2019 RD MINI Challenge | Report Absence

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    scotland always rains fella lol

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,853
    Absence reports can be submitted until 24 hours before the start of the official practice.

3. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    i followed procedure as asked, i reported the abscense due to my planned track day

4. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    why am i under the "removed" section when i made you guys aware that i couldnt make the round well within the correct time frame

5. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    Has to be 24 hours before the official practise session starts buddy.

6. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    i was working 8am-8pm hence why i mailed when i got in.

is that me out the event?

7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,853
    Yes indeed it is. Our rules explicitly state until when you can report absence. That means not in the last 24 hours. There was an entire week to report it so we can update the starting grids in time. Now a driver was promoted to server 1 in the dying seconds which is far from ideal.

8. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    I couldnt report it midweek anyway as i was awaiting conformation from knockhill circuit if my trackday event was going ahead as its been bad weather.

24 hours not enough notice ha! Never mind

9. Luka Berk

Luka Berk
    The speediest of mites Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    I apologize for not showing up on yesterdays race, our internet provider seem to have a complete meltdown as we have no WiFi nor mobile data. Hell, had to go to my grandparents place to get internet access. Again sorry.

10. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +415
    Apologies gents but my hair brained idea of upgrading my rig with a triple monitor stand has just evaporated into a pile of rubble lying in the corner of the room. :rolleyes: Will have to take my leave of round 4, Oulton Park :( gutted but with only 24 hours til lights out, I just don't think I'll make it, will bow out now to let a reserve get some practice in. Points allowing I do hope I will see you at Hockenheim. Good luck all!

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Anders Myhre

Anders Myhre
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    I know ive used my 1 abdcence, but i sadly lost a good friend of mine today so im not able to even think about racing. Im sorry for the troubles this may cause but i hope you understand.

12. Murat Erdogdu

Murat Erdogdu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    I cant race today guys, sorry. I have to work hard this weekend. Have fun all.

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Pinsho

Pinsho
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Hello guys, I'll miss today's race sorry (Oulton Park Div 2). Enjoy and have fun! See you next week!

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Mike McGeer

Mike McGeer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +175
    Just a heads up I live in South Africa where electricity is not a priority of the people that run the country, we have been without power for 4 hours last night and as I am writing this we don’t have power again. If I am able to join today’s event it will be a miracle. I am using my mobile to post this, apologies in advance but somethings are out of our control,
    Power back let’s hopw it stays this way.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  15. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,853
    Absences can be reported until 24 hours before the start of the practice. This means you are both too late.

16. Murat Erdogdu

Murat Erdogdu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    I know the rule but the work assigned to me too late. Sorry for it but i have nothing to do.

17. Pinsho

Pinsho
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Personal problem this early morning, sorry...

18. Pinsho

Pinsho
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Do you mean I am out of the season? :(

"A one time absence is permitted during the season provided you notify the league director within 24 hours of the commencement of the practice session (13:00 UTC), and it is a valid reason"

I sent my absence asap and I didn't know that will cause disqualification.
    So sad, I was really excited joinning every race with the community... :(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,853
    Within 24 hours of the practice is too short. Yesterday was a mess again with people not showing up or reporting absence too late. We have Alex putting tons of time into the spotter guides to find out hours before the race it's incomplete again due to people reporting too late.
    I am sorry but we have these rules in place for a good reason.

20. Scott duncan

Scott duncan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    dude i got shafted for that aswell... plenty other races about

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.