Who do you think will win the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2020 70th Anniversary Grand Prix

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Second time around and with new tyre compounds to play with, will try #2 produce a better Grand Prix, or is Lewis Hamilton on his way to a second consecutive weekend of celebrating a home win?

Will the tyres last? Will Ferrari find some pace? Can Nico Hulkenberg actually make the race start? Lots of questions, and a weekend in which to find out...

Let us know your thoughts on who you think will win in the poll above.

Silverstone footer.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Reactions: EduCalza

safi hellie

250RPM
Jul 18, 2019
Not last week ;)
You must of watched a different race to me then...or are you talking about 2 leading cars getting punctures? Hmmm, yeah that is normal...

If the Mercs were about as good as the Red Bull it would be amazing...

What we actually get is class A with 2 cars...then class b where it is exciting....then class z Alfa , williams...

Turk

1000RPM
Jul 29, 2011
Mercedes seem to have a pretty big advantage at Sliverstone, I doubt that's going to change in a week. It's between Hamilton and Botas.

The rest of the field is very close Max seems to be a solid 3rd place with most of the interesting battles happening behind him.

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
Mercedes seem to have a pretty big advantage at Sliverstone, I doubt that's going to change in a week. It's between Hamilton and Botas.

The rest of the field is very close Max seems to be a solid 3rd place with most of the interesting battles happening behind him.
Bottas signed new contract so that's him back to v1.0, as every time when he signs. :D

Richard Hessels

1000RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2008
If tyres don't go pop this time, there is a fair chance of the least exciting race of the season.
Was some pieces of carbon debris standing up straight between some curbstones.
Very small, but big enough make little cuts, every lap a few more.
That's why many drivers had cuts in their tires.
The fixed the cavities between the stones now, they can't get stuck anymore.
They extended another curbstone with about 30 meters.
So should be better now.

Mr Latte

2000RPM
Premium
Jun 2, 2016
I think Mercedes should have to race with 3 tyres on their cars to help balance things and keep it interesting at the front.

• Haha
Reactions: Ulfhedinn

Ulfhedinn

I WANNA GO FAST !!!
Nov 26, 2019
I've started a new thing lol I just put the live time leaderboard on my second screen and let it run while working.....

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
Premium
May 5, 2014
Voted Lewis but hope somebody else wins to break the monotony of the current F1 yawn train. Also, gone off Lewis over the last 18 months due his political ramblings and public outbursts......lost a lot of cred for being a hypocrite in my eyes but hey, thats MHO.

I'm supporting Lando and George now. Come on lads.