Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw your logo in the Sro esports gt series teaser guys! can you give us more details?
Not yet :) But stay tuned!

tenor.gif

Any news on the topic?
And how would one get 'involved' in the organizing of this particular league?
Currently we're waiting for further development to ACC before we can successfully run a proper championship with it, to the scale at which we're looking to run. It may be some time, as development takes time.

Rest assured we will be announcing it as soon as we're able to.

So I take it the RD GT will be replicating the endurance series, and NOT the sprint series? Or are there plans to do both?

What are the features / stability that you're still waiting for in ACC?

Only guessing but I'm wondering if RD are just seeing how ACC and it's fan base pan out. It started out with a huge following but in recent months, online races I've seen have fallen away dramatically. The loss of triple screen and good VR support seems to have annoyed a lot of users.

The other issues could be staffing and timing. Online racing leagues tend to be more popular during the colder months, we stay indoors more! :) People on holidays at the moment, etc.

I've done a few club style races on ACC (on another site admittedly), we had twenty people at the start, but are lucky to get double figures turning up now (last race I did we had four people). Again it could just be due to the nice weather. People want to be outside rather than indoors.

There were some complaints about game stability (the server crashed a few times and we had to restart weekends), although everyone seemed to enjoy racing on it.

Only other guess is that the 2019 season update will happen later in the year? Maybe RD are waiting for that to happen first.

Only guessing but I'm wondering if RD are just seeing how ACC and it's fan base pan out. It started out with a huge following but in recent months, online races I've seen have fallen away dramatically. The loss of triple screen and good VR support seems to have annoyed a lot of users.

The other issues could be staffing and timing. Online racing leagues tend to be more popular during the colder months, we stay indoors more! :) People on holidays at the moment, etc.

I've done a few club style races on ACC (on another site admittedly), we had twenty people at the start, but are lucky to get double figures turning up now (last race I did we had four people). Again it could just be due to the nice weather. People want to be outside rather than indoors.

There were some complaints about game stability (the server crashed a few times and we had to restart weekends), although everyone seemed to enjoy racing on it.

Only other guess is that the 2019 season update will happen later in the year? Maybe RD are waiting for that to happen first.
I've taken part in a few Club races myself. I don't recall any particular issues in those. Though that's a very limited sample size too.
A lot of people must be on holiday now as well, so that can't help the statistics, although it's quite remarkable how quickly within the simracing community as a whole, the game has just sort of gone off of the radar.

I've taken part in a few Club races myself. I don't recall any particular issues in those. Though that's a very limited sample size too.
A lot of people must be on holiday now as well, so that can't help the statistics, although it's quite remarkable how quickly within the simracing community as a whole, the game has just sort of gone off of the radar.

Yes in fairness it was probably just one of those things as stability has been ok recently. I think the Unreal Engine has made it very hard work for Kunos but they've done the best they can with the tools they have.

Yes I agree, without trying to go off topic too much a lot of us wanted dedicated series sims like Codeys F1 games, we get one based around Blancpain GT3 and then people get bored of it (or so it seems). Which seems a real shame. Happy to be proved wrong though.

We have only started to scratch the surface of the game. How many players have actually had a race with weather transitions (like dry to wet or the opposite) or for more than one hour? How many actually know for sure how to setup the car to save fuel or tyres?
As to the number of players, perhaps this is due to the racing club format.Two races of 45 minutes in a week is a lot and it does not leave much time to prepare and improve. I am sure there would be a lot more players in a championship with more time between races, team preparation and the like.

We have only started to scratch the surface of the game. How many players have actually had a race with weather transitions (like dry to wet or the opposite) or for more than one hour? How many actually know for sure how to setup the car to save fuel or tyres?
As to the number of players, perhaps this is due to the racing club format.Two races of 45 minutes in a week is a lot and it does not leave much time to prepare and improve. I am sure there would be a lot more players in a championship with more time between races, team preparation and the like.
I'm on the fence really. I'd love a single-driver series. But thinking about it a little further, I think the real fun with this sim will come in the endurance races of 3 hours. I'm just not sure I'm a big fan of the 3 driver format that blancpain has. With the forced driver swaps it's a bit limiting in terms of strategy, but so is a 3h race anyway.
So I'm not really sure what I want. I think in the end I just want a proper organized league with this sim.

Hi guys, many websites are already organizing their new championships for September, do we know when this racedepartment championship will start? Give us some clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%