Alright when was that again.....?

Tell that to the teammates of Max Verstappen over the last few seasons as they watch him take the top step in an "uncompetitive" car. Or Sebastian Vettel as he languishes mid-field while his teammate gets a podium. Or Alonso when he dragged a piece of crap Ferrari far higher in the championship standings than it ever deserved to be. There are plenty of examples from F1 history which prove that the driver can make all the difference in the performance of a car.

Since Nico never really had a chance in a GP winning car he was fully familiar with, we don't know if he is a driver that can make a big difference or a small one. However, since he out-qualified his temporary teammate (and out-raced him for the most part) at such short notice, I think it's fair to say that he's a better driver than people give him credit for.

Come on, look at Le Clerc's best result in the Sauber, then as soon as he got into the Ferrari look at his results... Look at Alonso in the Mclaren 'GP2 engine' nowhere....

Lewis in the Alfa may well beat his team mate, but he ain't being WDC or winning a race, ever....FACT.

Come on, look at Le Clerc's best result in the Sauber, then as soon as he got into the Ferrari look at his results... Look at Alonso in the Mclaren 'GP2 engine' nowhere....
Where did I suggest that the car makes no difference to where a driver finishes in a race? Nowhere. I simply refute that the driver of a car has "a very small difference" on it's performance, given that the evidence shows otherwise. The driver can drag even a crap car to heights that it would not normally achieve.

Why did LeClerc get a chance to drive for Ferrari? Because he made that crappy Sauber do things it shouldn't have been able to do. ;)

Where did I suggest that the car makes no difference to where a driver finishes in a race? Nowhere. I simply refute that the driver of a car has "a very small difference" on it's performance, given that the evidence shows otherwise. The driver can drag even a crap car to heights that it would not normally achieve.

Why did LeClerc get a chance to drive for Ferrari? Because he made that crappy Sauber do things it shouldn't have been able to do. ;)

But he would not of won a race in it.... so had he stayed at Sauber he'd be no where.

Anyway Ross Brawn just joined the band wagon and has said if Lewis had not of signed for Merc in 2013 then Hulk would of been in the Merc with Rosberg...

So lets imagine Lewis had stayed with McLaren, back then the Merc was, hard to believe,not yet dominant..

We would now be talking of either Rosberg as a 5 times WDC.... or Hulk... or 2 for Hulk 3 for Rosberg etc etc etc....

Either way Lewis would of won nothing...... nothing.

That is how daft F1 is if you use it to support drivers rather than teams...

Hulk and Rosberg would of cleaned up basically... we could now be talking of one of the Nico's as being able to beat Schumys record WDC..... MADNESS.

I think Lewis is the best F1 driver, for whatever that is worth, but if he'd stayed at McLaren he'd of won zilch...... try to tell me i am wrong...

I really like Perez, and don't want him to miss races, but looking at Nico's performance in that pink Mercedes would have been one more element to make the F1 weekends more interesting. So, I'm a little sad about this news, wish we could have seen Nico for two more races in that car.

They will probably already change this 'party mode feature' during upcoming SPA GP.

And the RedBulls are also 'investigated' because it seems the rear wing lowers about 5 cm on a long straight.

AFAIR there was a certain reason for Ricciardo willing to leave RB. Stuff like this for instance
And RB don't wan't more of this in the future. So yes doing sort of well with Albon if they're to stick with their RB program. If not, Hülkenberg is a straight forward choice.

It is, but Albon can't really make a difference right now. At least not enough. It would help RB if he could hold Bottas off a bit more. It will help him a lot if he get some more Q pace. So his starting position will be better.

i do have to agree it's nothing more than a little worse flew (this year only 400 ppl die from the flew in the netherlands and 5000 of covid.........2 years back it was 4500 on flew.
If it's a virus than Perez would still be a carrier of the virus.........

i do have to agree it's nothing more than a little worse flew (this year only 400 ppl die from the flew in the netherlands and 5000 of covid.........2 years back it was 4500 on flew.
If it's a virus than Perez would still be a carrier of the virus.........
Exactly they are adjusting the numbers to suit whatever agenda they are pushing but anyone who takes a bit of time and do a bit of research can see right through it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back