2019 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Lucky me with (Dutch) Ziggo Sport. Works perfect!

As predicted but still hard to see the gap between Williams and the rest --> Norris - Kubica 1.2 sec
Doesn't look very promising (yet?)

Ok it's just FP1 first stint says may be nothing?

FP1 first stint times.jpg

Last edited:
1:30 am here in Montreal. Watching FP2 on Canadian TV (Sky broadcast.) What’s the deal with Ricciardo’s helmet? It’s the ugliest design ever! The Ferrari looks like it’s very very good. Nice things is, the top 3 teams were really close during FP 1.

The new rear wing is interesting. The opening for DRS is noticeably wider this season, it really caught my attention the first time I saw it.

Interesting to see what extra the top car gives you in LeClerc.
The Merc made Bottas a top 3 driver.
It clear already that you need to be in a silver or red car the win the WDC....again...

Merc was just sandbagging. Again. 0.8 sec ahead of the rest of the field. :sleep:

Hope it’s not another boring season where Merc just pushes when they need to. It’s now the fifth consecutive boring season.

And Ferrari wasn't sandbagging today? Come on, it is not like they do this for the first time. "Grazie ragazze, you did a wonderful job overnight, blablabla...". :D

I just view Melbourne as a bogey circuit. We can never be 100% sure what the formbook is from this race.

However reading the interviews with Vettel, he's not a happy bunny. Somethings gone a bit wrong somewhere and like the rest of us he knows that to win a DC these days requires wins from the first round.

Nice to see Kimi up there, I feel bad for Williams and McLaren. The privateer teams day is numbered in F1 I feel.

Anyway, we'll see how things go over the course of the weekend.

An excellent article by Andrew Benson on the BBC about the new era of TV coverage in the UK.

Including

only 50% of the total running time of C4's programme can now be taken up by the on-track coverage - down from between 60-70% last year. They are not allowed to do interviews in what is known as the 'pen' - where all the drivers are taken to do a round-robin of broadcasters after qualifying and race - or in the pit lane. Any 'pen' interviews they use will have to come from Sky. The amount of interviews C4 can do in the paddock is restricted. And they have been forbidden from doing a 'grid walk'.

And

F1 chief executive Chase Carey, incidentally, is on the board of Sky UK.

Full article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47542802

However reading the interviews with Vettel, he's not a happy bunny. Somethings gone a bit wrong somewhere and like the rest of us he knows that to win a DC these days requires wins from the first round.
Vettel is a very good actor when he speaks about his car. Last year he was very convincing about the extra paddle on the steering wheel :laugh:
Hamilton did not win Australia in 2017 or 2018. This is a very long season and whoever loses first has plenty of time to recover.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back