2019 RD MINI Challenge | Round 2 - Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 19-01-19
  1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Guys to avoid further discussion. Paul jumped the gun here as we briefed all the drivers via a conversation message that we go with in-game cutting rules as AMS has some if not the best build in cut detection.

You can go as wide or as tight as the game reasonably allows you. We had the question in the preQ at Suzuka if you can plough through the gravel trap and short cut and win time: no, you can't. For the rest we go with the in game cut detection which prevents you to gain time around the track.

So please ignore the post with the quote from the rulebook.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    Here's my video from Round 2.
    Not really exciting to watch, i guess. So i fully understand, if you fall asleep. :sleep: ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +822
    Yeah sorry guys, would seem running different rules which I was not briefed about.

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Race Report
    Ouch, where to start. I had the speed to do a good qualification lap but somehow couldn't connect the dots during the official timed session. A P16 was the best I could do it seem, way off my fastest pb.

This meant I had to gamble for the race and take a big risk. For some reason I thought that going with a half filled tank and a refuel and fresh rubber at my scheduled pitstop was a good idea (at least in my head it was :D). I planned to start super aggressive and be at least seconds faster per lap than my opponents and I would be the star of the show overtaking everybody!!!1!11!!eleven!

How wrong I was. My speed with half a tank barely matched the guys I just managed to overtake and arriving at P11 or something I had no answer to guys like Lucas Berk being so much faster than me.

Oh well, consolidate! I steered away from the battle I was in and went into pitlane. I pressed the pitlimiter to avoid going over 50km/h and checked my speedometer showing: 52km/h. WTH! I just pressed....my LCD button instead of the pitlimiter.

But! Maybe Charly Whiting didn't see it. Let's drive 45km/h in the rest of the pitlane and I will be fine as I compensated my speeding enough, right?. Did my pitstop and changed two instead of the four planned tyres (i know I am really naughty) added the fuel and went off again with 48km/h, still compensating :). Going over the line that marks the end of the pit: PENALTY FOR SPEEDING IN THE PITLANE. Charly sees everything :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Had to come in again a lap later. Race ruined and I decided to avoid the 4x cut warning and finish the race. Shook my head to a few drivers deliberately going for a DNF (you know you don't get any points, then why hit that esc button and demote yourself?) and finished in 21 which is barely enough to stay in server 1 for the next race I think.

Hope for a better result again in Austria :)

• Beer Beer x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. paulbee058

paulbee058
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Thoroughly enjoyed our clean/fair race Franklin and JP

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
  7. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +380
    Are you getting out to the grid before the countdown ends? If you're not out on track before it reaches zero the game will start you from the pits.

8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Jep, and then you have to wait until the race starts and the field is passed sector 1 then the light in the pitlane turns green.

9. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    So if one requires a pre race, middle aged :)rolleyes:) visit to the bathroom, one must pull into the side of the track and pee up against the armco? OMG no wonder Europe wants shot of us, we're heathens! :D

• Haha Haha x 3
  10. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just KeepOnGoing " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,120
    Hi Ernie
    I watched your vídeos (Thanks for uploading something for us poor chaps in Div.2 ehehe) and was wondering what is that overlay Hud you use during race?
    Thanks and great race at B.Hatchs soon you will be in Div.1;)
    Cheers

11. Pinsho

Pinsho
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    Here is the final lap from my position @Jopamir! I think you were there... ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann

Ratings:
    +290
    Hi JP,
    about 3 months ago i decided to switch from the default AMS-HUD to the evoHUD+. It's quite easy to install and setup. You can also configure different layouts for different race sessions (e.g. in Practice and Qualifying i have also a Delta timing module enabled, which i don't need during the race).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    Wow, and I thought our race was intense... I just watched the Div1 race now and I think my heart was beating faster now than when we were racing! :confused:
    Amazing skills and composure on display, much respect to all the guys involved in the fight for second place! :notworthy:

EDIT: And I do have to mention the continuous huge improvement on the broadcasting! Round 1 despite its mishaps was already a great step-up from what I had last seen, and Round 2 was indeed even better - well done @Joseph Wright for keeping up with all the action, you're really getting the hang of this, I am sure it is not easy to speak so fast for such a long time! Just need to iron out some bits and bobs now - one tip would be to have a list of the standings on paper next to you, with all the drivers names and numbers (or a spotter guide) so that you can easily mention (correctly :laugh:) who won last race, or who is in what position in the championship, or who is driving car number X. Also have a track map with corners' names with so you can call them while commentating, it adds a nice touch (I know you already had it sorted for Surtees). ;)
    Really great show you guys are putting, thanks for the live timings too @Paul Glover, another good improvement. Two thumbs up for you guys :thumbsup::thumbsup: Keep it up!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,120
    Thanks Ernie :thumbsup:

15. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    I don't know why, but evoHUD+ crashes AMS on my PC.:( I've tried it on multiple occasions through the years, but I always get the same result.

16. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,120
    Hello Ernie
    Is it somehow possible to pass me your layout, any kind of config files to copy/substitute...?
    Thank you

17. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann

Ratings:
    +290
    No problem, mate. You've got PM. ;)

I had no problems to run it. Maybe it's a problem with your installation. Did you use the latest version of evoHUD+ ?
    You should ask for help in the official support-thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.