RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having issues myself, after rig rebuild, every other sim I have works fine, AMS, keep getting the message a file is missing or corrupt, it will be downloaded but never does! Have removed all the folders from previous accounts, open as admin, whatever. No matter what I try it refuses to start. Very close to giving up trying. Why does only AMS ever give me this sort of grief. :mad::mad:
Maybe there's an issue with the "d3d9.dll" (reported by others in Reiza forum). Rename or delete the file in AMS folder and try again.

Maybe there's an issue with the "d3d9.dll" (reported by others in Reiza forum). Rename or delete the file in AMS folder and try again.
Thanx Frank, when I've finished downloading from Steam for the fourth time, I will indeed do that and verify files again. Last time I had this issue it was old profiles confusing the poor thing, bless. :rolleyes:
Got to get back for Hockenheim, now we're shot of you that is! :laugh:

It may also be the lack of DirectX9 installation? You could try and manually grab and install that, I can recall that giving me some troubles sometime back with older games (Win10 doesn't contain all DX9 components by default).

Having issues myself, after rig rebuild, every other sim I have works fine, AMS, keep getting the message a file is missing or corrupt, it will be downloaded but never does! Have removed all the folders from previous accounts, open as admin, whatever. No matter what I try it refuses to start. Very close to giving up trying. Why does only AMS ever give me this sort of grief. :mad::mad:
I had the same issue a few months ago, in my case, it was the Anti-Virus software's (AVG) fault, the AMS.exe got deleted every time I pressed play on Steam. I had to add the AMS main folder to the exception list.

@Yetch
In my case I thought it was the the nvidia driver, but I rolled back to the previous one and the problem persisted (game starts ok, but as soon I went in car to the track, the game crashed to windows...). Also, on " Checking integraty of files/Steam", always had 1 file misssing... Then i wondered that the only other thing I did differently yesterday, was change the game-select in SimHub (chose Automobilista instead of RF1- @Martin Fiala warned NOT to use AMS select for some reason:O_o:...).
So I replaced the .dll for the RF1 one, and that was it! Solved:p...
So, long story short Paul, watch your pesky Plug-in's closely;)
Cheers mate

@Yetch
In my case I thought it was the the nvidia driver, but I rolled back to the previous one and the problem persisted (game starts ok, but as soon I went in car to the track, the game crashed to windows...). Also, on " Checking integraty of files/Steam", always had 1 file misssing... Then i wondered that the only other thing I did differently yesterday, was change the game-select in SimHub (chose Automobilista instead of RF1- @Martin Fiala warned NOT to use AMS select for some reason:O_o:...).
So I replaced the .dll for the RF1 one, and that was it! Solved:p...
So, long story short Paul, watch your pesky Plug-in's closely;)
Cheers mate
Have just the bare game installed (4th time I've uninstalled/reinstalled since last night) have no plugins, unless they come with the game in first place. Have tried everything I know (remember more like), annoying thing is I didn't touch my PC, every other sim just started as it did before. Balderdash!

I had the same issue a few months ago, in my case, it was the Anti-Virus software's (AVG) fault, the AMS.exe got deleted every time I pressed play on Steam. I had to add the AMS main folder to the exception list.
Cheers, one of first things I thought of, had an issue with BD and RR in the past, running Win defender on my gaming rig as every other antivirus causes issues with one thing or another.

was change the game-select in SimHub (chose Automobilista instead of RF1- @Martin Fiala warned NOT to use AMS select for some reason:O_o:...)
The reason is that if you use both Crew Chief and SimHub, then currently each of them uses a different version of the data collection plugin for AMS, so the versions clash and you can only get one of those working, either SimHub or CC, not both at the same time. The workaround for now is to just install the Crew Chief version of the plugin and then select rF1 instead of AMS in SimHub (because the plugin is basically an rF1 plugin). This way, both apps work.

The best solution would be if Crew Chief has updated its plugin to the same version SimHub uses, but so far it hasn't happened (the dev is aware of the issue).

The reason is that if you use both Crew Chief and SimHub, then currently each of them uses a different version of the data collection plugin for AMS, so the versions clash and you can only get one of those working, either SimHub or CC, not both at the same time. The workaround for now is to just install the Crew Chief version of the plugin and then select rF1 instead of AMS in SimHub (because the plugin is basically an rF1 plugin). This way, both apps work.

The best solution would be if Crew Chief has updated its plugin to the same version SimHub uses, but so far it hasn't happened (the dev is aware of the issue).
Yeah, thank you Martin ... however, yesterday the problem arose without CC on (i just went to try the MINI for the league race - no crewchief needed).
But stupiditly decided to try the "Automobolista" select in Simhub (instead of the proven workable rF1 option) and that triggered a "actions needed">please press the ok button>changing the dll that proved later to be the the problem (first I thought it was the nvidia driver update...)

I regret to report that I have to miss the final round. Tomorrow is my birthday and my wife made surprise plans for me in the morning, just found out...hope you can understand; I practiced all week, but if it’s between disappointing the league or my wife, it’s a no-brainer. Good luck with the final race!

Sorry for the inconvenience but I will not be able to run the next 2 races for the reason that my PC was broken I hope to repair it as soon as possible

Well no matter what I try, AMS refuses to run, have uninstalled/installed 5 times now on 3 different drives, trawled through over 30 pages of suggestions on the forum but sod all works. :(
Nothing was touched on my PC, turned off then back on again, yet AMS has managed to break itself. :rolleyes:
Well great season for me, out of 5 rounds, competed in 2, DQ'd in 1, equipment failure in 1 and to finish in style, can't even get the Sim to work. :thumbsdown:
So through no fault of my own, I will have to retire ungraciously :p from today's event, good luck to all competing, have to watch on TV with a mug of tea and a big fat one instead! :)

Spotter guide for today's race. Good luck all!

RDMC_S11_spotter_guide_r5a.jpg
RDMC_S11_spotter_guide_r5b.jpg

Eugh, AMS hates me!

Absolutely gutted, had a decent lead but had a strange timing glitch and it wasn't counting my laps for some reason. After 2 laps, the game threw me out. Internet never dropped.

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me at another league and cost me a championship there too. I'm so done with this game! Wish it was like rF2 and I could re-join....

Anyway, thanks RD, had a great time this season! And congrats to Ross, who drove superbly

So sorry for you @Chris Butcher this was not the way to end the season.

First race was epic again for me. Great racing with the usual suspects (we met again @Manuel Alves :D) again and really enjoyed battleing with Steveski.

Not sure what happened in race 2 but that was not a worthy end to an (imho) awesome season. Race 2 had some absolute dirty driving by some people.

To wrap up the racing this whole season has been amazingly close and I hope we don't let that feeling be spoiled by the last race.

Special thanks go out to @Davy Vandevenne for the skinpack, @Paul Glover and @Joseph Wright for the great stream every week and @Dave Stephenson for the massive amount of work behind the screens.

Hope to see you all next season again!

Thanks guys for putting this championship together, and well done @Ross McGregor!!!

The second race brought back the worst memories from the RDTCC with the Marcas cars (S9 maybe?). It was bumper cars all around, with some drivers going out of their minds.

BTW, sorry @Craig Patteson for that final turn stall, I had 0.1L less than what was needed to finish the race. Didn't expect it to be a lap longer than the first race was, cost me ten positions, hope it won't affect your overall standing.

Mostly great fun, hopefully a top10 overall finish, and some decent results by @balage06 too for Banzaaaiii TCC! Time to enjoy our beers now! :thumbsup:;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%