2019 Formula One British Grand Prix

That safety car was a joke and only sent out to make what was turning into a boring race, better. Well that and to give Hamilton the lead. Stupid manufactured race. There was no reason that a safety car was required given where the car was off the track. A virtual safety car would've been ideal.

That safety car was a joke and only for that hamilton wins. shame you england. corrupted sports. car was well on the safety zone. virtual safety car is enough!
Mod Edit. Offensive language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the race this morning and it seriously was the best race I have seen for ages. Brilliant hard dices and fights, bit of drama thrown in. Loved it and congrats to Lewis.

Watched the highlights just now: how did Leclerc end up behind RB's on SC restart? And, was Bottas so "unlucky" to pit at the moment of GIO going out?
Nice battle between RB-Ferrari, nice Baku 2018 replay and that's about it. Leclerc really gave it all, great driving. :cool:

Watched the highlights just now: how did Leclerc end up behind RB's on SC restart? And, was Bottas so "unlucky" to pit at the moment of GIO going out?
Nice battle between RB-Ferrari, nice Baku 2018 replay and that's about it. Leclerc really gave it all, great driving. :cool:
1. no, gasly didn't pit under safety car but leclerc did, so leclerc came out behind of gasly when he left the pit
screen651.jpg

3 is leclerc and 4 is gasly, the yellow area is the safety car window

2. bottas pitted around 3 laps before safety car to go for 2 stop as he had 1 brand new medium to use for doing medium-medium-soft(he admitted he was the one who chose this strategy from the options as he did a race simulation on medium, even during the safety car he was on radio listening to suggestions but didn't pit after all), while lewis was extending his 1st stint to go for one stop, medium-hard, the only brand new set he had was hard and he went for it while they had no race simulation data on hards .
when valtteri did his first pitstop he came back on his only brand new set (so it was the best set that he can rely on for a fast stint) but by pitting just 3-4 laps later under the safety car he had to take a used set and effectively throwing away his brand new set just after 4 laps, also as his other sets were used, it was possible that they couldn't take him to the end from that moment and he had to pit again and forced to a slower 3 stop and even lose his 2nd place.
the fate of the strategy was somehow obvious from their available sets for the race.

Last edited:
1. no, gasly didn't pit under safety car but leclerc did, so leclerc came out behind of gasly when he left the pit

3 is leclerc and 4 is gasly, the yellow area is the safety car window

2. bottas pitted around 3 laps before safety car to go for 2 stop as he had 1 brand new medium to use for doing medium-medium-soft(he admitted he was the one who chose this strategy from the options as he did a race simulation on medium, even during the safety car he was on radio listening to suggestions but didn't pit after all), while lewis was extending his 1st stint to go for one stop, medium-hard, the only brand new set he had was hard and he went for it while they had no race simulation data on hards.
when valtteri did his first pitstop he came back on his only brand new set (so it was the best set that he can rely on for a fast stint) but by pitting just 3-4 laps later under the safety car he had to take a used set and effectively throwing away his brand new set just after 4 laps, also as his other sets were used, it was possible that they couldn't take him to the end from that moment and he had to pit again and forced to a slower 3 stop and even lose his 2nd place.
the fate of the strategy was somehow obvious from their available sets for the race.

Thanks for detailed explanation. "Great" and "fast" thinking by Ferrari for that Leclerc's stop. :roflmao:
Where did Bottas' hard set dissapered, he had 1 for this weekend and if he did medium race simulation, I guess they didn't just threw away unused tyre? To bad he thought that 2 medium stints can make 1 stop difference to 1 hard stint. :laugh:

Thanks for detailed explanation. "Great" and "fast" thinking by Ferrari for that Leclerc's stop. :roflmao:
Where did Bottas' hard set dissapered, he had 1 for this weekend and if he did medium race simulation, I guess they didn't just threw away unused tyre? To bad he thought that 2 medium stints can make 1 stop difference to 1 hard stint. :laugh:
I'm now looking for that set to see where is it, ok, it seems he had one brand new hard too, his soft was used not the hard, my mistake. now it went from bad luck to a mistake(2018 chinese GP vibes that mercs +ferraries didn't pit under SC but RB did), or i should say not gambling? it seems leclerc early pit (lap 13) and his pace after it was a factor for valterri to pit early and try to cover it.

the full stints:
D_cfCH6XoAEqUp6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm now looking for that set to see where is it, ok, it seems he had one brand new hard too, his soft was used not the hard, my mistake. now it went from bad luck to a mistake(2018 chinese GP vibes that mercs +ferraries didn't pit under SC but RB did), or i should say not gambling? it seems leclerc early pit (lap 3) and his pace after it was a factor for valterri to pit early and try to cover it.

the full stints:
View attachment 315185
I see, that was quite a mistake from Bottas and his team. They could even see Gasly who stopped for hards in lap 12, but they went for same strategy as Verstapen for some reason. As for Leclerc's stop, they should know their pace and how better tyres work later in race (Austria). Merc do have some "dark" times with strategy, this is like they were making strategy for Monaco (track position over pace). :roflmao: Well, it's done let's got to the next one.

That was a great race. Looks like the pressure is off Merc for the year, while Ferrari did manage to close the performance gap a lot, Red Bull/Honda have jumped up to challenge Ferrari taking the heat off Merc. Fell a bit sorry for Bottas, the luck of the draw never seems to go his way.

I think Hamilton goes from strength to strength as a driver. He's ability to read the race and tell his team he knows the best course of action regarding pit stops is pretty impressive.

LeClerc and Max are the future of the sport though, wow. Those lads have zero fear and total commitment. Hopefully the two teams can maintain the performance improvements and we'll see more action from the top 3 teams.

I see, that was quite a mistake from Bottas and his team. They could even see Gasly who stopped for hards in lap 12, but they went for same strategy as Verstapen for some reason. As for Leclerc's stop, they should know their pace and how better tyres work later in race (Austria). Merc do have some "dark" times with strategy, this is like they were making strategy for Monaco (track position over pace). :roflmao: Well, it's done let's got to the next one.

Yeah, the biggest mistake was "not noticing gasly and vettel" and just focusing on max and leclerc (i mean who can count on gasly lol ) because gasly and vettel werethe other reason to not pitting valterri under SC as Gasly not pitting under SC+bottas pitting under SC= bottas behind vettel or maybe gasly (vettel didn't pit until SC and he was in front of bottas when SC deployed)with max and leclerc on his tail during restart, yeah that's not a pleasant situation for him but it's not monaco with those track position over pace shenanigans as you said :D
The safety car not only kept lewis in the game also kept vettel in it , i mean until he *** it up lol

Last edited:
Best race in many years in my opinion. Max finally comes out clean from battle!!! Vettel move was nonsense...unlike the commentators said, this one was very different from Baku when Max moved eligally under braking causing Ricciardo to crash. This time Max has done nothing wrong during the entire race and he deserved the podium.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years