2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Austrian Grand Prix Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.

Formula One heads into the mini European heatwave once again, returning to the popular Red Bull Ring in Austria for what everyone hopes is a much more compelling Grand Prix than we had to endure last time out in France.

LIVE: Watch the Austrian Formula 1 Grand Prix here

One of the shortest circuits on the calendar, the Red Bull Ring in its various combinations has a long and illustrious history in the sport, and often produces good and close racing throughout the field.

Can anyone stop Hamilton? What new way can Ferrari find to throw away a solid result? Are Red Bull capable of scoring another home victory? Tune in on Sunday to find out!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Grandstands will be Orange colored again pushing Max to his first victory of this year! :D And Yes I know... probably will not happen... but without hope... what else do we have left for Formula One this year.:rolleyes:

Grandstands will be Orange colored again pushing Max to his first victory of this year! :D And Yes I know... probably will not happen... but without hope... what else do we have left for Formula One this year.:rolleyes:
Although I feel like McLaren will claim them all as their fans.

what else do we have left for Formula One this year.:rolleyes:
Lots of Hamilton victories.
There's a Mercedes/Hamilton-history-making going on, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? Ten years from now we'll all be saying: remember those times?
Whether we like it or not, it's motorsport history.

Actually the battle between McLaren and Renault is interesting and also Racing Point/Alfa Romeo/Toro Rosso/Haas are close together.
You won't find the excitement in the top 3 for now.

Last edited:
There's a Mercedes/Hamilton-history-making going on, so why not enjoy it while it lasts? Ten years from now we'll all be saying: remember those times?

Actually the battle between McLaren and Renault is interesting and also Racing Point/Alfa Romeo/Toro
Rosso/Haas are close together.

Maybe your history, not mine :p

Ten years from now we'll all be saying: remember those times?
Yes...but for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully I will be saying something like, "Remember when Mercedes used to dominate everything? And that everyone thought Lewis Hamilton was a superstar but in reality it was only because he had the best car by far."

Lewis is the best bet but there are factors. Tires can fail, Engines can fail, Drivers are all human and can make mistakes even Lewis. Formula one is not as predictable as it seems. We just forget the times things get shook up. Like Jos Verstapen leading after the start, he was in a Arrows or Spiker car with ridiculously low fuel. Did not work in the long haul though. No refueling so you wont see that again.

And that everyone thought Lewis Hamilton was a superstar but in reality it was only because he had the best car by far."
That goes for Schumacher (Ferrari), Senna (McLaren), Prost (McLaren), Hakkinen (McLaren), Vettel (Red Bull) etc. as well. The first driver who manage to turn a midfield/backmarker team into a champion has yet to be born. Winning drivers/teams were always dominant in the past, so that shouldn't be an argument to dislike it.

Marquez is winning the MotoGP race after race, year after year. I don't hear anyone complaining about his dominancy which is not less than Hamilton.
Both guys are simply the best in their era; just recognize and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Actually the battle between McLaren and Renault is interesting and also Racing Point/Alfa Romeo/Toro Rosso/Haas are close together.
I like that I really do, and you said it all. Whether people like it or not, this is going to be motorsport history. I know that some people have their own private (or not so private) reasons for not liking it, but there's one man who shouldn't care either way, because he's rewritten the books.

Completely agree, the midfield battle has been great this season, extremely close. Just because the top three aren't producing exciting races doesn't mean the races aren't exciting.

I actually voted for Bottas, looking forward to him getting some of that pace from the first few races back. Also really hoping this wasn't a one-off surge from Mclaren and that they're actually starting to catch up a bit.

That goes for Schumacher (Ferrari), Senna (McLaren), Prost (McLaren), Hakkinen (McLaren), Vettel (Red Bull) etc. as well. The first driver who manage to turn a midfield/backmarker team into a champion has yet to be born. Winning drivers/teams were always dominant in the past, so that shouldn't be an argument to dislike it.

Marquez is winning the MotoGP race after race, year after year. I don't hear anyone complaining about his dominancy which is not less than Hamilton.
Both guys are simply the best in their era; just recognize and enjoy it.

Everything you say here is very rational (Don't forget other celebrated legends like Lauda, Mansell, Raikonnen, Clark, Graham Hill)...but sadly, Hamilton will never get respect from some people as one of the greatest, no matter what he achieves or what rational argument is presented. Luckily for him, his success and happiness doesn't depend on these people.

Some dislike him because he complains, some because of his flashy attire, tattoos and/or lifestyle...and some for reasons I'm not allowed to mention due to forum policy. Doesn't even make sense trying to apply logic using his actual driving record, or that he's arguably one of, if not the fastest and consistent driver in the wet of his generation, which is usually a sign of greatness for everyone else...except Lewis. Patiently waiting for the day he wins Championship #8 and Race win #92 to hear all the caveats that taint those achievements (compared of course to Michael Schumacher).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%