Featured 2019 RD MINI Challenge | General Discussion

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +597
    It may also be the lack of DirectX9 installation? You could try and manually grab and install that, I can recall that giving me some troubles sometime back with older games (Win10 doesn't contain all DX9 components by default).

2. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    I had the same issue a few months ago, in my case, it was the Anti-Virus software's (AVG) fault, the AMS.exe got deleted every time I pressed play on Steam. I had to add the AMS main folder to the exception list.

3. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just KeepOnGoing " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,120
    @Yetch
    In my case I thought it was the the nvidia driver, but I rolled back to the previous one and the problem persisted (game starts ok, but as soon I went in car to the track, the game crashed to windows...). Also, on " Checking integraty of files/Steam", always had 1 file misssing... Then i wondered that the only other thing I did differently yesterday, was change the game-select in SimHub (chose Automobilista instead of RF1- @Martin Fiala warned NOT to use AMS select for some reason:O_o:...).
    So I replaced the .dll for the RF1 one, and that was it! Solved:p...
    So, long story short Paul, watch your pesky Plug-in's closely;)
    Cheers mate

4. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    Have just the bare game installed (4th time I've uninstalled/reinstalled since last night) have no plugins, unless they come with the game in first place. Have tried everything I know (remember more like), annoying thing is I didn't touch my PC, every other sim just started as it did before. Balderdash!

5. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    Cheers, one of first things I thought of, had an issue with BD and RR in the past, running Win defender on my gaming rig as every other antivirus causes issues with one thing or another.

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,741
    The reason is that if you use both Crew Chief and SimHub, then currently each of them uses a different version of the data collection plugin for AMS, so the versions clash and you can only get one of those working, either SimHub or CC, not both at the same time. The workaround for now is to just install the Crew Chief version of the plugin and then select rF1 instead of AMS in SimHub (because the plugin is basically an rF1 plugin). This way, both apps work.

The best solution would be if Crew Chief has updated its plugin to the same version SimHub uses, but so far it hasn't happened (the dev is aware of the issue).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just KeepOnGoing " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,120
    Yeah, thank you Martin ... however, yesterday the problem arose without CC on (i just went to try the MINI for the league race - no crewchief needed).
    But stupiditly decided to try the "Automobolista" select in Simhub (instead of the proven workable rF1 option) and that triggered a "actions needed">please press the ok button>changing the dll that proved later to be the the problem (first I thought it was the nvidia driver update...)

8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Hey all.

Final incidents will be dealt with in the coming days. So expect the final series standings before the weekend.

With that will come the results of the big prize giveaway as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  9. Jivesauce

Jivesauce
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    I made a little highlight video of my races from the three weekends I ran, and many of my Division 2 competitors are featured as well. I'm sure the music won't be to everyone's taste, but I wanted a kind of cheesy montage feel, hopefully you can suffer through it :whistling:

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    Sweet, we were close combatants in the couple races I was able to attend (bit too close once). ;)
    I did enjoy competing but have no idea why RD use AMS for such a high profile event, poor @Chris Butcher had his championship stolen through technicalities with the software, which was an issue for myself as well as others. I have been unable to get AMS to run since Austria, have wasted hours on it. :sleep:
    Having owned Mini's myself, I can also say these are not a particularly good representation of the real thing imho. The only up coming event, is the DTM, which although using RR (which is far more stable) why choose cars on the older physics? :O_o: So many great series in RR with great physics, I do hope RD will take advantage of this in the near future! :thumbsup: Just hoping the renewal of the ADAC license recently, eventually leads to the same happening with DTM and we get an up to date series, with a sprinkle of @Alex Hodgkinson magic, as much as I like the series, I'm really not that taken with them as they are. Whether with a default or custom setup, I get this horrendous twitch, which 90% of the time sends me into the barrier or careering off across the landscape.
    Saying all that, only my perspective, think I'm just a bit miffed at being held back by bad health presently and having to watch rather than compete, more often than not. :( This could well all be down to me finding it harder, as I'm way off some of my previous times! :notworthy: What ever the future holds, as long as RD is here to supply just about all my racing needs, I'm happy as a Sandman!
    Good luck to everyone for the draw and a big thanks to all involved in running the event! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,302
    Final standings for R5 and Championship are up.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Jakal31

Jakal31
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    After poor performances in the last few rounds, and lackluster performances all series, I am quite content with where I sit in the final standings. Tying up at P13 overall, after all the struggles, couldn't ask for more really.

This series was a blast, and also a reminder that I should work more on my FWD skills...they are clearly lacking (and it all boils down to technique for me. I've just not quite found it yet as most of my racing is done in quite different cars)

Anyways, just wanted to tie up my participation here with a little something rather than silence.
    I wanted to thank everyone involved in making this series happen, it was surely a huge task to take on, and we all owe the guys willing to do this more than we can possibly give.

THANK YOU!

It was truly an honor to be able to run in this series.
    Stepping back and recalling the last Mini series done here, I recall watching some of the broadcasts thinking, "man, it would be awesome to be part of that"......those were the days before I was more heavily involved in sim racing (didn't even have most of my gear yet, at that point...and it took me some time to acquire)

It's TLDR, but maybe someday I will tell the story of what sim racing has been to me.
    A "life saver" is actually a fitting description, believe it or not! The racing, and the guys I've met along the way are really something special. Love this community, and I'm hooked for life!

Looking forward to whatever is in store for the future..
    Over and out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 4
    • Beer Beer x 4
  13. Chris Shepherd

Chris Shepherd
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Whatever your issues were @Jakal31 , I hope they are no longer life threatening. Wish you all the best, sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.