2019 RD MINI Challenge | Pre-Qualification

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 10-01-19
  1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,291
    So here comes the red face moment...

A small number of drivers were affected by an issue where they would not have a final session recorded in results files, despite having been in the server, visible in replays, and setting valid laps. I was made aware of this early in the week (you may have seen @Manuel Alves post above) and after some testing and verification performed with him it was ascertained that valid laps were indeed being missed.

The code I added to capture these laps contained a bug which resulted in some case in the lap being thrown out as invalid when in fact it was not. Having been notified of incorrect final times this evening and verifying those from results files and replays, the issue was identified and fixed and a new set of standings produced.

Five drivers have improved their times as a result. The changes are as follows:

@Chris Butcher improves and moves from P2 to P3
    @Chris Shepherd improves but moves from P3 to P2
    @Luka Berk improves and remains P4
    @Fatalist88 improves and remains P16
    @Jan Larsen previously listed as no valid lap, moves to P46
    All Drivers from P46 onwards drop 1 place​
    (drivers who's time changed are marked with * in the new results image)

In practice this will only affect points allocation as Jan has excused himself from the race tomorrow. The splits for Servers 1 and 2 remain as posted in the Imola Thread.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +251
    They both moved from P2 to P3?

Not giving you a hard time, as mistakes happen...or maybe I'm misunderstanding this post.

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,291
    fixed. Boy I'm having a great day today.

4. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +255
    Wow! Crazy time has been set. Congrats guys.:thumbsup:
    After visiting some "Mini fridays" the last weeks, i was hoping to be at least in division 1, even if my pace for Suzuka wasn't really competitive. Prequali was challenging at best.:redface:
    But i wonder where all the aliens:alien: were sleeping previously. Seems like they were living under a rock until the start of this new season.:O_o::confused: I'm really stunned by all the laptimes.

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. Chark

Chark
    Premium

Ratings:
    +518
    For the chart fans out there, here is a visual representation of the pre-qualification lap times.
    Mini Challenge 2019 - PreQ.jpg
    Best of luck this season to the TDR drivers @Matt Le Gallez and @TobiasR!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.