2019 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Spa F1 Discussion Thread .jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix.

Formula One returns from the summer break, at one of the finest racing venues in the world - the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps!

This weekend we see a new driver in Red Bull colours, a (hopefully) refreshed and reinvigorated Ferrari team keen to take the challenge to the mighty Mercedes and Max Verstappen looking to continue his rich run of form from recent events.. all at the finest track on the Formula One schedule..

Will the weather play a part in the weekend? Is the racing going to be as good as recent events? Can we expect some surprise results? We will soon find out...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I would like that Ferrari finds something for Sunday, and that Max manages to win with Merc out of podium. It would be great for championship, but voted with common sense, easy Lewis' win. :D

I feel bad saying this because he seems like a nice kid and has had some flashes that were moderately impressive, but does anyone else have the sinking feeling Albon is dead meat?

I just saw a photo of him over at Racer in his spanking new RB overalls with a big, genuinely happy smile on his face...I'm thinking "how long before the hammer comes down on this poor kid?"

Hoping that doesn't happen, would be more fun to see him succeed...just saying I've got a bad vibe on this one...

Ferrari have a Massive advantage in Spa,we've all raced spa in whathever sim.
Quali and the race is between the two Ferrari's. Even if the team messes up speed advantage is so big.

Mercedes is just sandbagging,they will turn up the engine, Ferrari is not the fastest in a power track, some fan say!:D
also Ferrari was using its older spec engine, not the new one they were talking about.
hope they won't screw Charles in the race...

Last edited:
Nice 1-2 for Ferrari. Vettel complained about traffic and lost 0,748.
Even a more interesting start and race tomorrow.
Will it be Charles first victoire? Or will race pace of Mercedes and Max' RedBull spoil the party?

Gio drove with the new spec Ferrari engine

• Deleted member 561801

Saying that with raikkonen avatar is ...strange^^ (but not senseless)
I'm a fan of Ferrari Scuderia and that since always. Do you think he has a chance to win a podium? I support not only kimi but also Vettel! Leclerc would have done better to stay at Alfa Romeo at least Kimi would still be Vettel's teammate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fan of Ferrari Scuderia and that since always. Kimi is a driver at Alfa Romeo, do you think he has a chance to win a podium? Then i love Kimi as much as Vettel! Leclerc would have done better to stay at Alfa Romeo at least Kimi would still be Vettel's teammate.
I'm pretty sure that Vettel wouldn't lose 0,748 seconds to Kimi at qualifying so your post makes sense :)

• Deleted member 561801

I'm pretty sure that Vettel wouldn't lose 0,748 seconds to Kimi at qualifying so your post makes sense :)
Maybe but he was a very good team Kimi/Vettel, unfortunately it's like that :(

Such a horrific crash at F2, the race cancelled entirely...
they didn't air any replay on that crashed, as respect to the drivers. i've watch a track side footage and that was big!
still no update on Hubert and Correa's medical condition

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing