2018 Super GT GT500 full grid car pack (2k & 4k resolutions)

Skins 2018 Super GT GT500 full grid car pack (2k & 4k resolutions) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
In qually best was 1.45.
Btw, which version of Suzuka do yoh use? That one from Project Reboot website? I think its the best version, although its illegal.
In that I can do 1.45 in Nissan.

Amazing work.

I used the stock (now V2 physics, updated by URD on 11/11/2018 so now it has proper downforce) version of the Nissan and got these results while hotlapping at Suzuka (WHERE ELSE? lol).

I used the M tire and tweaked the aero balance slightly, leaving all else stock (except on the RCF, where I gave it more rear bump, less front bump and moved the brake balance rearward a bit). In defense of the non-URD cars, while I've never driven a GT500 car (lol), they're still really fun to drive, even if they're not quite up to URD standards. Most importantly they do deliver very similar overall performance for offline racing. Even if you don't like the way they drive, you can always just drive the URD Nissan and let the AI have the Toyota and the Honda.

tjXlUU3.png

As you can see, all 3 cars are very well-balanced against one another! Perhaps even more amazingly, they each drive quite differently while delivering very similar overall performance.

Bottom line: Out of nowhere, we have one of the BEST mods I've ever tried (I love SuperGT, so I'm probably biased).

And here are the results from 2018. As you can see, the lap times are fairly similar.

If the physics of the non-URD cars are so terrible, I find it really interesting how they still manage to deliver nearly identical lap times to their real-world counterparts
(and of course there are always variables like temperature and the present state of the GT500 tire war that will throw the times off a bit). I'm surprised they're so similar, given the sheer number of variables involved.
Iv3SWF6.png
Thanks for the great feedback! I’m glad you are enjoying the GT500’s and that you are having a good offline experience which was what I was hoping for! No doubt there could be lots of little improvements and, as you say, people can always drive the URD Nissan against the Honda & Lexus AI. I’ll continue to improve it and look out for the 2019 skin pack much closer to the start of the season next year!!!

In qually best was 1.45.
Btw, which version of Suzuka do yoh use? That one from Project Reboot website? I think its the best version, although its illegal.
In that I can do 1.45 in Nissan.
Rceall that I'm using 40L of fuel and M tires for that time. I also did zero tuning (stock everything). In Quali trim, obviously I'd be way faster. It would also be a useless exercise in terms of verifying lap times vs IRL (see below).

The IRL 2018 results I posted weren't from Quali - they were fastest laps from the race itself. I feel this is a much better way to compare, since with IRL Quali there are many more variables in terms of fuel load, tire choice, etc. All of which then get magnified by unknowable factors like track temp, ambient temp, wind etc. The race laps tend to flatten out these variables and you get a much better idea of how fast the car is on race day (vs a single "golden lap").

Back when I ran in SCCA, you'd always have certain cars that were oddly fast in quali, but then the spread of laptimes would always tighten up during the race itself.

Yes, it's the AC Reboot version. And it is certainly "legal". They're not asking for money, so it's covered by Fair Use. Only pay mods have to (seriously) worry about licensing, which is why we have a "JT5" and not a GT500.

... if the physics of the non-URD cars are so terrible, I find it really interesting how they still manage to deliver nearly identical lap times to their real-world counterparts
Nothing against this mod, since I don't know its origin (talkin about Lexus and Honda).

Do you think only lap time is whats required for the "good" physics? LOL, pointless here. I, we actually spent countless hours working on URD's Nissan GT-R GT500 car with a help of RL drivers from this series. And you think someone who simply models the car (its actually a pure rip, Im almost possitive, but didn't even investigate), and works hour or two on tweaking some numbers of physics taken from some Kunos's (or someone elses, like urd or rss) car, that makes it a decent mod? Far, far away from that. But thats what people do. I know someone on FB who does almost a car per day, but for me not even a single car he made is worth a cent for me, because all sucks.

Nothing against this mod, since I don't know its origin (talkin about Lexus and Honda).

Do you think only lap time is whats required for the "good" physics? LOL, pointless here. I, we actually spent countless hours working on URD's Nissan GT-R GT500 car with a help of RL drivers from this series. And you think someone who simply models the car (its actually a pure rip, Im almost possitive, but didn't even investigate), and works hour or two on tweaking some numbers of physics taken from some Kunos's (or someone elses, like urd or rss) car, that makes it a decent mod? Far, far away from that. But thats what people do. I know someone on FB who does almost a car per day, but for me not even a single car he made is worth a cent for me, because all sucks.

I'm a huge fan of URD and have actually corresponded with you under my real name as a customer on at least 2 occasions (I think!). So you're preaching to the converted (and being embarrassingly defensive about your work).

It's also fairly amusing to hear all this, because until the Nov 11 v2 update of the JT5, it had terrible physics in terms of the amount of downforce it produced. It couldn't come anywhere near the performance of the real GT-R GT500. It was only after a modder here on RD came up with his own high-downforce physics set that URD (apparently) decided to belatedly update the JT5 to bring it more in line with reality. The result: The current JT5 is my favorite simulated car in all of sim racing. It is a total blast to drive.

So, I somewhat disagree with your assessment of the other mod cars. They're not perfect, but they're pretty good and do reward proper driving (and yes, I have track experience in the form of several years in SCCA Prod D). Of course there's far more to physics than producing lap times (although that isn't true if you're just using these cars for the AI to drive). I've made that same point countless times. Also keep in mind that these other mods are free, so let's not **** all over them, shall we?

My friendly advice (as someone who has paid for every single mod ever created by URD - for AC, rF2 and AMS): Chill out.

URD mods are great - just let that be enough and don't insist on crapping all over everything else. It doesn't look good to prospective customers. The unfortunate fact is that output from URD has been very slow for the past 2 years. Therefore, it's not our fault that the JT5, nearly 2 years after release (Feb 2017), still has no other cars to "play with". Based on what URD told me in an email, that is soon to be rectified (??).

Are you worried that these free GT500 cars will eat into your sales? I seriously doubt that, because these free cars are nowhere near URD levels of overall quality.

As you can see, I'm a real "URD hater" LOL.
awZl639.png

1J2pH4B.png

:) nice collection.
I didn't say nothing against this GT500 mod, as stated I don't know where it comes from, so cannot judge it. But I know many other mods (and people who do mods), which simply put way too little efford into them. This makes AC as a game look bad in my opinion. I always try to do my best before final release. Simply, if you do something, do it properly. Else better leave it alone.
Btw, I am not a part of URD team, I simply wanted to help them out with gt500 and dtm cars, since I know and have some strong connections with real world. I offered them a help mainly because I saw a huge potential in them, I knew what they were capable of (they still are), but they just needed some push and some proper data to rely on.

Last edited:
:) nice collection.
I didn't say nothing against this GT500 mod, as stated I don't know where it comes from, so cannot judge it. But I know many other mods (and people who do mods), which simply put way too little efford into them. This makes AC as a game look bad in my opinion. I always try to do my best before final release. Simply, if you do something, do it properly. Else better leave it alone.
Btw, I am not a part of URD team, I simply wanted to help them out with gt500 and dtm cars, since I know and have some strong connections with real world. Mainly I offered them a help, is because I saw a huge potential in them, I knew they were capable of (they still are), but they just needed some push and some proper data to rely on.

As I said, the reason we even have these other mods is that the JT5 was released in Feb 2017 with the promise of its companion cars soon to come. This never happened.

These cars are certainly better than nothing, and since they do (when driven by the AI) produce reasonably accurate overall lap times, they are very useful to someone racing offline who doesn't want to look at a field of 18 identical cars. I agree they're not up to URD levels (and the price I paid for them reflects that).

BTW - thanks for Chang International and your obvious devotion to Super GT. It's good to meet someone else who loves this series as much as I do.

It really amazes me - some guy thinks that this skinpack deserves 3 stars because he has problems with a third party car mod (which works just fine, by the way). Eh, human ungratefulness...

It really amazes me - some guy thinks that this skinpack deserves 3 stars because he has problems with a third party car mod (which works just fine, by the way). Eh, human ungratefulness...
It does get a bit disheartening at times when you’ve put so many hours of work into something but at least there are so many appreciative people here to make up for it!

It does get a bit disheartening at times when you’ve put so many hours of work into something but at least there are so many appreciative people here to make up for it!
Don't let it get you down. Even the greatest mods have these idiots who take out their frustration on the mod makers. Trust me when I say you've pretty much given us Super GT GT500 in AC! Finally!

PS - Plus, I reported that review. The individual has a technical problem with their AC install and clearly says they can't get it to run. So how can they possibly review something they can't see?

Don't let it get you down. Even the greatest mods have these idiots who take out their frustration on the mod makers. Trust me when I say you've pretty much given us Super GT GT500 in AC! Finally!

PS - Plus, I reported that review. The individual has a technical problem with their AC install and clearly says they can't get it to run. So how can they possibly review something they can't see?
Cheers mate, I’m a bit sensitive to criticism at times but I always feel happy posting here as most people appreciate the hours of work involved even if it isn’t their favourite series etc.

Im new forgive me for been a bit slow,Do i go to the unitedracingdesign website for the honda,nissan and lexus? also is it the AC shiro JT5 2016 pack?

yea i just got the jt5 2016 and it gave me 3 nissans to download, just in different skins. why do i need 3 of the same car? so where do i find the rest of the cars,honda lexus? cheers

I dont know what to say I give up looking for quality gt500 or Suoer Gt mod...gonna unfollow Chivas autoart on Facebook also he has cars you need but all I see is more and more rips or skins no phisycs improvement I was so pissed I bought drm pack(To me cars feels like 2 tons no 900kgs race cars) and tried urd dtm 2013....I think I will never give my money on mod car again...tracks I will support.No one seems to know how to get FFB or physics or sound or all on the same level as official cars IMO.Sorry for offtopic I had to LoL

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years