2019 RD MINI Challenge | Round 2 - Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 19-01-19
  1. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    Daniel, very good race fella well done
    You were in my mirrors alot, i’d get a gap then you would close in again, then i’d see you had company so i knew i could try get away but like yourself my front tires were GONE for the last 10 minutes

Great race guys, congrats to all and well done to frank for locking out pole (i tried) and dominating the race . Great performance

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Paul Joseph

Paul Joseph
    The Mighty Forth - Manager (Steam: paul.joseph) Premium

Ratings:
    +128
    Great race Scott, Daniel and Steve! I haven't enjoyed a race that much in a long time. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    Pretty good event for me- qualie went better than Imola- although I wasn’t quite on the same pace as the practise session. Chris breezed around the outside of druids on lap one after I was way too tentative under braking, but I got him back on lap 2. After that I tried to pull out of the slipstreaming zone and after a few laps I concentrated on saving the tyres. It became much more straightforward with the guys behind battling away. (And it looked pretty ‘interesting’ on the final lap!)

Great broadcast again, and thanks again to the organisers.

Cheers,
    Ross

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +175
    Div 2 was a disaster for me exited out of game due to warping and cars disappearing, reckoned best before I cause a incident. Congratulations to poll finishers.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    To be honest, the first round at Imola left me mildly frustrated, because I didn't feel comfortable enough with the car and then my wheel started to fall apart in the middle of the second race and I ended up last, so there was definitely room for improvement.

This time I missed the first part of qualyfing due to... stomach issues, let's not get into details.:p And I unfortunately messed up both my remaining attempts and ended up 5 tenths away from my best effort in 21st I think.

But the race itself was pretty fun, I had a great battle with @Kresh in the first half of the race, then he had an off after Westfield and I was able to pass him. After that I tried my best to hunt @Manuel Alves down, but my pace just wasn't good enough to catch him before the checkered flag, I finished around 12th in the end.

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    Well that was eventful! Well done to Ross on the victory.

For me I was happy to qualify 9th, even if i had a few more 10ths in me.
    Then the horror start, I had technical issues just when I lined up on the grid for the start. Some windows pop up came up, and when I got back to automobolista the lights just went green and I was in f*ing neautral!!!!!! So completely missed the start and was down to 15th or something after lap 1. Had frame rate issues the whole time as well!!! No issues when I did a practice race run against 24 ai in the morning so I don't know what was up. Maybe my switch to the new evohud but i used it in the test run as well with no issues. Stacked it on lap 2 due to frame rates when I was trying to make a pass and ended up dead last 5 seconds away from 23rd.
    Decided at that point I just needed to settle down and hope others make mistakes or get too many cuts, and made some passes which worked out well and I think finishing 10th was the best I could do in the circumstances. Pretty happy in the end, even though I should have had Matt Cook in the last few laps but missed my brake marker following him closely into Surtees. Frustrating start but then a fun race considering.

Note to self, shut down windows background processes before next race!!!

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,565
    Fun race with some crazy final laps. Going into Druids, 4 wide was interesting to say the least. I was trying to push Chris B. a little bit so he could take the corner and I could possibly do a bit of an over and under. Let's just say someone went underer. Sadly got a penalty shortly after because I was already on my final cut track so a top 5 went up in smoke, but next round at Red Bull Ring looks promising.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    Hello

Anybody know what “pole and 2nd place” qualy times were for DIV 1

Regards

9. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +415
    Anyone in the higher echelons know what happens about my DQ?
    Bit unfair to get DQ'd and not know what for, also what happens about points? I'm now in danger of dropping off the bottom of the list.

11. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    After my crappy race in Imola i was hoping for a better result in Brands. But this went off much much better than expected. I still can't believe, that i even got the Grandslam in Div2. Absolutely crazy.:O_o:
    The only downside was, that i had not a single battle during the race. So unfortunately i missed all the fun.:rolleyes:
    But i tried all the time to keep my concentration and avoid stupid mistakes (like i did in Imola:redface:).

However, i'm very very happy about my result.:cool: :thumbsup:

PS: I just watched the stream of Div1.:alien: Wow! What a battle. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 2
  12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,302
    You crossed the pit exit line.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WeightyLameFluke.webm

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    Division 2:

Again a great race.
    Finished as 9th.

Nive battles with miranda and beechcroft.

Thanks all

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Jivesauce

Jivesauce
    Premium

Ratings:
    +17
    I watched it live, but after having gone back and watched the replay again I'm not convinced Shepherd ever put all four wheels off. I think this screenshot is the furthest inside he ever placed his wheels and to my eyes he still has two on the kerb. It looks like he's going to continue turning further inside from there but if you watch the video he doesn't, he pushes wide at that point. Now, if you asked me if it were a dive-bomb... :whistling: On the other hand the same was done to him and he was pushed to the gravel the turn before, so fair play I suppose! What a race! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

• Beer Beer x 2
  15. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just KeepOnGoing " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,122
    Yes it was , great battles w/ you Franklin and also F. Pina and Paul B.
    Still learning to understand this cars and AMS in general , but I must Thank RD and you guys for all these moments of so much fun, fair racing.
    Congrats podiums and all involved
    Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  16. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +825
    I'm told that is allowed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  17. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    ... i got close to you in qualy (2 tenths, cant mind) but you got away clean frank and just took off, i was going to push harder in the opening laps but i was cautious of hurting my tyres

Congrats on the grandslam

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Jivesauce

Jivesauce
    Premium

Ratings:
    +17
    Yikes, I was basing that post off the real-world club racing rules I'm most accustomed to where the curbing is considered to be part of the racing surface, but it couldn't be any more plainly stated there in your rules. My mistake, apologies!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  19. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Are the provisional results available somewhere?

20. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,850
    Jep once they are ready they will be on the same results and standings page as for the previous events :)

I am still waiting for any incident reports but so far none

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.