2018 Russian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

not only this time Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver, but also the races where there wasn't a change to vote....

Last edited:
Max is the best! With all the bullshit from the beginning of the season 2018. I have always faith in him. People forget how hard he have work years!! with his father on the go cards
Again epic race! Vettel and Lewis fans.... All he need is a good engine and Lewis have problems I am sure about that and Vettel to... but I think Vettel is not the same level as Lewis. Buth both drivers have a quicker car. But Max is special never forget he is only yesterday 21 years old!!!!

Last edited:
1) Max
2) Leclerc
3) Magnussen - he did a helluva job of keeping that obviously slower Haas in front of two drivers who are, as we know:) not strangers to some crazy moves and who have faster cars, not to mention that Grosjean finished outside of the points.

In such threads like this that are about personal views, opinions, when people want to slap on a "Disagree", would they please in respect do such by offering their own opinions and as to why they disagree?

Please stop trying to trash a person's user profile with accumulated "Dislikes" over petty things and bringing nothing to the conversation or topic.

Last edited:
I would disagree with voting for Max. He drove a faster car through the field. Nothing special about that. Lewis, Valtteri, Seb, Kimi, Danny....All would have done the same thing in that situation. How many times have we seen Lewis start from the back and finish on or near the podium? I chose Valtteri because he deserved the win, drove his butt off, and had to concede position without hesitation. Many could not have taken that, especially Max.

I would disagree with voting for Max. He drove a faster car through the field. Nothing special about that. Lewis, Valtteri, Seb, Kimi, Danny....All would have done the same thing in that situation. How many times have we seen Lewis start from the back and finish on or near the podium? I chose Valtteri because he deserved the win, drove his butt off, and had to concede position without hesitation. Many could not have taken that, especially Max.

Its been a frustrating season for Valtteri but is he really driving any worse than Kimi?
People will rave about Kimi (certainly more than Valtteri) yet often Kimi like him are many seconds behind the leaders in several races. Possibly just doing enough or of what the teams needs of them?

Both have had consistent podiums and no race wins, in some cases yes they may of had a win but with either mechanical issues or circumstances to advance the higher placed driver within their team.

Max did drive well and pulled some good moves, nice strategy by the team as well and had the race had a major safety car incident he could of maybe been more in the mix for a podium.

It wasn't a great race, not that fussed on debating DOTD as for each person it can be someone different, which is fine.

Last edited:
I would disagree with voting for Max. He drove a faster car through the field. Nothing special about that.
That's enough reason for some people to think he's the best ... untill they wake up and the reality looks different. :sleep:
Real F1 supporters see things a bit more in perspective.

Not agree.. Max tire management is one of the best by far! That is why he is better than a lot of the drivers in F1 He have no Ferrari or Rocketship Mercedes. In a few laps from the back to the front makes him special. From Monaco after a lot of critism he is in his game. Do you think why Ricardo go to renault 13-3 for Max in qualification.
My opinion todays F1 Lewis and Max are outdoor category. Lewis have the better car for years..
I hope Redbull next year with a better engine
Bottas with Lewis will never win a Worldchampionship. Bottas with all respect to him is always a Gerard Berger next Senna ....or a Ricardo Patrese next Nigel Mansell in the best car but with a quicker team mate.
Vettel how quick he is... ? Ricardo beat him by Redbull. Difficult to say... Ferrari welter and if it has to happen by Vettel it is not. He makes to much mistakes. Hockenheim/Paul ricard this year.

But is my opiniom only that ;)

Max...without a doubt.
This kid is naturally talented.
I have to admit...I was one of the guys saying he should have gone into a test and development role initially. He proved me wrong a long time ago. He is way better at this early stage than Jos ever was. An impressive driver when he gets the bit between his teeth.

MAXIMUM_ATTACK__Verstappen_goes_from_P19_to_P9_after_stunning_Sochi_start.html

In such threads like this that are about personal views, opinions, when people want to slap on a "Disagree", would they please in respect do such by offering their own opinions and as to why they disagree?

Please stop trying to trash a person's user profile with accumulated "Dislikes" over petty things and bringing nothing to the conversation or topic.
I only vote Finnish drivers, always have, always will.

A question for the RD site admins... Maybe in these ‘driver of the day’ threads voting buttons (especially disagree) could be disabled? It seems almost every vote for Max is responded to by a disagree by always one particular RD user. I think we all should respect each others opinions? I am not going to disagree in this topic with anyone that has another idea of who the driver of the day is. I see no added value in not accepting someone elses opinion in a topic like this.

It was well done my MV, but yes -- you could see how fast the car was getting through the back markers with ease, just driving around them on the outside of bends. Looked as easy as LH in silverstone. Different story when reaching the front six cars of course...
The soft tyre was also the best race tyre this time; reminds of a few weeks ago in GP2 one driver demolished the whole field from the back on the harder compound - it sometimes works like that.
Nevertheless, good drive DOTD.

Shame about the race in general though, abysmal display.

As long as they keep putting drivers at the back of the grid for equipment violations it will be boring.
Every so often you get a driver with a good car that can overtake the also rans and all get excited.

If RBR were up front in that race you would have had a great race start and a race long battle up front even if ToTo's Puppy's ran away RBR and Ferrari would have been mixing it up all race.

Liberty media's solution......a 4th Qualy session.....yeh that will spice it up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back