Featured 2019 RD MINI Challenge | General Discussion

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,777
    Stay tuned for the big announcement tomorrow when we will reveal the title sponsor of the MINI Challenge and the big prize!

• Love Love x 1
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,382
    You mean Mr C big prize :)

3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,382
    It's tomorrow!

4. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,382
    Nvm I'm good

5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,777
    Okay gentlemen and ladies. It seems we have ourselves a good old prequalification to decide the divisions (nice)

Ill create a thread now with the outlines how you can qualify :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  6. elloLeo Kinnunen

elloLeo Kinnunen
    Pin Head Racing

Ratings:
    +109
    Please don't listen to those people who say RD is too eurocentric, Bram. Circuits in four little Western European countries is pretty global, yup. :whistling:

7. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    I'm trying to practice to the event, but I'm a little confused about matching the server settings...in particular, ABS. It says "Anti-Lock Braking: Yes" above, but in the AMS game settings (not the car setup page), should I set this to Low, High or Off? I'm not quite sure if off means ABS will be used only if the car in question has it available or it means totally off, regardless of car. If it's the latter, do I set ABS to Low or High (again, in the game menu, not in the car setup page)?

8. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +589
    It's ABS - Low for the Mini. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    I know that the ABS for the Mini only goes to Low...what I'm asking is the General ABS (Anti-Lock) settings in Automobilista (In Settings -> Difficulty )...should that be set to Off, Low or High?

10. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    He does have a point, especially since AMS contains a lot of tracks from Brazil, as well as tracks from Argentina, Ecuador, Australia and Japan as core content. I think Suzuka (either the full track or one of the smaller variants) and a South American track would have been a more global selection.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, as I'll be gladly participating this year for the first time, but just something to consider for the next series.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  11. PicoBp

PicoBp

Ratings:
    +589
    Oh, gotcha! In there you can set it to off. If the car has any electronic assists, it will default to the appropriate level automatically and you'll be able to control it from the car setup menu.

12. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    Oh ok thanks...I normally have it set to off, so good to know. I'm not used to the Mini in AMS...Does the ABS light on the dash light up when ABS kicks in?

13. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,777
    If you set it low in the setup menu it's always on. ABS comes standard with the real life Cooper car and needs to be run as such in game as well. It's practically undriveable without ABS.

14. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    I get that Bram, it was more a question of whether ABS functions when set to off on the difficulty page of AMS. Not talking about the car setup page. I was wondering if ABS "Off" in AMS (again, on the diffulty page, not the car setup page) is like Assetto Corsa's "Factory" setting for ABS.

15. LoTone16

LoTone16
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    I just purchased a premium membership. The RD Mini Challenge sounds like fun but I have no idea if it makes sense for a newbie like me to participate. Do you guys have lap times for previous year's events? This could help me gauge whether I could consider or not participating. If I am too slow for the rest of the pack, I would just pass for this year. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    With the amount of entrees, there will be two divisions so you are bound to find company matching your ability.
    Try out a Friday evening Mini club race and you will see where your ability lies, and IF you do struggle there will be plenty of people on hand for advice on how to get the most out of these machines.
    My advice......it is fun, great racing up and down the grid(s); just learn about the game .i.e pits stops, getting on to the grid for race starts, fuel loads etc and sign up!:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +203
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here in terms of league racing and one thing is not entirely clear from the regs:
    Is it mandatory for every driver to join a team, or one can enter as a privateer? And is there a minimum and/or maximum number of drivers allowed in a specific lineup?

18. PicoBp

PicoBp

Ratings:
    +589
    I think there won't be a team championship this time, but if there would be one, you could still be a one man army. Max I think was 2 drivers per team usually. :)
    I'm happy to share the Banzaaaiii TCC pit stall though if you're interested. ;)

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,290
    There won't be a teams championship.

We do have them in some of our leagues and when that is the case it will be clearly outlined what the rules around teams are and if single privateer entries will be accepted in the Information & Signup thread for the league.

20. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,777
    Guys we changed the prequaly dates from 6th to 10th of January. That leaves us one day extra to collect the results.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.