2019 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion article for the season ending 2019 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The last race. The final hurrah. End of the season. One more tango. Final chance to make a mark. Seasons end is a wonderful time, a time where the heroics of the last 12 months get a final opportunity to showcase themselves to the watching world, before an intense period of testing and development takes place over the winter months and it all starts again in Australia.

Abu Dhabi will perhaps be the last time we see Robert Kubica and Nico Hulkenberg in Formula One machinery, both drivers looking for opportunities outside of a racing seat in 2020. Also, Abu Dhabi will be the final opportunity for the F1 field to grab some encouragement heading into the short winter months – can Ferrari or Red Bull grab some plaudits from Mercedes to motivate the team prior to next season?

Abu Dhabi looks like a fun venue, but rarely produces a great race. Can F1 end 2019 in style? We will soon find out!

Vettel is now the last one I would choose.
Not his car is bad as he said 2 years ago but it is him.
With his new colleague you could see it clearly.
But we still want to treat him again before he will or has to go to the new season .

The last race. The final hurrah. End of the season
I cry a little inside. It's been a while since I've seen the racing as it had gotten quite boring, but I feel like this season, despite the Mercedes dominance, is one of the better seasons of the last few years.
The Netflix series at the start of the season really got me excited for this season and I don't regret following it as closely as I did this year.

If you think season was already over when Lewis won his well deserved championship. Just have a look at the last races. Even yesterdays FP1&FP2 were sometimes pushing the cars/drivers 'over the limits'. Challenging off camber corner and a bit too enthusiastic Valtteri. Looking forward to quali and the final F1 race of this decade despite it is with a delay for me....wife/duty calls...
Enjoy the race weekend!

No doubt Ferrari fans are definitely happy this season is almost over... Haven't heard one word from any Ferrari fans. Yeah boring season :thumbsup: :laugh:

Of course now it's also stupid for Ferrari to start LeClerc.

Without the double pit stop Vettel would have done better today.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%