2019 Formula One British Grand Prix

Some dick from The Sun said:
Lewis, ’92, talk about Mansell mania and the crowds coming in to see him. We’ve got a similar situation, Silverstone’s going to be absolutely sold out on Sunday, partly to come and see you with all the success you’re having. Now there’s no question about the support you have with F1 fans, they all adore you and think you’re great for what you’re doing, the titles you’re winning. You’ve also struggled sometimes to win over some of the other British public, non-F1 fans. Can you put your finger on that at all, any reason why you don’t have the same universal adulation as Nigel Mansell had, say?

What an appalling question.

What on earth does he mean by that?

I guess we should expect nothing more from that rag.

If he had any knowledege on the subject maybe he'd be discussing whether, if there are any lower levels of popularity among drivers, it it's potentially being linked to a drop in popularity of F1, or its switch to pay per view.

I thought Lewis Hamilton handled it, and answered it, far more respectfully than I would have.

We need a good race, Ferrari win and tightly bunched midfield battles is what I'm hoping for.

Poor, George Russel coming into F1, he must be dredding how many times he expects to get lapped at his home GP

Will the #1 in FP1 boost Pierre further during this weekend?
I think he tested some extra 'partymode' features and stressed the Honda engine a bit more. Max (and his team) asked the team to take more risk so he can keep up the quali and race pace with Ferrari and Mercedes. Was FP1 a good live trial?

Anyway: enjoy the British (wet?) Formule 1 weekend

About right for an English Summer's day :)

weather.jpg

I am glad this is the last of Silverstone. I liked the configurations of 1980-1990. Real racers track. Now its a piece of crap that looks pretty on TV. You have to camp out to go there and it will probably rain a lot. That said in the near future we will have a street race in London. Knowing street racing it will have a lot of pile ups and pace car and we will miss the 80's Silverstone and Brands hatch. Street racing is good for one thing and one thing only, racing Taxi Cabs.

David Coulthard Crashed in the Magny-Cours pit lane he was only going 10-20 mph and went straight into the chicane. Slowest crash i have ever seen.

I think the slowest Crash happend a week a go in Goodwood of course not in F1....but I totally forget which car and driver. I only mean that Romain is since last year the new Maldonado for me. I never will forget how he crashd into a few cars in the first corner last year while he totally killed the other cars with a burnout. This was really funny:)

I voted HAM because Mercedes will likely smoke the field. We might see Red Bull up there if they can nail the twisty bits. I don't think the team will allow Bottas to win in GB unless he is up by 20-30 seconds at the midpoint.

• Deleted member 6919

It was really interesting what EJ quoted.."that Vettel to Mercedes & Hamilton to Ferrari"..not convinced by that, I think there's more chance that Vettel will retire..
As for Silverstone great it's staying, but still miss the old layout..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%