2019 European races

I was just looking at the upcoming Spanish GP and noticed that F1TV says that the race is starting at 1610h CEST. The Formula One website itself states 1510h and both times are the same for all European races that I've looked at.

spain race.PNG

This does seem rather late as they used to start at 1300h I believe. But I haven't seen anything about updates start times for the races. Does anyone know what the correct times are and/or why they may have been changed?

I had a book that was F1 1990 and the 1st round was in Phoenix. No locals showed up as they where at home watching it on TV with Air conditioning on. Races just like in NASCAR are starting later which makes for a cooler climate for the fans. Also Track temperature is a factor. The cars tires work best at the hottest part of the day. And a late finish at night means you can have fire works or a light show.
I was on vacation in Italy as a child and real thirsty Venice where we where was empty. I just wanted a peach but it was like a ghost town. It was what the Italians call "SIESTA" the hottest part of the day when locals have a small sleep. The go party at night when there is a cool breeze.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%