2019 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

I am not talking about on track performance here. I am just trying to prevent someone from getting murdered! ;)
It seems to me that the relationship between the two drivers is getting sour.

No one is getting murdered. That was one very slight touch & things are blown out of proportions. We are used to see much bigger banging of wheels and cars continued. What happened was odd in many ways. & both drivers have their part in the accident. After all it was racing accident.

On other note I wonder why people even think about Vettel leaving or Ferrari removing him. Vettel is in love literally with Ferrari and until he wins with them I am not seeing him anywhere else. Ferrari on the other hand doesn't have anyone better to drive that car. Think twice, he is 4 times world champion who knows how to win not to mention he won them in row in days when racing was far more competitive. Another thing is not once Vettel has said anything against Ferrari. Not once. If he needs to he is playing the team game & is very honest with himself & the team - for example Belgium when he has said early on that he didnt had the pace & had no issue whatsovever to drive in favor to Leclerc by blocking Hamilton through S2 (much the reason why Leclerc won by 1sec) but when it came for Leclerc to help Vettel by giving him tow at Monza, Leclerc was acting like he just fell from Planet Mars. He was selfish & if it wasnt for the tow Vettel gave the lap before, Leclerc wouldnt have won the pole & by the way the lap on which Vettel gave that tow to Leclerc, he was quicker after analysis being made of just how much the tow had an effect. for Leclerc. So he eventually won the race & even though Ferrari had very big reason to celebrate as if they won the title, Binotto came on the radio and his first words were "You are forgiven". You don't say that publicly unless there has been some blunt ignoring of rules or playing smart. So when later it turned around he lost his head. People forget those details. That never happened with Vettel.

Among other GP's where he was faster others were: Austria, Singapore, Monza, Russia, Suzuka, Budampest, US & Brazil, Sebastian Vettel although beaten on quals in some of them, although in one of those beatings his car failed in qualifying, was on every circuit faster than Leclerc during the race & I know this for a fact because I've been looking at the delta times , lap per lap, on every GP as they were going on TV. Especially in Austria Vettel was almost half a second quicker than Leclerc whole race & if his engine did not failed in qualifying he would've won that race, at least it was more likely than Leclerc.

Hamilton beat Vettel in both 17 & 18 & now new guy in Ferrari comes and is seemingly "faster" & everyone jumped on that ship, but Leclerc is nothing better except he got good run at some races & in the right time things went well for him but when they did not he goes on the radio requesting swaps, requesting explanations, this & that. Sometimes I think "Who the hell he think he is?! You want it, prove it, race!" He sets his car for qualifying Vettel for the race, when Vettel goes ahead he is arguing thinking that if he got the pole he cannot be overtaken by Vettel. That kid needs to be put in his place. Sometimes I think Vettel is too soft & doesn't know how to fight for himself, but Vettel is not Schumacher in that sense, he asked for no preferential treatements. He never did neither with Kimi, much the reason why he lost 2018. He neither had it with Webber & when he ignored the team orders & spoke on track winning in Malaysia 13 people blamed him for being racer. "He is overrated", no. He is far too much underrated. Hulk instead Vettel, lol.

So yeah he is not leaving Ferrari.

x_tdy_emmy_daniels_130918.jpg

Pause the video at the moment of the crash. Lewis was inside as most as he could be. Actually, he was doing the corner very well enough.

Gotta remember in F1 they don't have helicorsa and limited visibility. It was a poor choice by Albon to run such a wide entry line with someone right behind him, however it was Hamilton's fault. Albon simply would not have known he was there, and Hamilton touching hitting Albon's rear quarter doesn't equate to being side by side. Nearly every F1 race has an incident like this and it's always the car behind's fault as they know the visibility limitations of their opponents and know that it's a dangerous move to make.

Gotta remember in F1 they don't have helicorsa and limited visibility. It was a poor choice by Albon to run such a wide entry line with someone right behind him,
That was the racing line, where Hamilton placed he's car was completely off line and there was zero chance Albon would have known where Hamilton was, because Albon couldn't know that Hamilton was on the apex the crash was inevitable. The fact Hamilton put his hands up immediately kind of puts the blame issue to bed.

I only got to see the race last night, fantastic race, Gasly in a drag race across the line for 2nd has to be one of the highlights of the year. A lot of happy people at Honda I'd say. I really like Hamiltons attitude over the last few races, he's still focused entirely on winning each and every race and he's more entertaining for it.

Don't know what Ferrari are going to do about Vettel he's turning into a bit of a liability lately.

It was very classy of Hamilton to admit his mistake during the interview after the race.
Yeah considering all the F'n and B'n during the race he looked in good spirits when he got out. It looks like he did genuinely enjoy the race even if he didn't win.

I've been impressed with him over all this year. The Merc loosing it's advantage has allowed him to show off his racing skills. I really hope a 3 way battle between Merc, Ferrari and Red bull materialises next year. But there always seem to be one car that's much faster on a particular track.

The reason Lewis got a penalty is because he admitted it was his fault, Stewards don't have a choice...... Don't think any other drivers will be putting their hands up anytime soon.

The reason Lewis got a penalty is because he admitted it was his fault, Stewards don't have a choice...... Don't think any other drivers will be putting their hands up anytime soon.
I think the penalty was coming anyway. On Channel 4s coverage David Coulthard called it immediately and said it would have to happen because Riccardo had already been given a penalty for the exact same thing. Most drivers wouldn't put up their hands but I'm pretty certain if Lewis didn't put he's hands up Albon and red Bull would have made sure he got the penalty.

Yeah considering all the F'n and B'n during the race he looked in good spirits when he got out. It looks like he did genuinely enjoy the race even if he didn't win.

I've been impressed with him over all this year. The Merc loosing it's advantage has allowed him to show off his racing skills. I really hope a 3 way battle between Merc, Ferrari and Red bull materialises next year. But there always seem to be one car that's much faster on a particular track.

Engineered win for Red Bull! They took penalties for untimely engine changes on previous tracks to gain advantage where they know they can. It's not unfair though. But if all are on equal terms, they might not even beat Ferrari if they all stick to the season engine they are supposed to use.

So basically, they won't punish Ferrari because well, it's Ferrari, but instead will add another fuel sensor to prevent them from using the current(2 races ago) form of cheating again.

Now that Ferrari is back to crap pace I guess they won't find anything, should have investigated them during their out of the curve performances after summer break.

Could you remind me when was Ferrari not crap in race this season? Even last few race: Mexico (before 1st TD, on high altitude) they were bad, tried to counter cornering speed and tyres in Austin, still bad. Back to high altitude in Brazil and to never higher pressures (non-Ferrari, usually Merc territory), again very bad.

I feel there's too much power and politics involved with Ferrari . I'd rather McLaren or Redbull win next season...
Ferrari need to be humbled like McLaren...
There probably is too much, although when you read about the history of Ferrari it's probably an improvement on how it was in the past.

Really F1 should be better at this. Money has corrupted every sport but F1 had money corruption from the very beginning.

Formula 1 as a sport is a mess, it's a fundamentally problematic "sport" because it's a engineering competition, it's a team sport and it's an individual sport. There's conflicts all over the place and every attempt to fix those problems makes things worse.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back