Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i set up my graphics settings so i can actually see the rain in-game? in the hud when in the pits i can see it on the coverage, but as soon as i get out on track i see nothing at all
I saw the rain in the garage, but the moment I went on track the rain stopped Now it is not raining in the server... I think it may just be a glitch but it is not raining but the track is wet.

Edit; It certainly feels as if it is raining... this is weird.

I saw the rain in the garage, but the moment I went on track the rain stopped Now it is not raining in the server... I think it may just be a glitch but it is not raining but the track is wet.

Edit; It certainly feels as if it is raining... this is weird.
tried it offline as well and with wet weather on, again on the "tv coverage" it's raining like hell but when i drive on track i just see some drops of rain while the rain % is still the same

how can i set up my graphics settings so i can actually see the rain in-game? in the hud when in the pits i can see it on the coverage, but as soon as i get out on track i see nothing at all
tried it offline as well and with wet weather on, again on the "tv coverage" it's raining like hell but when i drive on track i just see some drops of rain while the rain % is still the same
Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do to resolve this problem, as far as I'm aware. The inability to (clearly) see rainfall when in the car is a known issue; this is not the first time that I have seen reports from drivers about being able to see rain while watching the "TV monitor" in the garage menu, but not while driving.

However, I believe that you can now see the rain intensity, as well as the track wetness (as a percentage) via the HUD. I appreciate that this does not resolve the problem, or necessarily help, but at least it will allow you to see whether or not it is raining.

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do to resolve this problem, as far as I'm aware. The inability to (clearly) see rainfall when in the car is a known issue; this is not the first time that I have seen reports from drivers about being able to see rain while watching the "TV monitor" in the garage menu, but not while driving.

However, I believe that you can now see the rain intensity, as well as the track wetness (as a percentage) via the HUD. I appreciate that this does not resolve the problem, or necessarily help, but at least it will allow you to see whether or not it is raining.
Yeah i can see the rain % in the hud and spray in my rear view mirrors, so i do know a bit about the track situation

Gutted I DNF'd with slight contact when trying to back out of 2 wide into Maggots and lost a wheel and engine gone when hit the barriers. This is the first race I felt comfortable in the car - strangely - I do better in the rain. Great series though - thanks for all the work that goes into these - please run another one soon!

So...where to start? Not only was the race mental, but the entire season was fantastic. Thank you to @Joseph Wright for organising it along with @Matt Le Gallez , must admit this has been the best setup series we've had for a while so bravo, and as always thanks to @Daiman Patel for his technical help and setting up the servers!

Big thanks to both @pjlee1998 and @Paul Glover for the commentary and having some really funny after race chats - you guys have helped raise the image for broadcasts this season! And a final thanks must go to my fellow competitors, I have had a blast racing against you guys.

As far as last nights race? I had a bit of a shocker, running with a crooked car for 45 minutes in the pouring wet where I could barely turn the car left at times was not easy or fun, and it was the hardest and most stressful race I've had in a long time, but so happy to bring the car home in yet another P4. Congrats to Yuri, Anders and Charles for keeping it on the island and getting a podium.

I'm so happy to finally have nailed the championship, 3 full seasons, and after coming close 2 years ago in the IndyCar, I feel elated to have finally clinched it. This season has been a landmark one for me, the first time I've won a league race (and then another), and I feel like I've come a long way, the me of future past would not have been able to perform at Interlagos like I did to come back from 17th on the 1st lap, 1st corner, to P4 at the line.

Thank you once again, and a huge thanks must go to @Craig Patteson , @Tom Watts and to team manager and racer @Christian Moreau for all the support all season.

Look forward to getting the #1 on my car next season! :)

Last edited:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Teams.jpg

This championship has been one of my favourite to take part in. Lots of people have made this possible, so thank you to @Matt Le Gallez for helping me organise this fantastic series.

Congratulations to @Dan Long on the amazing championship victory, and it will be great seeing you sport the #1 on your machine next time out.

Thank you to @Craig Patteson for the setup at round 1, and my team mate @Lesley Buurlage for allowing me into his team and sharing his setups with me. A big thank you to @TobiasR for his setup at Silverstone. Without it I never would have finished so high up the field.

Also, a huge thank you to @Paul Glover and @pjlee1998 for their excellent coverage of the season. And finally to @Chark for his wonderful results and standings tables.

The final results can be seen at: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ip-results-and-standings.150203/#post-2757009

Well done to everyone, and I hope to see you all on the track in the next season!

Looks like safe driving pays off.. I didn't think i would score as high as 3rd in the championship.
But very unlucky for Christian Moreau, he really deserved better result.

First few races i wasn't sure how to drive, physics in rFactor 2 just felt so different from anything else. I gained some confidence as i matched and even exceeded the top drivers pace in Interlagos, which happens to be one of my favorites. I still can't push the tires and drive smoothly at the same time.. maybe with time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%