RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that all "latecomers" want a simple last-minute-livery, but nobody wanted my Gulf Mini. Seems like i met nobodys taste. No problem. Maybe i'll offer it here later.

Sorry, I didn't read through the whole thread before posting (only read the first and last page, your post was on page 4)...just wanted to get my request out as quickly as possible. I certainly would've taken it if I had seen it; don't read into it too much. Great job on the livery!

Huge thanks to Alex Schmurtz for my livery.

Attachments

• RDCar.jpg
    RDCar.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 146
tell me about it...Car is awful, game play is awful, graphics awful....I played Reiza stock cars better all round game play, so no idea what is wrong with Automobilista. My system is Nvidia 1060, 16gb ram, i7 4th gen, but not impressed with the game......anyways, it is like the car is on ice? but all is fun

tell me about it...Car is awful, game play is awful, graphics awful....I played Reiza stock cars better all round game play, so no idea what is wrong with Automobilista. My system is Nvidia 1060, 16gb ram, i7 4th gen, but not impressed with the game......anyways, it is like the car is on ice? but all is fun

It's effectively a FWD street car with upgraded slick tires and a roll cage. That's it. Drive it at an appropriate speed for the corner and it will behave like it should. At least on my set-up, the Mini feels very weighty and solid--you know when you are asking the front tires to do too much and you know when you have hit the sweet spot of using all four corners of the car optimally to glide through a corner.

Not an easy car to push to the limits, though...

Hi,
is it ok to Pre-Qualy with any car instead of your own(skin)?
Because if I chose my liverie the server says it doesn't recognize that car and kicks me off...
thanks

In truth I am really not that good, but being 'poor' still should allow a lap without falling off. Already I am contemplating quitting...Geez I am sooo frustrated!!!
You need smooth pedal handling with this beast. Try to brake before turning in, gradually ease off the pedal, and hold a minimal throttle input when cornering to keep the back end settled. Be patient on corner exits, only give it full throttle when your steering is nearly straight. You can lift off the gas to get it to rotate better. Wheel should mostly be turned within +-45 degrees range, except for the hairpin and some slower corners. You need to kick the gas on downshifts or the front will bite and throw you off balance. Also shouldn't stomp on the brake, as even with ABS it will loose grip.

It's a really fun car, but hard to push the limits until it all clicks with you. Try to start out slow and increase the speed lap by lap, you'll get there. ;)

Hi,
is it ok to Pre-Qualy with any car instead of your own(skin)?
Because if I chose my liverie the server says it doesn't recognize that car and kicks me off...
thanks
Tamas is right: don't try to use your skin, you need to join the server with one of the original cars. We will provide a skin pack that you will have to download for the next rounds, and then you will have to use your skin. And use your real name in game please.

Good grief almightly FWD deity, I had forgotten how bad the handling of this car was. FWD just does not work for racing cars. Any particular advice from you fast guys how to drive this thing? I cant setup my way out of it since its basically locked. Catastrophic understeer everywhere except lift off where its catastrophic oversteer. I know its classis FWD behaviour, but its extreme in this car. My fronts are nuked after only a few laps which just invokes even more frustrating understeer.
If I behave well and stop smashing Mini's in the wall (I creamed 7 tonight and set 1 timed lap...) can I pick another car? Anything will be fine - gokart, soapbox, wheelbarrow, I'll accept it all :whistling:

Disclaimer: Not knocking anyone at all, just the car.

Nombre del conductor: German Ocon
Nacionalidad: Spain
Nombre del equipo: paquetesin
Número preferido 1: 75
Número preferido 2: 99

would like to take part but how do i get the skin? can you guys help with that?

Hi, the sign-ups have already closed as the series' pre-qualification started already today and the skin deadline was yesterday.

We can't take on any more sign-ups for now but we might re-open signups after round 1 or 2.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back