2019 RD MINI Challenge | Round 5 - Hockenheimring

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 09-02-19
  1. Paul Joseph

Paul Joseph
    The Mighty Forth - Manager (Steam: paul.joseph) Premium

Ratings:
    +128
    Thanks to all the organisers for another fantastic championship, and many congratulations to Ross for coming top of the pile! :thumbsup:

I have to admit that I struggled a lot yesterday with the pace of the field, especially in Race 2, when I saw about 10 cars bearing down on me very quickly and I ended up panicking and missing braking points and running wide. Coming from Division 2 it was a real eye opener! I really hope I didn't get in the way too much.

I was extremely satisfied with my results throughout the season, with a 3rd place finish at Brands Hatch (Div 2), and a 2nd place finish at Oulton Park (Div 2). Division 1 was a bit much, but I somehow finished 10th in race 2, mostly due to a few guys needing fuel at the end.

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    Another intense weekend this time around, and happy to have eventually managed to just break into the 2:03 territory for quali - but wait, all the fast Division 2 guys moved to Division 1 for this race... Nevermind then :rolleyes:

Well, there were still some very fast guys to battle with, kudos to @Luka Berk for having taken two second places and thus being the biggest point winner of the weekend. We had our shoves and our door scraps, but managed to keep all cars on the road, until I had a brain fart and went way too wide on the last left-hander, losing some places :poop: Managed to climb/shove/push my way up to third again but just could not get further - amazing battles the whole time with @Franklin Stegink and @King_of_sertao but that meant going wide sometimes at the beginning of the stadium section. That resulted in getting too many warnings and finally the penalty that was "served ( :whistling: )" on the last lap, not really counting, thus the game giving a hefty but well deserved penalty, which meant a good starting position for race 2 :D

Sorry @M I for the tap; after you ran wide and came back on track I thought we were clear but we just slightly touched our corners, but with dramatic consequences :speechless: A pity as it could have been a great race with you in it.

Congratulations to @Jopamir which made it a portuguese double-win on Division 2, a nice way to end the season :)

For race 2 I found myself at the head of the starting pack again, but this time with some other fast guys that had suffered the same game penalty as me. Knowing @Trebormoore84 is fast I tried to get ahead as soon as possible, and luckily for me he got in a scrap with @Jivesauce so I could open a confortable gap til the end.

It was a blast to participate in this season - I would like to thank first of all the drivers that showed up so that we could all race together, I hope you also enjoyed it despite everybody's highs and lows! Not only on track but also off, where I learned quite a few things when sharing tips and techniques with other drivers; I felt I was improving race after race!

Also a great appreciation goes to all the RaceDepartment staff for having organized these races, for having compiled a huge skin-pack, for having supplied us with great spotter guides and for having broadcast all the races with enjoyable and entertaining commentary :thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy:

And last but not least, congratulations to @Ross McGregor, not only for winning a second championship with the Minis ( :confused: :alien: ), but for having delivered a great show with @Chris Shepherd @Chris Butcher @Matt Le Gallez @Craig Patteson @TobiasR and, well, most of the Division 1 drivers really; nobody just playing the points game but instead fighting every race, making it a delight for us to (re-)watch :inlove:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    First of all i'd like to thank the staff for organizing the Mini Challenge. Thanks for all the effort and the hard work. It was my first season here, racing with you guys, and i had a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

In this final round at Hockenheimring i was finally in Div1.:cool: First race was already a very tough one, but i was really happy to reach the Top10.
    Well ..... and then ....... race 2 happened.:O_o:
    With reversed grid it was expected that i get literally overrun in first lap by the fast guys. I had absolutely no problem with that. But the longer the race takes, the more of bad driving behavior came to light. It starts with lack of situational awareness, continues with disrespecting opponent lines, and ends with pushing opponents off the track. I don't call names, but i have no clue what was going on. :( In the end it casts a little bit of a shadow on this overall exciting season.

However, congratulations to @Ross McGregor for winning this Mini Challenge.:thumbsup: (...again);)

Also congrats to JP for gaining a victory in Div2. Well done, mate :thumbsup: @Jopamir

So here's my video from Round 5.

See you all next time.;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Matt Le Gallez

Matt Le Gallez
    Shaping up a new jump here, just gonna send it! Premium

Ratings:
    +470
    What a season!

First of all, well done to @Ross McGregor on a great championship. Awesome driving from start to finish, great job mate.

The two Chris's @Chris Butcher and @Chris Shepherd drove brilliantly all season and without the issues they both came across, they would have both been fighting Ross for the championship win.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole season, thanks go to @Bram Hengeveld and @Dave Stephenson for organising, @Davy Vandevenne for the skinpack and @Joseph Wright, @Paul Glover and @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan for the awesome broadcasts. :thumbsup:

It really is a shame that our viewers had to see what went on during Race 2 at Hockenheim, as I believe this is the complete opposite to how the rest of the league went and how we are expected to behave on track.

See you at the next one guys, and I hope it's as great as this one has been! :inlove::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  5. Jivesauce

Jivesauce
    Premium

Ratings:
    +17
    First off Ernie, I want to say congrats on moving up and it was fun to get to race with you a couple times before you moved on. You, and the others that went with you, showed that the difference between Div. 1 and Div. 2 overall wasn't as large as might be expected. I don't know if anyone else paid any attention to lap time differences between the two divisions, but there was significant overlap by the last few races. The Div. 2 guys really stepped it up over the course of the event. With all that being said...

Ooooof this video you've posted of race 2, my god. Many people had alluded to something but I hadn't watched the official broadcast yet, and I notice that portion has been cut out of the official version posted on Youtube though not the Twitch VOD. I see only 11 people have watched your video, but starting at 43:20 is some absolutely shameful driving by that person and I'm sorry it ruined your race. I also feel terrible for Matt Le Gallez who, I believe, had his chance of 3rd place overall badly damaged by this same incident. What an unfortunate thing to happen at the very end of a great series.

Edit: Or did Le Gallez finish 2nd overall despite all that? That's good at least.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jayjfinn

jayjfinn
    Balderdash Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you all for making the series such a fun experience :thumbsup: My only goal was to enjoy some fair racing and have fun; results and points and stuff was secondary. Considering I didn't practise one bit I think I did quite well in the end :whistling:

Congratulations to @Ross McGregor and thanks to the RD staff for running the show and giving me the opportunity to take part :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    Indeed absolutely bizarre behaviour from a staff member.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just KeepOnGoing " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Thanks Ernie:thumbsup:
    Congrats on your good performance with the big guys too. We trained you well, here at humble Div.2 ehehe :p

Congrats @Ross McGregor for the outstanding driving and well deserved victory. Also your Amazing battles companions too, @Chris Butcher (most unlucky), @Chris Shepherd and @Matt Le Gallez. Awsome to watch those racing fights guys! Thanks:)

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer Racer in Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +719
    Any idea when the results will be confirmed :)

10. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,968
    After any incident reports have been closed by the stewards.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +825
    I'm trying to get them to deduct points from @Craig Patteson for no reason, they ain't having it! ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
  12. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer Racer in Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +719
    I wonder why miss patteson I’m not from Harry Enfield and friends haha

• Haha Haha x 2
  13. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +825

• Haha Haha x 2
  14. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    One last mention to the commentary team. Great job, but a bit harsh on me in the final race fellas! The amount of times in this league I got bumped about and you decide to pick on a couple of mine in the final race! :D:p

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,968
    We picked on a few people this time out ;) you certainly picked up the pace the second half of the season. Cant wait for you to gain some consistency :p In all seriousness youve had a good season and itll be good to see how you develop in the future. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    Haha you guys sure did, was great to listen to. it must not be easy commentating when there is so much action going on ;)
    Cheers, being my rookie season I definitely need to learn that consistency and race pace. Fingers crossed I'll learn haha.

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.