2019 RD MINI Challenge | Round 3 - Red Bull Ring

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 26-01-19
  1. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    Definitively no extra boost.:D I was driving with rearwing 1. I think the formula is to drive smoothly and carrying as much speed as possible through the turns. Brake early and not too late to keep the momentum. And in specific braking zones i kept a little bit of throttle to stabilize the Mini. That's it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +357

Really sorry about that Ross. I was caught out by your braking into T3. Felt pretty sheepish about that one. I did my best to wait for you, but you had a puncture so it was a moot point.

It's a real shame, I was looking forward to a good battle but there's only me to blame there really. Anyone that knows me knows that isn't the way I race, so I can only hope that any potential penalty that is levied ends up redressing the standings as best as possible.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    Great to watch the races with commentary on top, really adds another dimension to it, especially considering the amount of action on both races this time out! And @Matt Le Gallez what a move on race two, that's the proper fighting spirit right there :notworthy::thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  4. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    I want to make excuses at race two in division 2.

I totally misbrake at turn 1 and i hit a couple of drivers.
    Totally my mistake and a shame for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Make sure you have autolift and autoblip disabled. This seems to be significantly faster without these assists

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    Gawd knows why :rolleyes: but I endured both races yet again, first pure torture watching ones name tumble down the leaderboard like a diving Sparrow! :sick: Then to follow that with my pathetic attempt to outrun you :rolleyes:
    Well done Frank, deserved brace, at least we should be shot of you for next week! :thumbsup: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Murat Erdogdu

Murat Erdogdu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    Thank you Bram. I will try it next time. Actually i will try it at Redbull ring to see the difference ☺

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Bloody hell, this is why I've been so slow on the straights!:D I did a clean install before the first round and accidentally left these settings on... Thanks for the info!

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. elkrack2

elkrack2
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    I do not understand why I was sancionated in the second race

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.