Resource icon

Skins 2019 Mercedes AMG W10 (RSS Formula Hybrid 2019) 1.2L

Login or Register an account to download this content
davewilliams000 submitted a new resource:

2019 Mercedes AMG W10 (RSS Formula Hybrid 2019) - Early WIP version of the W10 for the newly released RSS 2019 Hybrid

Presenting my early WIP version of the 2019 Mercedes W10 for RSS Formula Hybrid 2019

There will be updates to come on this once I have found where all the extra logos go (e.g. floor, halo, etc)

Showroom-rss-formula-hybrid-2019-29-2-2019-22-32-24.jpg

Showroom-rss-formula-hybrid-2019-29-2-2019-22-32-50.jpg

Showroom-rss-formula-hybrid-2019-29-2-2019-22-33-44.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Some super quick feedback:
- Hamilton's T-cam should be black
- The Tommy Hilfiger logo on the nose could be a little wider/larger and the Mercedes logo could also be a little bigger, the size of the Pirelli logo seems fine (used it as reference)

D204xZWXgAAFGSx.jpg:large

Thanks again, it looks stunning already!

Alright, round two of feedback. :D

- The IWC Schaffhausen logo on the FW endplate could be a little bigger
- The AMG logo on the headrest could be moved up a little bit (very very nitpicky here, I know :geek:)
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon logo should be bigger
- The numbers on the engine cover fin should be bigger and also moved closer to the edges of the fin
- Not too sure about the Petronas PRIMAX logo yet, maybe increase its size just a little bit
- The placement of the Epson logo on the RW endplate could be adjusted a bit (move it a bit backwards)
- The Crowdstrike logo is a lot bigger on the real car but I guess you kept it smaller so that the logo doesn't get messed up by all those RW endplate slots, maybe you can just play around a bit more with the size and placement to find the best compromise
- There's a mysterious third logo on the bottom of the RW endplate, couldn't figure out what it actually is, maybe you have more luck with that :p
- There's a small 'FW10' logo on the bargeboard, maybe you can fit it on there somehow

About the Halo: right now the black/carbon is the dominant color while on the real car it's more like 50% silver and 50% black (side view).
The black color also 'wraps' around the headrest more on the real car (There's a lot of black next to the AMG logo)

A few points about the blue/green stripe on the side:
1. I think there's too much of that blue glow around the stripe overall, there's only little glow around the stripe on the real car, it looks 'cleaner'/sharper.
2. There's too much black shading above the blue stripe on the side of the monocoque.
There should be the blue stripe, a bit of black shading and above that the Silver color should also be visible.

The Petronas logo on the side should be bigger and also moved upwards a bit. There should be more space between the logo and the blue stripe (the Petronas logo is actually on the same level as the Petronas logo on that side cockpit wing (no idea how that winglet construction is actually called :D)
The framing of the letters on the Petronas logo should be silver instead of white, just had a very clear shot of it while watching FP3.

The drivers numbers on the front of the car aren't dark enough, right now it's like a dark grey while they are pitch black on the real car.

Just noticed that the wireframe is kind of peeking through on the Mercedes logo on the Halo...?

Ok, this is the absolute final point I will make here. :D
I think that the black shading on the early part of the engine cover fin is a bit too strong if you compare it to the shading of the actual engine cover below.

Ah, I guess you're already aware of it but don't forget that 'E' logo below the Qualcomm Snapdragon logo. :p

Damn, this feedback turned out to be longer than I expected, sorry. :redface:
But I hope it is somewhat helpful. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for that very detailed list. I will certainly look at some of those points.

However I will point out 3 things:
  1. Whilst the car is quite similar to the Mercedes in a lot of areas, it is not exactly the same so some adaptation is required and therefore it cannot be an exact replica.
  2. The halo carbon is correct as I know CC cut it in the style of the Mercedes
  3. The dark and light areas on the real car change depending on how the light hits it... we can't do that here in game so I did it based on the indoor launchl photos/renders. In fact the dark area around the back and the shape of the stripes is traced from a launch photo so they are correct from the side view

About the halo:
On the real car the top 50% is painted in silver and the bottom 50% is painted in black (proper black colour, no carbon texture) while in the skin it's more like top 20% in silver and bottom 80% in carbon texture.
Since the halo has quite a big impact on the overall look of the car it would be great to get as close to the real car as possible... :thumbsup:
zAcXRyc.jpg side.jpg
obsRPvy.jpg front.jpg

20190214-f1-mercedes-w10.jpg

DzxTr1nWwAA4pYC.jpg

Other than the 'F1W10' logo on the bargeboard there's actually nothing to update I think...
So maybe wait a little longer and see if Mercedes makes some substantial updates to the livery?

Other than the 'F1W10' logo on the bargeboard there's actually nothing to update I think...
So maybe wait a little longer and see if Mercedes makes some substantial updates to the livery?
The skin map has been altered. So, some RSS and Precision Sim Engineering logos show up on the seatbelt and stuff.

davewilliams000 updated 2019 Mercedes AMG W10 (RSS Formula Hybrid 2019) with a new update entry:

Update to match car version 2.0

Updated to match car version 2.0 released 26/04/2019:
  • Added new HR maps to the barge boards EXT_HR_Logos_Extra_3.dds - blank to remove default car branding
  • Added new HR maps to the Style_1 Halo wings EXT_HR_Logos_Extra_4.dds with Marriott Bonvoy logo
  • Added new suspension maps Suspension_Special_NEW.dds - blank to remove default car branding

Read the rest of this update entry...

I haven't got time at the moment to figure out what font the F1W10 logo is in, but wanted to do a quick update to make sure the default car branding is not showing after the car got updated to v2.0. I'll add the missing logo when I get chance.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%