2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Italian Grand Prix Monza.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Formula One Italian Grand Prix.

Following a tragic weekend in Spa-Francorchamps, the Formula One field regroups once again at another legendary venue - the Italian Grand Prix in Monza.

Despite the sad passing of Frenchman Anthoine Hubert during the F2 support race in Spa, the Belgian Grand Prix was notable for a very first victory in Formula One for Ferrari sensation Charles Leclerc, the young Monegasque taking home the first of what are bound to be many trophies as he continues to establish himself as a major player in Grand Prix racing.

Leclerc has looked increasingly strong throughout the season, and with the confidence of a first race win under his belt, expect big things from the Ferrari man in front of the Tifosi on Sunday afternoon.

Can Ferrari carry forward their form from Spa? Will the rain interfere with the final finishing positions? Are Mercedes really under pressure this weekend or can Hamilton snatch a result on Mercedes worst track? Not long left to find out...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

After that embarassing Q3 quali I'm not that excited for the race anymore. What a shame. These kind of quali runs should be forbidden before next race. I'll watch the race but I/we should boycot it....

Are those really "the best drivers in the world" for god's sake ?
Lead by strategist, who also are ...world best, I guess.
Do your math dammit.
Facepalm.
Anyone else think it was beautiful irony when Kimi hit the "Never drink" part of the tyre wall in Q3...
No. But now that you mention it... it is kinda funny.
Kimi_Raikkonen1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111-700x367.jpeg

Last edited:
A lot of discussion on social media about one of Vettel's quali runs. His car passed the white line but no penalty. And they said they would penalize that.

Missed this completely while watching quali live.

ED4gfxKWwAACWrk.jpg

Why would Sebastian Vettel get a penalty? Hamilton didn't get one during British Grand Prix in 2016

Specific rule for Monza this weekend after they removed the "speed bump" that sent a lower formula car flying earlier in the weekend. Was clearly stated that any lap with all 4 tires over the white line would not count - and the following lap wouldn't count either.

Ferrari has had the Pole in Q3. Therefore, Ferrari was waiting - and rightly so. Since Mercedes, the runner-up, has to go out first. Perhaps the most beautiful: the giant cumulus clouds over the sky of Monza. Did you see that in TV :))

Last edited:
This failure is under investigation.
It will be good if they disqualified everyone who didn't make it past the start line for Q3 -- fulyl deserved it would.
Lando Norris would then race on his own the GP and bag a great, long overdue win for mclaren :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 103 13.9%