F1 2019 2019 F2 Season Update Added to F1 2019

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 F2 Update.jpg

Codemasters have released a new patch that finally brings the 2019 FIA F2 championship to the game.

When F1 2019 first released around the time of the Austrian Grand Prix, one of the key points of the new title was the first inclusion of the series supporting F2 category - a single chassis series where many of the current Formula One field have cut their teeth before moving up to the main championship.

At the point of launch, the category covered F2 in its entirety, with Codemasters promising fans a free update that includes the current series will be added at a future date.

Well, that future date is here, and players who next fire up the F1 2019 videogame can now play as any of the drivers from the 2019 F2 racing series.

As many reading this will be aware, sadly this season F2 has suffered tragedy with the loss of life for promising Frenchman Anthoine Hubert in a terrifying accident at Spa-Francorchamps. A race winner during the 2019 F2 season, Hubert has been honoured in the new content update and remains part of the content release from Codemasters - a nice touch, and positive way to keep the now sadly departed driver alive in the minds of fans of the series.

The new update will be available the next time the player restarts their Steam client, and comes as a free addition to the base version of F1 2019.

Patch 1.12 Update Notes:
  • F2 2019 Season added
  • 2019 McLaren updated to Monza livery
  • Various texture fixes for 2019 McLaren and Ferrari cars
  • AI rebalanced in wet conditions
  • Addressed a crash occurring after Q3 within leagues
  • Ability to disable voting in private leagues has been added
  • Addressed an issue where the Reach Level 50 achievement would not unlock for some users
  • Various Ranked Skill rating improvements
  • Various other fixes and stability improvements

Please note - the image used at the head of this article is from the 2018 F2 content, not the new 2019 series.

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Follow the latest news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and discuss the game with your fellow Grand Prix enthusiasts!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

As many reading this will be aware, sadly this season F2 has suffered tragedy with the loss of life for promising Frenchman Anthoine Hubert in a terrifying accident at Spa-Francorchamps. A race winner during the 2019 F2 season, Hubert has been honoured in the new content update and remains part of the content release from Codemasters - a nice touch, and positive way to keep the now sadly departed driver alive in the minds of fans of the series.

I assume his family was contacted about this and therefore it is a wonderful memorial to him.

I was hoping for 2018 Paul Ricard to make a come back with this update, sadly not, I know its not really a big deal, but it just irritates me that it was there, then they took it away.

I agree re: Anthoine Hubert. Not having him in the game would have been an insult to his memory, as if he had never lived.

And let's not forget Juan Manuel Correa, who very nearly lost his life too and is facing a long and hard road toward recovery.

2018 Paul Ricard was originally in game, it got replaced with 2019 layout, now they have both championship years I had hoped both layouts would be in game.
The only difference was pit entrance. On straight in 18 before straight in 19
Oh you mean the pit entrance only.
It was patched to the current version in August iirc. It's much better imho. Old pit entry was terrible.

Oh you mean the pit entrance only.
It was patched to the current version in August iirc. It's much better imho. Old pit entry was terrible.
I am not making a judgement of quality, but of accuracy. F2 2018 championship was with the version removed from the game. It would be nice to have the separate years champions on the versions on which they were run in real life. A pity the new version wasn't a supplement rather than a replacement.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%