Alright when was that again.....?

But Albon is of hardly any use for the team at this moment, great achievement that he drives from 9th to 5th. Or from last to 5th. or whatever great overtaking he does during a race...
Helping the team with alternate setups as a benchmark, or driving in between RB/Max rivals is out of question. He never was even near Verstappen with the current car (which is a bitch to drive fast in qualy).
Instead he was battling with with formula 1.5 cars again.
That takes a toll on your ego, tires and laptimes.
You are right. I am disappointed with Albon actually, I really had thought that he has what it takes to put both RBs in the frame. Just one RB, even driven by a special talent in Max, gives Merc much more flexibility on strategy. Max did do it all on his own on Sunday but opportunities like that are rare as hen's teeth against Mercedes.

You are right. I am disappointed with Albon actually, I really had thought that he has what it takes to put both RBs in the frame. Just one RB, even driven by a special talent in Max, gives Merc much more flexibility on strategy. Max did do it all on his own on Sunday but opportunities like that are rare as hen's teeth against Mercedes.

Well, this has been an endless discussion since RB put Verstappen in their primary seat.
Any rider from RB's own stable will be exposed in direct comparison to Max. So the discussion turns back and forth which 2nd driver RB should replace in their puzzle. And now talks about a Gasly return. But even if the junior program seems (a bit) to vague I'm pretty sure RB will not deviate from their foundation and hire an 'external' top driver

I think RB is prettyhappy with the state of things. History has in general shown a consistent division of roles has a benefit, especially with an ace driver being a part of it. I'm not convinced that another B-driver from the RB program will deliver more points to the calendar compared to Albon, though he had been off to a bad season start. Think he will learn and catch up on it.

The tires just suited RedBull better today.
Pirelli mandated higher pressures to stave off what happened last week.
I'm not sure even if Mercedes started on the 'hards' they could have gotten it done.
The higher low-speed torque, high pressures and high down-force setup simply chewed through those tires... in barely five laps....for both drivers.
The RedBull's tires barely had any wear at the end.

Well, this has been an endless discussion since RB put Verstappen in their primary seat.
Any rider from RB's own stable will be exposed in direct comparison to Max. So the discussion turns back and forth which 2nd driver RB should replace in their puzzle. And now talks about a Gasly return. But even if the junior program seems (a bit) to vague I'm pretty sure RB will not deviate from their foundation and hire an 'external' top driver

I think RB is prettyhappy with the state of things.

They shouldn't be happy. They are the second best team on the grid and their driver lineup should reflect this. As long as they can't find a solid #2 driver, they will lag behind Mercedes in the point standings and maybe in car developpement, if they don't get good feedback from two reliable drivers instead of just one. They used to have a great combination of drivers with Vettel and Webber. Same with Ricciardo and Verstappen. But ever since Ricciardo left, they've struggled to find a worthy replacement. I don't know if this is the result of poor scouting on their part, but they should seriously consider signing an experienced driver to pair with Max. Perez would be a good choice: he won't beat Max, but he will deliver nonetheless and bring a good chunk of change too. Or maybe Hulkenberg?

Not great quality better then nothing
Good races as always

Lewis could buy a 2 car team make into British academy
Could give Nicolas a career after driving in team management ;)

Well done Nic best finish was 32nd last year
Brands Hatch Race 1 he came in 22nd

Bottas definitely got screwed by his own team to give Hamilton the win. I don't think he'll ever be let win a championship with Mercedes no matter how good he is. Not unless Hamilton left the team at least.

Great to see Red Bull be competitive. If Albon could get better qualifying results he'd be a real threat during the race.

They shouldn't be happy. They are the second best team on the grid and their driver lineup should reflect this. As long as they can't find a solid #2 driver, they will lag behind Mercedes in the point standings and maybe in car developpement, if they don't get good feedback from two reliable drivers instead of just one. They used to have a great combination of drivers with Vettel and Webber. Same with Ricciardo and Verstappen. But ever since Ricciardo left, they've struggled to find a worthy replacement. I don't know if this is the result of poor scouting on their part, but they should seriously consider signing an experienced driver to pair with Max. Perez would be a good choice: he won't beat Max, but he will deliver nonetheless and bring a good chunk of change too. Or maybe Hulkenberg?

It would be embarrassing and a tough one to swallow for RB to admit their expensive junior program has failed. But I see your point.
I'm afraid Checo could bring trouble, though he'll ad experience, good inputs and money to the team. He is in his dime and seemingly trying to get the most out of the show. Remember the internal intermezzos with Ocon for instance. And Checo still wants to go forwards.
Hülkenberg seems a good choice.
But still I'll be quite surprised if RB decides to neglect their comprehensive driver program.

I just remembered Max is second in the standings eventhough he DNFed in the first race. Pretty impressive given the Merc advantage.
Albon needs to be better in quali it’s pretty evident he’s fast in race pace. That’s why I don’t think replacing him with Perez isn’t optimal, as his quali pace is worse than his race pace and craft which are both impressive. He probably would’ve done better than Albon In wuali in these few races, but there’s no way to answer that. Hope RB don’t Gasly him and give him a chance to figure it out.
Bottas: I dunno man got screwed by the strategy obviously, but he’s on the receiving end way too often. There’s just something missing. Even if the team is building the car for Lewis, he should try to adapt better to the car. Just my two cents.

Bottas just doesn't seem to have that 'killer instinct', to me. It's very rare that he puts up much of a defense against a driver attacking him; generally he just gives in almost immediately :(

ej77rs53h1k01.png

Bottas just doesn't seem to have that 'killer instinct', to me. It's very rare that he puts up much of a defense against a driver attacking him; generally he just gives in almost immediately :(

You can't defend against a DRS + fresher tire overtake, or well you can by choosing the inside as Bottas did, but then you'll get passed on the outside. Happened to Hamilton as well last year in USA when Bottas passed him in the final laps. Without DRS he would have had a chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back