GT Sport 2019 Super Formula Coming to GT Sport

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital has announced the 2019 Dallara Super Formula car will be coming soon to GT Sport.

The main open wheel category of racing in Japan, formally known as Formula Nippon, the Dallara designed and built SF19 is set to make its way into Gran Turismo Sport according to Polyphony Digital - giving a virtual debut to the impressive new car ahead of its on track running in the 2019 Super Formula championship.

Adding the Halo device for the first time this season, and benefiting from increased aerodynamics over previous generations of the car, the 2019 Super Formula category is excepted achieve lap times up to two seconds faster than the 2018 machine - although not at Formula One levels of pace, still a very nice addition to the high end range of cars in GT Sport.

As part of the new content, it is expected that the game will also receive a new feature to support the real world boost options from the Super Formula category. With the standard car running at 550hp, activation of the boost feature increases horsepower to upwards of 600 hp for a 20 second period - a feature designed to aid overtaking within the category.

It is expected that the new content be made available in GT Sport in just a few short days. Watch this space...

GT Sport Super Formula SF19 1.jpg
GT Sport Super Formula SF19 2.jpg

GT Sport is available now for PlayStation 4

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

This is all well but the AI is still so slow.
Ok so when i race AI (same category, hardest setting) i noticed that while AI are very racey with one another, fighting and all that, even with you it is still very noticeable that they are much slower than you on most parts of the tracks, like they brake and lift off in areas you are flat out, noticeable at Bathurst on which i race a lot

Ok so when i race AI (same category, hardest setting) i noticed that while AI are very racey with one another, fighting and all that, even with you it is still very noticeable that they are much slower than you on most parts of the tracks, like they brake and lift off in areas you are flat out, noticeable at Bathurst on which i race a lot
It's funny how codemasters f1 games are the exact opposite of this (f1 2018 is a little better than previous ones) and i thought that's bad! and they should be attacking each other more and not be aggressive only on me, and now with the point you've mentioned i can see it's bad the other way around too. that's the kind of feedback i need before buying GT sport for my new console , i should think more about it or at least test it on a friend ps4.

That's because racing against AI is just for a training purposes. The real battle comes with daily/FIA races :)

Never seen these cars before. It's as if they were designing it and when it came to the wheelbase they were like "longer, longer, loooooonger, loooooooooooonger....there we are".

Yeah they are pretty big cars, not much smaller than an F1 machine. They used to be seriously quick pieces of kit and most drivers went there rather than the old F3000 (it used to be easier to get the budget too, not so much now).

Nice looking machine though, shame about the HALO. Hoping that after a few more years it can be blended into the car designs a bit more. At the moment it still looks like such an afterthought, lol.

EDIT: They are still pretty quick, 1m 35s vs. around 1m 28s in the F1 car at Suzuka.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing