2019 RD MINI Challenge | Report Absence

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,799
    Flyer absence.jpg
    As a signed up driver we expect you to be present during all five rounds. This commitment shows respect to the league, your fellow drivers and the organisation.

A one time absence is permitted during the 2019 season provided you notify the league director within 24 hours of the commencement of the practice session, and it is a valid reason.

2. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    I'm sorry to anounce that I have to withdraw from the Mini Challenge 2019 season due to family issues.
    All the best to all drivers. Again sorry for this late decision.

• Beer Beer x 4
  3. Johnny Stathoros

Johnny Stathoros
    Hellenic Racing Association Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    Unfortunately guys i won't be able to race tommorow...a family issue came up and i won't be home tommorow
    :(

4. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Same here, but my grandfather died today and I certainly wont be racing tomorrow. I know my absence report is late and will obviously accept whatever sanction is deemed required, but I'm still hoping for some understanding.

5. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    As mentioned in the Imola thread, it seems there a high possibility that one of my Formula carbon paddles will fail very soon, so to save a retirement that has a high chance of happening tomorrow, i'm going to have to withdraw from tomorrow's event and take responsibility for any action deemed necessary for the late reporting.

mod-edit: that didn't stop you from streaming the entire weekend live on Twitch did it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  6. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +949
    Try mapping a button for the shifter that's out of action, i did that when i broke my hand a few years ago and it worked a treat!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,799
    Yeah just map another button. This is no reason for a retirement really.

8. Gerard Hatfield

Gerard Hatfield
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    Well I just had an absolute lack of using my "grey matter" moment. I've got the start of race time wrong. I've just got set up and ready to go now only to find out I went full retard. So used to running races at night at RD. Apologies, can't believe I made such a simple mistake :O_o:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trebormoore84

Trebormoore84
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, Apologies, I'm not going to be able to compete this Saturday at round 2 as i'm away on business. Should be the only time this will happen for the series however. If i can carry on at round 3?

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Servers are decided each week from the current championship standings. If your combined points from pre-qualification and round 1 are enough to be in the top 48 at that point you'll get a slot on the server. Any absences that week will raise the cut accordingly so it may be more like top 50-52.

11. Johnny Stathoros

Johnny Stathoros
    Hellenic Racing Association Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    Well I'm sorry to announce that i will also miss round 2 due to the same family health issues again...i know i used my one time absence last week and as much as i would love to race it's much more important that i will be with my family...i don't know if that means that i have to withdraw from the championship or if i become a reserve driver cause i still don't know if i'm going to be able to do any of the last 3 rounds...anyways i take full responsibility for any actions deemed necessary and please tell me how you will procced with this...thank you in advance for understanding.

12. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Pro-Am racing driver... virtually Premium

Ratings:
    +531
    I'm going to have to miss this round too. I was diagnosed with a torn cornea on my left eye yesterday. Saw doctor and thought that would be the end of it but it's worse today so seem a different doctor. Both ended up in hospital visits with very different treatments.
    Right now I'm trying to type this message with one eye whilst in excruciating pain. Sorry but i had no way to see this coming...

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +435
    I am reporting my absence for Round 3, I will be away that weekend on a family trip. If I make the points cut, see you in Oulton Park :)

14. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Pulling out of the championship as I've missed both opening rounds due to death in near family. I will most certainly miss more rounds, therefore I'm giving my space to whoever wants it. Apologies to Bram, the rest of the admin team, the rest of you lot for taking up a space. And to James for making me a brilliant skin but never got to show it. Very much appreciated though.
    Lots of understanding have been shown in PM's, very much thank you to all of you, you all know who you are :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.