included is original but this is the first time I've posted a mod like this, so go easy on me guys!J

My main goal in this was to make the car...

Read more about this resource...

What's up with the front toe being approx 0.6? That's not normal. Also, do you know why I can't mod the tires with this car and some others? I prefer to use kunos tires even if they aren't a perfect fit.

You're right! Toe was way off, surprisingly didn't feel too weird but was off and would've destroyed tire wear. Update posted with the correct suspension geometry, thanks for the heads up though!

acs 2020-05-18 22-51-27.png

As far as tires are you using CM to replace the tires? It should be working, but tires were modeled based off of Kunos tires so they should be realistic.

Hey buddy great add-on completely loving it, i found two issues though:
- a Ferrari logo is displayed in the loading menu (not a big issue )
- No automatic option, only manual ( funny because automatic is the only available option irl)

Hey buddy great add-on completely loving it, i found two issues though:
- a Ferrari logo is displayed in the loading menu (not a big issue )
- No automatic option, only manual ( funny because automatic is the only available option irl)

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're liking it! I'll post an update today with the logo added but before I post I want to make sure I get your transmission options fixed, it's worked for me in automatic mode but I've updated the AI so that that should work better with the lower redline (original mod had a 7000 RPM redline, now has a 6500 RPM redline with 6600 RPM fuel cutoff). Are you using content manager? And just to be sure when you say it's only working in manual you mean with paddles, not with an H-pattern and a clutch pedal, right? It DEFINITELY shouldn't be working with an H-pattern (unfortunately, RIP manuals)

NewYuriCity updated 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Physics Update with a new update entry:

Minor Updates

Updated ai.ini to match corrected RPM limit. AI worked fine for me prior but just in case it was becoming an issue for anyone else, figured it can't hurt
Corrected name in car.ini so it's more legible
Updated sounds.ini for outroof so that there's more wind noise (this is the only data based difference between the two versions)
Added Chevrolet logo.png so the right logo loads (no fake Ferrari badges here!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not sure If anyone else has the issue of the AI not shifting out of neutral?

So I was having that issue when driving and then hitting the ctrl+c command to let AI take over but I couldn't figure it out, and AI still worked fine when driving against them for me so I thought that was weird. Haven't figured it out yet, is the AI staying in neutral when you try racing against them?

I see there is a data folder as well as a data.acd file. Which data is correct?

So I was having that issue when driving and then hitting the ctrl+c command to let AI take over but I couldn't figure it out, and AI still worked fine when driving against them for me so I thought that was weird. Haven't figured it out yet, is the AI staying in neutral when you try racing against them?
Yes they were staying in neutral when I tried racing them. They wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. I'm about to try your most recent update.

I see there is a data folder as well as a data.acd file. Which data is correct?

Assetto Corsa will always read the data.acd file first, but since the original mod was unpacked I didn't want to create any confusion so I left the data unpacked for anyone that might want to look at it or play with it. If you want to try changing the data just change the data.acd file to data.acd.backup or something like that and the game will read data from the data folder instead of the data.acd file. Right now both data folders and data.acd match each other, but changing anything in the data folder won't affect the car in game as long as data.acd is present.

Yes they were staying in neutral when I tried racing them. They wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. I'm about to try your most recent update.

That is really strange, let me know if the most recent update fixes that and I'll look into a possible solution regardless.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're liking it! I'll post an update today with the logo added but before I post I want to make sure I get your transmission options fixed, it's worked for me in automatic mode but I've updated the AI so that that should work better with the lower redline (original mod had a 7000 RPM redline, now has a 6500 RPM redline with 6600 RPM fuel cutoff). Are you using content manager? And just to be sure when you say it's only working in manual you mean with paddles, not with an H-pattern and a clutch pedal, right? It DEFINITELY shouldn't be working with an H-pattern (unfortunately, RIP manuals)
Its the animation thats funny to me, he looks like he is flicking the drive button everytime I change gear instead of paddle shifting, I was just making a joke about the driver animation. hehe

Thank you for the updates the Ai is working well for me now.

Its the animation thats funny to me, he looks like he is flicking the drive button everytime I change gear instead of paddle shifting, I was just making a joke about the driver animation. hehe

Oh ha!! If you go in the animations folder for the car there’s probably a file from the original called shift.ksanim (I think, I’m not at my computer unfortunately) but when I get home on Sunday I’ll check to make sure I included the shift_up and shift_down.ksanim files.

Thank you for the updates the Ai is working well for me now.

Great!! Enjoy!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years