2019 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
2019 Mexican Grand Prix Discussion thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix.

As the current Formula One season draws to a conclusion, the class of 2019 head to the vibrant Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez circuit for the fifth running of the freshly reinstated Mexican Grand Prix.

Historically a happy hunting ground for Red Bull in recent years, can Max Verstappen complete the hat-trick of race victories this weekend, or will a revitalised Ferrari finally manage to pull everything together on race day to snatch an important victory for the Italian team?

With only Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas left in the title race heading into the final four flyaway events of the year, much of the championship points action will be focused on the increasingly fraught fight for third position, with Leclerc, Verstappen and Vettel covered by just 11 points heading into this weekends action.

Likely to be held in warm conditions until potential rainfall on on Sunday, hopefully the 2019 Mexican Grand Prix can produce another enjoyable weekend of Formula One action.

Mexican Grand Prix Discussion Thread 2.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

boy am i nervous about this one, 2nd pole for max but that has proven to be tricky at the start. also improvement under yellow... Robert Doornbos said on dutch TV that normally that only would be deletion of the lap time which would still give him pole but with penalties nowadays i'm really not sure if that will be the only thing

boy am i nervous about this one, 2nd pole for max but that has proven to be tricky at the start. also improvement under yellow... Robert Doornbos said on dutch TV that normally that only would be deletion of the lap time which would still give him pole but with penalties nowadays i'm really not sure if that will be the only thing

Max's wins this year so far came from bad starts... Pole is irrelevant if the topic is Max. :sneaky:

Geez I was cheering for Carlos Sainz after FP3. Gutted for Renault, disgusted with Bottas. No one left to cheer for. Go Max and Alex... Not changing my cards! I don't like to see any Ferrari wins now and I don't know why.

• Deleted member 113561

Unfair decision.
Nope, ignoring yellow flags completely = deserved grip penalty. Deal with it.
Imagine Verstappen would have lost it into Bottas/Marshalls ... the rule is there for safety reasons.

Edit: Quote refers to Verstappen getting a 3 place grid penalty for not lifting at all during a yellow flag (caused by Bottas crash) in the last corner during Q3.

deserved penalty, he didn't need to do it but did it after all so he has to deal with it. oh well, more people to overtake tomorrow as he'll probably do what he has done the last 2 years, pass the front, drive off and win in dominant fashion. mexico will remain maxico

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%