RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within 24 hours of the practice is too short. Yesterday was a mess again with people not showing up or reporting absence too late. We have Alex putting tons of time into the spotter guides to find out hours before the race it's incomplete again due to people reporting too late.
I am sorry but we have these rules in place for a good reason.

Guys. Turns out the bitrate used on the stream yesterday was lower than it should be, no one told me about that.... I'm not much of a streamer.

Increased for next week so the quality will be better.

managed to keep it going generally in the right direction (Dave S. did not fare so well I think).

Probably of my own making if anything I think. I was carrying too much speed and didn't lift enough at the entry so had to try and ride it out. It's hard to adjust your line in there once the car is set so I just tried to make sure if the gap began to close it was me that took the hit. Another time we might have ridden it out. I haven't watched the replay but I suspect I probably dropped a wheel on the grass in there somewhere and there's no coming back from that.

Do you mean I am out of the season? :(

"A one time absence is permitted during the season provided you notify the league director within 24 hours of the commencement of the practice session (13:00 UTC), and it is a valid reason"

I sent my absence asap and I didn't know that will cause disqualification.
So sad, I was really excited joinning every race with the community... :(:(:(

dude i got shafted for that aswell... plenty other races about

I must say the way the way the rules are worded is slightly misleading. Although from experience I understood (as I am sure most of us did) that it is meant for the driver to notify the absence up to 24 hours before the beginning of practice, "within 24 hours of the commencement of the practice session" actually means that the driver should notify of his/her absence 24 hours or less before the start of practice, but not earlier. Who knows, maybe it could be the case for some of the absent drivers, they actually complied to the rules. Just saying :) can be an improvement when announcing the rules for the future championships and events :thumbsup:

And about it being a valid reason, anybody can write anything on the internet and we all know it will be believed, so it is a bit of a guilt trip ticket to put that there :p:coffee:

Within 24 hours of the practice is too short. Yesterday was a mess again with people not showing up or reporting absence too late. We have Alex putting tons of time into the spotter guides to find out hours before the race it's incomplete again due to people reporting too late.
I am sorry but we have these rules in place for a good reason.
Hi Bram, you may want to fix the wording on the absence reporting for future leagues. It is slightly misleading. Within 24 hours is too short, however it is worded like this in the rules. I would recommend changing it to "no later than 24 hours before official practice begins". This will certainly avoid further confusion for the people that misunderstood.
I do agree it is a very important rule.

Last edited:
I finally uploaded my video from the race.
Even if it was a start-finish-victory, but this was definitively not that easy as it looks. Paul in 2nd kept the pressure the entire race. I had to push all the time, and in Lap 9 i almost crashed, as i slightly touched the grass in T4. But i could save the car and luckily avoid to crash into the tirewall.
The last 10 minutes the understeer was getting more and more worse. At the finish line my front tires were almost gone.

Will be sign-ups reopened for round 5? Any slot available?
After the report absence misunderstunding and losing all my points I would like to complete the final race of the season (and maybe get some points for the rig giveaway) :thumbsup:

Having issues myself, after rig rebuild, every other sim I have works fine, AMS, keep getting the message a file is missing or corrupt, it will be downloaded but never does! Have removed all the folders from previous accounts, open as admin, whatever. No matter what I try it refuses to start. Very close to giving up trying. Why does only AMS ever give me this sort of grief. :mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back